U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 06:31 AM

1,301 posts, read 1,136,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albertosbaby View Post
My husband has an opportunity to relocate to either Athens GA or Forest Park. I am looking for a good neighborhood for families with the best schools for children with disabilities. My 9 year old son has High Functioning Autism. I would love a place with lots to do for kids, shopping, parks, dining etc. Any suggestions? Athens area vs Forest Park area?
Forest Park is a DUMP with easily some of the worst schools in the country. Public schools in Athens also stink but NOTHING to the extent of what you would find in Forest Park which in in Clayton County or as many of us like to refer to it, metro Atlanta's armpit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2013, 02:30 PM

1 posts, read 1,325 times
Hi
I'm moving to atlanta ga in June 2013 end of month trying to get a good insight on whats the better school district for 2year old and 9 year old help please

Old 02-01-2013, 06:34 PM

324 posts, read 347,603 times
With all that DeKalb is going through, I'd definitely avoid it like the plague!!!

Speculation mounts that DeKalb school chief is leaving Comment Page 1 | Get Schooled

Old 02-05-2013, 06:31 AM

682 posts, read 364,545 times
I agree w/ Jxu66 and spacelord75--You really have to look at your budget and the lifestyle you want. If you find your niche--like-minded people living the lifestyle you live--the school thing will fall into place. There are great schools in Milton and great schools in Morningside, but, man, these are two different places! You really need to walk around (and PLEASE test drive during rush hour) to make sure you've found the right place for you.

Old 02-05-2013, 09:10 AM

493 posts, read 254,898 times
Nasir, what area of town will you be working in, what is your budget and home type preference (condo, apt, townhome, house etc.) and what would be considered an acceptable commute time?

Old 02-05-2013, 09:50 AM

26 posts, read 13,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasir2583 View Post
Hi
I'm moving to atlanta ga in June 2013 end of month trying to get a good insight on whats the better school district for 2year old and 9 year old help please

Same here

schooldigger has been a great help

Old 03-14-2013, 07:43 PM

1 posts, read 1,040 times
Default schools for children with special needs in GA

Hi Im moving to gwinnett county and would like to find the best schools for autistic children.

Old 03-14-2013, 08:11 PM

109 posts, read 134,798 times
We are also moving up to the Atlanta area in June, and i've been doing my research and Cherokee County (Woodstock) also has pretty good schools.

Old 03-15-2013, 08:47 AM

493 posts, read 254,898 times
Oconee County has great schools and nice homes. If you are working from home, it is with a look. While some make the commute to Atlanta, it still takes over an hour to get to downtown without traffic. Its proximity to UGA makes it ideal--you can get most of what Atlanta has to offer without traffic and at much less cost, and if you do need to go to Atlanta it is not much worse of a drive than for anyone else in the suburbs.

Old 03-15-2013, 12:32 PM

962 posts, read 785,923 times
"Best" is always subjective every time.

If you are a new poster to city Data, create your own thread with the details you want in a school / general area of metro Atlanta. Just read the top 2 posts to get more details on the guidelines of what to post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta