U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 07:56 AM

22,796 posts, read 34,834,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicdebt View Post
I am keen to know which movies were shot in Atlanta and whereabouts they were in Atlanta.

Also are there any documentaries or videos you can buy or download from the web? I have been watching some interesting YouTube videos of guys driving around but that's it so far...
Actually, a search on IMDB will give you all filming locations set in Atlanta (934 in all). Love me my IMDB.

PowerSearch Results
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2009, 10:07 AM

631 posts, read 1,074,937 times
Dont forget most of Tyler Perry Movies

Old 12-31-2009, 01:10 PM

8,862 posts, read 14,799,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeBoy21 View Post
Dont forget most of Tyler Perry Movies

lol--I posted this link earlier---no, Tyler Perry is a Presence in the ATL--so funny---glad he does what he does...

Go Here>>>

Tyler Perry...

Old 12-31-2009, 01:26 PM

I suppose those 'FOB'/Clinton that produced 'Designing Women' and 'Evening Shade' were primarily TV but some of them must work in film also--never really enjoyed the stereotypes projected on those shows but that was a tip of the hat to the South at the time, I suppose.

I always include 'American Beauty' on an Atlanta film list. Alan Ball, the screenwriter grew up in Marietta or thereabouts and wrote what he knew--darkly disturbing or not.

When I see/hear Julia Roberts I hear the Atlanta 'accent' in her voice and in her style--wherever her films may be located.

And we have Jane Fonda--I think she lives in Candler Park. Perhaps she will throw together a film about Atlanta--stranger things have happened.

A strange film would be the story of 'Jane and Ted'---I think I know enough about them and wouldn't rush to see it but--why not?

Why not--'The Zell Miller Story'---colorful character--almost any Georgia politician could have a film made about his/her life.

For a while J-Lo and Ben Affleck had a home on a coastal island but I think both have deserted Georgia at this point.

???A blonde person/actress--???former Trump wife???--owns a city in Georgia.

Gwnyneth Paltrow once ate lunch in a tea room in Ansley Park--the kitchy place--50's. Can't think of the name.

No shortage of crime stories in Atlanta--perhaps an LA filmmaker is researching that aspect of the culture and will produce an epic--they seem to like that sort of theme.

Oh yes---add 'Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil'--Savannah was the location but it is too good to be left off a list.

Kevin Spacey--I'd like to see much more from him. Last I heard of him he was directing/performing theater in Europe.

I know I wish Hugh Jackman would find a project that required him to come to Atlanta---I admit to having a 'thing' for Mr. Jackman.

ETA: If you want to stretch the point further--John Grisham's 'Skipping Christmas' was written about his experiences or those of his friends in Buckhead---turned into 'Christmas With the Kranks'--which is a movie I always like during the holidays.

Still like Chevy Chase's "National Lampoon Christmas', too. I'm familiar with the darker side of the holidays---lol. Better to lol.

Last edited by TakeAhike; 12-31-2009 at 01:50 PM..

Old 01-01-2010, 10:53 AM

1,262 posts, read 2,512,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
I suppose those 'FOB'/Clinton that produced 'Designing Women' and 'Evening Shade' were primarily TV but some of them must work in film also--never really enjoyed the stereotypes projected on those shows but that was a tip of the hat to the South at the time, I suppose.
As a born and bred Southern homosexual, I take personal offense that you do not like Designing Women!

Just remember, "And that is the night that. That the lights. Went out. In Georgia!"

Old 01-01-2010, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsonga View Post
As a born and bred Southern homosexual, I take personal offense that you do not like Designing Women!

Just remember, "And that is the night that. That the lights. Went out. In Georgia!"

Glad you added the ---i can be a bit facetious and I was being a bit facetious---I liked 'Designing Women'---really--my friend always thought I was a lot like Annie Potts, can't recall the character's name.

'Evening Shade' was another story--yawn--Bill Clinton--what can I say---he is what he is and the 'FOB'--I forget their names that produced both shows were determined to support him ---guess that's what friends should do.

sigh--a decade ago Jimmy Carter was the 'most hated/ineffectual President, ever' and it seems he has been replaced. That's all the politics that I know---lol--we have a 2 party system and constitutional rights and oh, how 'WE, ThE PEOPLE' love to exercise them.

Hey--I'm a Woodstock Boomer--I should get a 'Pass'---Springsteen, Willie Nelson, The Eagles, Crosby Stills and Nash, Credence Clearwater Revival, Elton John, Don MacLean and so on so forth ---Long Live the Silver Ball!!!!

Happy 2010---we are a diverse group in Briarcliff Heights.

Old 01-01-2010, 12:02 PM

22,796 posts, read 34,834,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
Happy 2010---we are a diverse group in Briarcliff Heights.
BH is an Old Hippie Enclave if I ever saw one.

Old 01-01-2010, 12:12 PM

2,819 posts, read 9,360,787 times
Let's not forget the newest release
ZOMBIELAND!!!!
Emma Stone On Set Interview ZOMBIELAND

Old 01-01-2010, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
BH is an Old Hippie Enclave if I ever saw one.

Cheering Wildly for BH!!!! We Try, We Really Do---Diversity, Dog Rescue, Social Causes---independent thinkers of all kinds --singletons, families, Seniors and the young and funky---that would be um- -- Emory University's proximity, jmo.

shaking my head--I have pics of the neighborhood in the early 50's--brand new sparsely planted yards, skinny little trees and lol--the 50's kids that turned into the Wild and Crazy Boomers of the 60's---Thomson, Kittredge, Briarcliff--at the time that Kittredge opened --you had a choice--Kittredge or Sagamore Hills---I think most of us went to Kittredge.

We walked home for the bomb drills and walked home in the afternoons--after 5th grade--parents thought that would be good for us.

Listening to Roy Orbison tonight--never did go wild for Elvis or the Beatles---Roy Orbison was 'my guy', FWIW.

Old 01-01-2010, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia View Post
Let's not forget the newest release
ZOMBIELAND!!!!
Emma Stone On Set Interview ZOMBIELAND
Thanks for the FYI, Georgia---Atlanta chosen for Zombie film--we have hit the Big Time--all I can say.

'Columbus (Jesse Eisenberg) is a big wuss — but when you’re afraid of being eaten by zombies, fear can keep you alive. Tallahassee (Woody Harrelson) is an AK-toting, zombie-slaying’ bad ass whose single determination is to get the last Twinkie on earth. As they join forces with Wichita (Emma Stone) and Little Rock (Abigail Breslin), who have also found unique ways to survive the zombie mayhem, they will have to determine which is worse: relying on each other or succumbing to the zombies.'

Cannot wait to see it. lol--seriously. The stranger the better--Woody Harrelson wouldn't be involved unless it was 'strange'--jmo of Woody.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or