U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-10-2010, 12:41 AM
 
Location: Tampa, Fl
4,091 posts, read 4,670,627 times
Reputation: 3351

Advertisements

Ok guys, just out of curiosity... I work at Blockbuster in Tampa, and I've been told that we're a "testing market." My question, what are the Blockbuster policies up there? Do you still have the one day/five day option? Rewards program, passes, and all that? Thanks for the replies guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-10-2010, 06:05 AM
 
Location: Atlanta, GA
1,431 posts, read 4,344,544 times
Reputation: 888
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
Ok guys, just out of curiosity... I work at Blockbuster in Tampa, and I've been told that we're a "testing market." My question, what are the Blockbuster policies up there? Do you still have the one day/five day option? Rewards program, passes, and all that? Thanks for the replies guys.
I'm not sure, but alot of the Blockbusters in my area are going out of business...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2010, 09:35 PM
 
Location: West Cobb County, GA (Atlanta metro)
9,188 posts, read 30,171,221 times
Reputation: 5121
Blockbuster has recently announced that they will be closing up to 30% or more of their stores this year. The policies for returns are generally the same everywhere, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2010, 01:02 AM
 
Location: Tampa, Fl
4,091 posts, read 4,670,627 times
Reputation: 3351
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantagreg30127 View Post
Blockbuster has recently announced that they will be closing up to 30% or more of their stores this year. The policies for returns are generally the same everywhere, though.
I'm talking strictly rental policies. And I'm not worried about their "closing." I simply want to know if the terms for renting are the same, etc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2010, 08:08 AM
 
223 posts, read 630,904 times
Reputation: 75
Why don't you use the store locator on the website and call one of the local branches?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2010, 10:56 AM
 
2,683 posts, read 5,196,252 times
Reputation: 940
most people don't use them anymore. Red Box is big here where you can rent for $1/day and have no hassle or problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2010, 10:59 AM
 
2 posts, read 3,568 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by noah View Post
most people don't use them anymore. Red Box is big here where you can rent for $1/day and have no hassle or problems.
Yup, although I was surprised to see a BB near me that seems to always stay busy. Although the supermarket in the same center just acquired a RedBox.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2010, 04:14 PM
 
Location: Tampa, Fl
4,091 posts, read 4,670,627 times
Reputation: 3351
I work at Blockbuster. We have more people coming in saying they're tired of dealing with the RedBox. It's a fad. lus, we released our Blue Boxes down here . And Blockbuster Online to deal with Netflix.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2010, 04:39 PM
 
2,683 posts, read 5,196,252 times
Reputation: 940
I personally don't think its a fad but if Blockbuster somehow turns around their terrible practices and provides good service and the technology doesn't progress to where they are obsolete then MAYBE Blockbuster will be ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
I work at Blockbuster. We have more people coming in saying they're tired of dealing with the RedBox. It's a fad. lus, we released our Blue Boxes down here . And Blockbuster Online to deal with Netflix.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2010, 04:49 PM
 
Location: East Cobb
2,206 posts, read 6,063,657 times
Reputation: 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by noah View Post
I personally don't think its a fad but if Blockbuster somehow turns around their terrible practices and provides good service and the technology doesn't progress to where they are obsolete then MAYBE Blockbuster will be ok.
However, technology will make their business obsolete, sooner rather than later IMO.

When I was a young adult (early 20s) there was no such thing as a video rental, because there were no home video players. Then VHS and Beta came out, players came along, and an entire video rental industry grew up. For a decade or so, there were video rental outlets all over, weren't they? Now I'm in my early 50s and the video rental industry has declined dramatically. By the time I'm retired, it will have disappeared without a trace. A whole kind of business that just came and went during just part of my adult life. My grandchildren (should I have any) will think the idea of renting a video tape or disc to watch at home as alien as I would have as a young person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:23 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top