U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2012, 02:16 PM

738 posts, read 1,117,410 times

Advertisements

#firstworldproblem
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2013, 04:48 PM

1 posts, read 4,114 times
Default golf club in east cobb area

What are the top country clubs near east cobb Georgia? For golf course and social atmosphere?

Old 07-01-2013, 05:40 PM

1,683 posts, read 1,667,261 times
Why not start a new thread? This one is old and not totally relevant to your question...

Old 07-03-2013, 04:26 PM

5,357 posts, read 4,883,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfeastcobb View Post
What are the top country clubs near east cobb Georgia? For golf course and social atmosphere?
To partially answer your question, somewhat surprisingly there are only two major country clubs in East Cobb, Indian Hills Country Club and Atlanta Country Club.

Link to web page for Indian Hills Country Club:
Indian Hills Country Club - Marietta, GA - About Us

Link to web page for Atlanta Country Club:
https://www.atlantacountryclub.org/

The Cherokee Town and Country Club of Buckhead has their golf course located in nearby Sandy Springs in Fulton County.
https://www.cherokeetcc.org/default.aspx?p=home&E=6

And Brookfield Country Club is located in nearby Northwest Roswell.
http://www.brookfieldcountryclub.com/

Those are the four country clubs that are located in and immediately near East Cobb County, there are many other country clubs located all over the North Metro Atlanta suburbs, but they vary in driving distance from East Cobb.

If you want more details on membership, fees, atmosphere, etc, like AtlJan stated, you should start a new thread as there are plenty of posters that can help you out.

Old 07-15-2013, 08:01 AM

1,381 posts, read 2,478,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfeastcobb View Post
Depends on your age. Indian Hills is running a deep discount still. Sign up with some other folks (I think they may even pair you up) and you can get initiation completely waived. Dues are much more reasonable. I would say this is more a family oriented club vs some of the others. Golf course is not the best, but the club offers the greatest value if that interests you.

Cherokee was running a deal of $40k if you are under 35yrs of age. And you can split that up over interest free pmts until you are 40!! Great deal for a high caliber club. Not sure if that is still running. Over 40 and I think you have a write a check for $65k or thereabouts.

ACC is a check for $80k, no discounts. If you are under 40, you can get a junior membership, but they only allotted a VERY few of those and the waiting list is long for juniors. Under the junior membership you still owe $80, but can split it up over interest free pmts until you are 40.

There are quite a few clubs are verify differing price points. Need to know your price range just as if you were buying a house.

Old 04-11-2015, 10:37 PM

13 posts, read 19,780 times
I know this is an old thread but I'm just curious - what are the initiation fees at Peachtree Golf Club? I know there is also an assessment for the club expenses, but I am wondering how much it would cost to join should one receive an invitation.

Old 04-12-2015, 07:06 AM

1,154 posts, read 2,269,278 times
There has been a lot of change in North Fulton golf courses since the beginning of this thread- lots of buying and selling (Club Corp has been on a frenzy). With new ownership comes changes.

Old 04-12-2015, 04:01 PM

20,895 posts, read 32,882,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcg9779 View Post
I know this is an old thread but I'm just curious - what are the initiation fees at Peachtree Golf Club? I know there is also an assessment for the club expenses, but I am wondering how much it would cost to join should one receive an invitation.
Old time Atlantan here. My grandfather was a founder of the club. You just need to give up on that smokepipe fantasy.

Old 04-12-2015, 10:57 PM

13 posts, read 19,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Old time Atlantan here. My grandfather was a founder of the club. You just need to give up on that smokepipe fantasy.
It was just a question. My grandfather was a long time member of Peachtree (and CCC as well) and my parents had their wedding reception there in the 70s. I remember going to parties there as a kid and played the course several times when I was young, but that was before I was into golf and didn't appreciate it. I was merely curious about the current initiation costs, that is all. I'm certainly not in a position to join a country club at this point in my life!

Old 04-13-2015, 05:59 AM

20,895 posts, read 32,882,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcg9779 View Post
It was just a question. My grandfather was a long time member of Peachtree (and CCC as well) and my parents had their wedding reception there in the 70s. I remember going to parties there as a kid and played the course several times when I was young, but that was before I was into golf and didn't appreciate it. I was merely curious about the current initiation costs, that is all. I'm certainly not in a position to join a country club at this point in my life!
You know, I don't have a clue . It's rather Atlanta's version of Augusta National.; I wouldn't even know who to address that question to anymore.
I still have a framed photograph of the founders sitting on the front steps, including Bobby Jones. The grill there had the best hamburgers in memory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or