Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 12:32 PM

4 posts, read 14,196 times

Advertisements

Oh, thank you all for all these very helpful and thorough answers! I will process all this info and take a look. I was much more pessimistic about finding something within our parameters until I read this.

(Sorry for the delay, but I thought I had my settings such that they would let me know if I got replies to my posting, and I saw nothing at first after I posted and looked at the thread, and then nothing in my email alerting me of replies since. Must have done something wrong in my settings.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2010, 12:06 PM

1 posts, read 1,517 times
Midtown is a great area, with all the amenities you are seeking. If interested, I have a home there that I'm thinking of selling. It is quite a unique property. It was built in the 30's and has all the character you could ever want in a home. As an added bonus, while sitting on the front porch you can see the entire midtown skyline. From the back yard you can see downtown skyline. I'd sell for 200k.

Old 03-31-2010, 09:53 PM

3 posts, read 4,252 times
I just wrote a long promotion of Parkview/Kirkwood on another post. But I just bought a completely stripped to the studs remodel/rebuild 3/2 bungalow on .20 acre lot for 225k. Brand new everything. There's LOTS of opportunity in your price range for both renovations and ready to live in places in Edgewood/Kirkwood/East Lake with easy access to MARTA and the lower taxes of Dekalb County in some parts of that side of town.

Old 05-20-2010, 03:28 PM

4 posts, read 6,938 times
Ormewood Park is a great option as well. I have a buyer client closing mid June on a 1929 Bungalow with great front porch, character, and a yard for $195k. I think that type of home would be a great fit.

Old 08-16-2010, 07:30 AM

121 posts, read 371,520 times
menschet, did you ever find that perfect location? I am starting to look for the exact same thing.

Old 08-16-2010, 08:01 AM

927 posts, read 2,226,030 times
Brooklyn, and if menschet is still looking, Historic East Point and Historic College Park would probably have what you're looking for. They're both near MARTA stations, is becoming more diverse, and because they're still a bit further from the city but still in the perimeter, much cheaper than other intown homes. I like the area and saw quite a few, surprisingly, rainbow flags in enclaves of east point.

For both, the close to Main St, the better. As that's where most of this historic character is and where the Marta stations are. Don't look too far outside of the Main street area as it becomes more typical, cookie cutter suburban. The area code 30344 covers historic East Point; not sure about historic College Park.

Last edited by bizchick86; 08-16-2010 at 08:12 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta