Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 06:48 AM

60 posts, read 305,016 times

Advertisements

So my focus is down to Johns Creek, Alpharetta, Suwanee, and Duluth (in that order).

Came across a nice house off Peachtree Industrial Blvd w/ Peachtree Ridge schools. Seems like a nice neighborhood.

Only thing deterring me is comments I'm reading on this board about Duluth going downhill.

What do you guys think of that particular area I mentioned as well as Duluth as a whole?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2010, 07:01 AM

997 posts, read 4,645,143 times
Where off Peachtree Industrial? The street stretches for miles.

That part of Duluth is in Gwinnett County. The Fulton County part of Duluth which now makes up half of Johns Creek I like better. The schools are much better.

What is your price range and what are you looking for in a neighborhood and house.

Old 01-11-2010, 07:18 AM

1,501 posts, read 5,103,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoast2GA View Post
So my focus is down to Johns Creek, Alpharetta, Suwanee, and Duluth (in that order).

Came across a nice house off Peachtree Industrial Blvd w/ Peachtree Ridge schools. Seems like a nice neighborhood.

Only thing deterring me is comments I'm reading on this board about Duluth going downhill.

What do you guys think of that particular area I mentioned as well as Duluth as a whole?
The part of "Duluth" where there are some problems isn't really in the city of Duluth, but consists of some apartment complexes off Satellite Blvd. near Gwinnett Place Mall. The Peachtree Ridge cluster is generally a nice area.

Old 01-11-2010, 07:29 AM

3,972 posts, read 12,661,614 times
I think Fulton schools are better than Gwinnett, simply because they are more than 50 percent smaller (as a system) and on a per capita basis, probably wealthier.

Old 01-11-2010, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jln69 View Post
Where off Peachtree Industrial? The street stretches for miles.

That part of Duluth is in Gwinnett County. The Fulton County part of Duluth which now makes up half of Johns Creek I like better. The schools are much better.

What is your price range and what are you looking for in a neighborhood and house.

Good questions. The section I'm referring to is between Abbots Bridge Rd & McGinnis Ferry Rd. Too bad the river was there otherwise it would fit nicely into Johns Creek.

At most I would pay is $400, 450k and for a newer home built in the 90s and on. I love cul-de-sacs and would like a HOA with a clubhouse/pool/tennis. Def need good schools as well.

Old 01-11-2010, 07:49 AM

1,364 posts, read 4,147,130 times
All of those areas have good schools, access to shopping, parks, and entertainment. My first choices would also be in your same order.

Old 01-11-2010, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Good questions. The section I'm referring to is between Abbots Bridge Rd & McGinnis Ferry Rd. Too bad the river was there otherwise it would fit nicely into Johns Creek.

At most I would pay is $400, 450k and for a newer home built in the 90s and on. I love cul-de-sacs and would like a HOA with a clubhouse/pool/tennis. Def need good schools as well.
That area to which to are referring is a very nice area.

Old 01-11-2010, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioNative View Post
That area to which to are referring is a very nice area.

But does the negativity of Duluth's bad areas make the good areas not as glamorous? I guess my concern is resale value later. Will people hear Duluth and be turned off?

Old 01-11-2010, 08:48 AM

23,462 posts, read 44,090,617 times
Quote:
But does the negativity of Duluth's bad areas make the good areas not as glamorous? I guess my concern is resale value later. Will people hear Duluth and be turned off?
The area that you describe is pretty well buffered from 'that part' of Duluth. I would not be concerned. IMO Duluth is regarded by locals far more positively than negatively. Norcross is another matter.

Old 01-11-2010, 09:28 AM

Quote:
There are basically no uniformly good areas in metro Atlanta - just about every corner of the metro is a mix of nice and less nice areas. I would pay more attention to the individual school cluster as much being more important - city labels don't mean as much in metro Atlanta, as most people don't even live in a city, or in the case of North Fulton, have a zip code that has a different name from the actual city in which they reside (for example, people living in parts of Johns Creek actually have a Duluth address).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta