Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 11:59 AM

1,054 posts, read 3,244,112 times

Advertisements

Budget of 250k.
Kids.

Which area do you like better for that price range/affordability?
I think it's down to those 2.
I have yet to check out Suwanee (have checked out Dacula).

What's your opinion?

Thanks.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2010, 12:06 PM

472 posts, read 854,731 times
Dacula.

Suwanee traffic way too congested. So glad we didn't move there when we were looking to buy :-) Although it is nice area.

Old 02-13-2010, 12:24 PM

1,262 posts, read 2,973,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1972 View Post
Budget of 250k.
Kids.

Which area do you like better for that price range/affordability?
I think it's down to those 2.
I have yet to check out Suwanee (have checked out Dacula).

What's your opinion?

Thanks.

While I don't know if you will get quite as much for your money in Suwanee, I would definitely recommend it. I know that you thought that Dacula was a bit too rural for you, which I kinda agree with. For those that want that, it's a great option, however things tend to be more spread out, with amenities further away. Both are great communities, however, I think that for you Suwanee would be a better pick. It's a great community, and consistently ranks one of the best places to live in the country. The parks in both areas are phenomenal (thanks Gwinnett!), however the city of Suwanee is doing a great job of preserving greenspace. Hope you get to check it out soon, you will really like it.

Old 02-13-2010, 05:55 PM

472 posts, read 854,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsonga View Post
While I don't know if you will get quite as much for your money in Suwanee, I would definitely recommend it. I know that you thought that Dacula was a bit too rural for you, which I kinda agree with. For those that want that, it's a great option, however things tend to be more spread out, with amenities further away. Both are great communities, however, I think that for you Suwanee would be a better pick. It's a great community, and consistently ranks one of the best places to live in the country. The parks in both areas are phenomenal (thanks Gwinnett!), however the city of Suwanee is doing a great job of preserving greenspace. Hope you get to check it out soon, you will really like it.
Rural? Not the part I live in...I live in Dacula (near Braselton Hwy end) and I'm less than 5 minutes to Mall of Georgia, all the restaurants/amenities there and Buford. 5 minutes to Hamilton Mill area and the amenities near there, 1/2 mile from DAcula Kids Village and sports. Perhaps she was looking on outskirts of the area...I love being able to get anywhere I want to be without having to get on the interstate

Old 02-14-2010, 11:40 AM

2 posts, read 7,277 times
Wink Dacula without a doubt

Suwanee is very nice area but not close enough to major roads. Dacula is very close to 316 (not that great) and also close to I-85 - a good route for commutes to other Atlanta areas.

Lived in Dacula since 1995 and just love it here. Actually on the Hamilton Mill side. New passive park, Mulberry Park, new recreataional park and library at Hamilton Mill, 15 minutes to Mall of Georgia (largest mall in Georgia) 10 minutes to every fast food know to man, Home Depot, Kohls department store for quick shopping, movie theatre, WalMart, Starabucks, banks - what do you need? We have it.

Email Removed

Last edited by Georgia; 02-14-2010 at 11:41 AM.. Reason: Use PM's do not list public emails and websites, Thanks

Old 02-14-2010, 12:44 PM

1,501 posts, read 5,101,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda Knight View Post
Suwanee is very nice area but not close enough to major roads. Dacula is very close to 316 (not that great) and also close to I-85 - a good route for commutes to other Atlanta areas.

I-85 runs right smack dab through Suwanee, with access at exit 111.

Old 02-14-2010, 01:12 PM

45 posts, read 216,359 times
Live in Dacula...work in Suwanee. Both are great but prefer Dacula because less congested.

Old 02-14-2010, 02:19 PM

1,054 posts, read 3,244,112 times
If you live in Dacula, let's say around Hamilton Mill...where is the nearest hospital, and how long does it take to drive there?

Old 02-15-2010, 09:40 PM

45 posts, read 216,359 times
Gwinnett Medical......15 minutes if you are not dealing with traffic.

Old 02-16-2010, 03:53 AM

513 posts, read 1,631,840 times
If commuting to Atlanta was not in the picture, I can't see how anyone with a family would not like the Hamilton Mill area in Dacula. Despite a horrible near road rage death with a couple of methhead rednecks on a back road in Dacula last month, I'd move there tomorrow! ; ) (that was the worst traffic thing I've been through in 20 years of living in the Atlanta area)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta