Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2010, 01:17 PM

2 posts, read 1,391 times

Advertisements

Young(ish), early 30's, professsional in search of advice: What is a good area for people like me? I keep coming across all sorts of supposedly good areas but cannot tell the difference between them.

Any advice on:
Buckhead
Virginia-Highland
Little Five Points
Inman Park
Sweet Auburn
West End
Cascade Road
Ansley Park
Collier Park
Morningside
Riverdale
East Atlanta

Last edited by LisaLisaC; 01-05-2010 at 01:20 PM.. Reason: copy/paste didn't work right the frist time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2010, 01:21 PM

1,320 posts, read 4,267,524 times
There are massive differences between those neighborhoods. They're all over town and a wide range of prices/styles, etc.

What are you looking for? Are you buying or renting? What type and size place do you need? What price range are you looking in? In what part of town will you be working? What type of neighborhood appeals to you? Do you like a more urban vibe where you can walk to shops & restaurants or do you prefer a more suburban neighborhood? Are there any particular amenities you need to be close to?

The more you can explain about what you're looking for the better members of this board will be able to help.

Old 01-05-2010, 04:39 PM

16,664 posts, read 29,417,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaLisaC View Post
Young(ish), early 30's, professsional in search of advice: What is a good area for people like me? I keep coming across all sorts of supposedly good areas but cannot tell the difference between them.

Any advice on:
Buckhead
Virginia-Highland
Little Five Points
Inman Park
Sweet Auburn
West End
Cascade Road
Ansley Park
Collier Park
Morningside
Riverdale
East Atlanta

LisaLisaC...

Please read this:
Moving to atlanta soon? Read this first

*after following the steps and procedures in the link/thread above, people on here will be able to help you better.

I hope this helps. Good Luck!

Old 01-05-2010, 09:59 PM

6 posts, read 13,596 times
Stay away f/ most areas in Riverdale, West End and the west part of Cascade. We need to know a lot more things about you? Where are you going to work?, etc. Riverdale and Buckhead is like a 45 min. w/ no traffic drive. You got a lot of neighborhoods in there?

Old 01-06-2010, 02:10 AM

625 posts, read 1,146,603 times
gee, I'd hope your a "professional" by now if you're in your 30's. In any case, you'll have to be a bit more specific than that Cascade road? west side? Bff, scratch that off your list, honey, if you're single.

I've lived all over Atlanta from buckhead to vinings to midtown. I worked in Marietta for 4 years but REFUSE to set foot in that place, it seems everyone there is 50 years behind modern society socially.

Vinings and the West End are quiet, but dont' Waste your life like I did living there, you'll find COMPLETELY different sets of people on the East side of Atlanta.

ALL IN ALL, I think the EAst SIDE is the best, L5P, morningside, highlands, etc...

Old 01-06-2010, 06:39 AM

81 posts, read 269,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondandfun View Post
gee, I'd hope your a "professional" by now if you're in your 30's. In any case, you'll have to be a bit more specific than that Cascade road? west side? Bff, scratch that off your list, honey, if you're single.

I've lived all over Atlanta from buckhead to vinings to midtown. I worked in Marietta for 4 years but REFUSE to set foot in that place, it seems everyone there is 50 years behind modern society socially.

Vinings and the West End are quiet, but dont' Waste your life like I did living there, you'll find COMPLETELY different sets of people on the East side of Atlanta.

ALL IN ALL, I think the EAst SIDE is the best, L5P, morningside, highlands, etc...
I hope you're professional by now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta