Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2010, 01:00 PM

1 posts, read 2,204 times

Advertisements

I'm thinking of moving to Atlanta or the Atlanta metro area in approximately three months. I currently live in Seattle. I would be making this move with my family however I would like to get out on my own asap. I've got several years experience in manufacturing and maintenance of manufacturing equipment. I would forseeably be looking to spend about 800 a month on rent depending on the hourly rate I was recieving. I know the job market is tough everywhere, but I wanted to know just how bad it is there. I would also like to know of some good areas to live. Any and all help you could provide would be greatly appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2010, 08:06 AM

2,404 posts, read 4,401,994 times
The economy is pretty bad here. I would make sure that you have a job before you think about moving. As far as where to live, you need to give us some information on what your looking for. I like living in Atlanta, but it has no where near the natural beauty of the Seattle area.

Old 02-17-2010, 10:45 AM

2,685 posts, read 6,046,590 times
I am also a washingtonian living in Atlanta. As you know the economy isn't great in Seattle or Atlanta but Atlanta seems to be very much a growing economic engine with new companies relocating here. Quite frankly I think its a much more pro business environment then Washington and things will probably pick up here quickly. Also like Seattle the traffic here is bad if you live in the burbs and commute in.

Old 05-24-2011, 05:39 PM

1 posts, read 1,585 times
Default Noah still think this is true,,,?

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah View Post
I am also a washingtonian living in Atlanta. As you know the economy isn't great in Seattle or Atlanta but Atlanta seems to be very much a growing economic engine with new companies relocating here. Quite frankly I think its a much more pro business environment then Washington and things will probably pick up here quickly. Also like Seattle the traffic here is bad if you live in the burbs and commute in.
Hi Noah,,,I was very encouraged to read what you had posted about
Seattle vs. Atlanta,,,i think that is very true,,,business friendly more so
in Atlanta,,scenic is great here,, but i am opting for more income and financial stability than one more lovely mountain top. And the south
is coming along better i feel ,,,back to solvancy than the West,,,
Thnks for the clear assessment,, i am going to see about a job
in Atlanta in the next two weeks,,,
So do you still feel good to hear someone is leaving Seattle for
the ATL?,,, Let me know,, thanks,, Jake

Old 05-24-2011, 05:50 PM

2,530 posts, read 4,772,114 times
There are many nice areas of Atlanta, you should focus on finding a job first and from there we can give you specifics on where to live. Wherever you live in Atlanta you will be happier if you keep your commute to a managable distance

Old 05-25-2011, 01:26 PM

2 posts, read 2,371 times
Generally speaking (I'm sure there will be a debate on this until the end of time), but the northern suburbs are nicer than any other direction outside of the city.

I love Seattle and would love to move there, but it's just not in the cards for me right now. Housing is ridiculously expensive in Belltown (where I would want to be).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta