Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 08:30 PM

2,206 posts, read 6,890,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reporter25 View Post
Athletic Club Northeast is nice, but expensive. Roughly $100 or so/month. Worth it, if you can afford it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
They actually have 'menu' pricing...you can tailor your monthly fee according to the services you wish to use. That is ballpark, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
The Decatur-DeKalb YMCA is a great facility, but even more expensive than the Northeast Athletic Club.

YMCA of Metropolitan Atlanta - Decatur-Dekalb Family YMCA Home Page
Really? The YMCA is $81 per month for a family (that's what we pay), or $53 for a single adult (hmm, relatively more pricey). http://www.ymcaatlanta.org/uploadedF...tes%281%29.pdf Still, that seems like less than the $100 ballpark figure for the Northeast Athletic Club.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2010, 07:34 AM

23,464 posts, read 44,074,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyRainyDay View Post
Really? The YMCA is $81 per month for a family (that's what we pay), or $53 for a single adult (hmm, relatively more pricey). http://www.ymcaatlanta.org/uploadedF...tes%281%29.pdf Still, that seems like less than the $100 ballpark figure for the Northeast Athletic Club.
Hmm, I had the monthly fee of $141 stuck in my head after I visited the one in Decatur; perhaps that was the initial fee. I just remember being taken aback!

Old 01-07-2010, 07:26 AM

2,531 posts, read 6,249,581 times
Anyone know anything about Snap Fitness? I was over at the Kroger on Briarcliff last night and saw the facility. It's a bit small, but I figure it could serve my basic needs for the time being.

Old 01-07-2010, 10:14 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,483,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindin View Post
Anyone know anything about Snap Fitness? I was over at the Kroger on Briarcliff last night and saw the facility. It's a bit small, but I figure it could serve my basic needs for the time being.
Were you at Sage Hill?

Here's What they say about Snap Fitness---might be worth a trial membership if they let you do that?

Go Here>>>>
Snap Fitness- Sage Hill - Atlanta, GA

http://www.snapfitness.com/

Old 01-12-2010, 09:57 AM

I'm planning on using more free weights within the next few months to help me with my workout, so Snap Fitness may be out of the question for what I plan to do.

Okay, I've found two more gyms and I REALLY want an opinion on the two:

Urban Body on Ponce

DeKalb Medical Wellness Center on North Decatur

I'm leaning towards DMWC because it would be the most convenient and I won't be screwed over in terms of a contract like I would at an LA Fitness or Bally's, LOL.

But I've heard great things about Urban Body in Midtown and the equipment seems to be newer. But they are pretty expensive for a gym that doesn't have amenities.

What are your thoughts?

Old 01-21-2010, 09:15 AM

Okay, I got 7-day trials to both Snap Fitness and DeKalb Medical Wellness Center. I liked the elliptical machines better at DeKalb Medical, but I liked the weight machines and people better at Snap. They're also pretty reasonably priced.

I've ruled out LA Fitness on NDH/LaVista. It was entirely too crowded for my tastes, and not very friendly staff.

Urban Body in Midtown was nice, but $55/month was a bit steep.

I'm going over to Core Body in Decatur this weekend. They're not much more than the gym I currently work out at, and I've heard good things about them.

The search continues!

Old 01-22-2010, 07:43 PM

53 posts, read 185,357 times
CrossFit East Decatur! CrossFit East Decatur - Exercise Gym in Atlanta, GA

It's the best thing I have ever done, signing up there. Not your usual gym. You are not going to find elliptical machines and all the rest here (other than rowers). They have workouts that are very intense, and often shorter than the time most people spend daily in their regular gym. My fitness has grown leaps and bounds since starting there in August. I delayed for a long time because, though I was interested in CrossFit for many months previous, I thought the monthly fee of 150.00 for unlimited was kind of high. I was wrong, and my only regret now is waiting that long. It is worth it. It's more than worth it. You get a lot of attention from the coaches, a lot of training in the classes. Also, they scale the workouts to your ability if necessary. I could not be more sincere if my life depended on it. Anyway, I chose that one because it was closest to where I live in Lilburn, and it so happens I love it and love the people and coaches so much, I wouldn't change even if a closer one were to present itself. But there are many CrossFit affiliates in Atlanta, just Google it if you're interested. Or actually, the link I gave will point to some if not all of them.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta