Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2009, 10:24 AM

30 posts, read 117,614 times

Advertisements

1) Paramount at Buckhead
2) Cosmo at Buckhead
3) Realm Buckhead

Can anyone who currently lives or is knowledgable about these three condo's tell me what they think of them?

I heard that Paramount is a conversion but I'm not sure. Do low-rise condos like Cosmo appreciate as well? I don't know much about Realm.

Also, does it make a huge difference what floor you live on...terrace level for Cosmo or a low level at the high rises.

Thanks for all your help!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2009, 10:26 AM

Oh and if you can recommend other newer condos in the area around $160 for a 1 bed 1 bath, I would greatly appreciate it!!!

Old 12-30-2009, 07:02 PM

any help please??

Old 01-03-2010, 10:37 AM

1,114 posts, read 2,340,870 times
I wrote a long response the other day but it didn't make it.

Paramount should new construction. I remember seeing a developer short sale advertising units at 170k for 1bdr. My realtor lives there and she paid 270k for her 1bdr. She was helping some of her neighbors negotiate short sales I think that may be in your price range so take a look.

Cosmo's problem is it in Lindbergh. There's a lot of decrepit apartments on all sides and the carcass of the defunct Skyline at Lindbergh tower which stands at about 3 stories of raw concrete. The area just doesn't have a lot going for it but there's a ton of supply given the nearby bankrupt Eon condos and none of the cachet of actually living in Buckhead. My friend spent 250k on a 850sqft 1bdr/1.5ba only to see the same floorplan sell at auction at 115k. It's a long way up back to his purchase price so you may have about 1/2 the building very disgruntled. He lived alone on his floor for 6 months and this was in the heady days of '07 when mortgages were still freely available.

Living on the ground floor is an issue if there's road noise. I looked at the Element low rise at Atlantic Station and crossed off any unit facing 17th St even on the 5th floor b/c the level of noise. It's also an issue for crime given they can just smash a window and get in. In high rises, the floor is only a problem if your view is completely obscured or its near a noise source like the pool or street. Condo developers price by floor but you likely won't see the exact return they charge. The guy living on 25 won't get 30k more than the guy living on 15 if the units otherwise the exact same.

As for Realm, it's a Novare development so it looks similar to every other Novare development. For Buckhead, I've heard its units are a bit small (most people like 800sqft+ for 1bdr). Novare's other Buckhead midrange development is Eclipse which was built around '04 so may have some units in your price range. They also built Gallery on Peachtree but that's a higher end building. They also built Metropolis, Spire, and Viewpoint which may have 1bdr's in your price range if you're flexible around where you live in Atlanta. There's also Twelve Atlantic Station or Twelve Centennial Park that have not fared quite as well so there are some unit available under 150k. They're also behind the Atlantic which is probably still priced near 300k for 1bdr's but looks to be empty.

Old 02-17-2010, 02:25 PM

288 posts, read 955,206 times
Mishap, sure are alot of "There's also" lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: