Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 03:20 PM

7 posts, read 24,756 times

Advertisements

After searching extensively for a nice city in a warmer climate, we are thinking of selling our home in Connecticut and moving to Peachtree City. I have noticed that there are a lot of homes for sale in the 130-175k range. We are considering using our profit from selling our home to buy a house outright with no loan. Are these area's of Peachtree City with the lower end priced homes decent areas to live. Safe etc.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2010, 05:57 AM

744 posts, read 2,471,810 times
Most of the listings you will see of homes for Peachtree City will mention what areas /subdivision they are in. If you could list those of the homes you are interested in ,that would be helpful in giving you some advice.

Old 02-22-2010, 06:37 AM

Default Peachtree City lower end homes

Thanks for responding. Some of the ones we were looking at are in Fairfield, Fetlock Meadows, and Lake Peachtree. We are going to be coming down to look at the area in the next couple of weeks. We are willing to spend more money for a nicer area if need be.

Thx

Old 02-22-2010, 02:04 PM

744 posts, read 2,471,810 times
Of those areas you mentioned here are my preferences if I were looking to buy a house in that price range in Peachtree City.
My first choice would be - Lake Peachtree - It is an older established neighborhood with great access to everything , library, city offices, parks, and the golfcart paths around the lake are so nice.
My second choice would be Fetlock meadows. In my opinion it is not quite as nice as Lake Peachtree but still a good local.
Fairfield would be my third choice. It is a big subdivision where they houses are more modern in design but they are also built on top of each other - they are so close together. It also is right across hwy 74 from the railroad - so living there can be a little loud at times. Also traffic to get to it on hwy 74 is a little busy at times.
I hope this helps.

Old 02-22-2010, 03:08 PM

Thanks so much. Can't wait to come visit. Any other points of interest or advise you have the time to give would be awesome. In your opinion, would we be in a better position/neighborhood if we financed and paid 200-225k or so?

Old 02-22-2010, 04:41 PM

7 posts, read 30,659 times
In my opinion the south side of Peachtree City would be a better choice. Check out the neighborhoods at the end of Robinson road, Ashton Park and others. I would be very carefull of the older neighborhood on the otherside of Walmart , not sure of the name. The condos on the lake are a good option to rent or buy untill you get to know the area. Peachtree City is very safe! You will love it!

Old 02-23-2010, 12:59 PM

Thanks for all the info. The south side does look a little more spread out. After looking at the street map and aerial views, I can see what you are saying about the railroad tracks and the houses being on top of one another in some areas. We are planning on renting for a bit. Thanks for the heads up on the condo's.

Old 02-23-2010, 03:26 PM

7 posts, read 19,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panterawalk View Post
Thanks for all the info. The south side does look a little more spread out. After looking at the street map and aerial views, I can see what you are saying about the railroad tracks and the houses being on top of one another in some areas. We are planning on renting for a bit. Thanks for the heads up on the condo's.
I grew up in the area but moved away in 1999. I've been back a couple of times, 2004 and 2006. It has really grown so much since I was there.

I first lived in central Peachtree city around Lake Peachtree area. The homes in that area I considered old at the time so they'll definitely be older, they were some of the first in the area if I remember correctly. It is a good area though and I have a lot of memories in and around Lake Peachtree.

We then moved to South Peachtree City which was being built at the time, I actually went to Middleschool at Whitewater, which won't happen anymore in PTC because of the new schools they've built and the zonings. I really liked South PTC.

The last few years right before I came of age and moved out, we moved again to NE PTC. I did not care for this area as much but the houses and the location definitely is the most affluent part or was when I was there.

Needless to say if you survived that post then I apologize. PTC is one of the nicer areas in America IMO to raise a family. I've been all over the country and have not really found a place I have liked as much. I am considering moving back there myself since I have a family now.

There used to not be very many bad places in the city. Winmeade Subdivision is the only I can think of and that is the one near walmart. (may have mispelled that but it is something around there.)

Old 02-24-2010, 02:26 PM

Wow. Doesn't seem like anyone really has anything bad to say about the city. Some of the other posts noted that some people may be a little uppity, but I think you pretty much get that anywhere and if thats the worst of it, sounds like a great place to be. I assume the job situation is just as bad down there as it is here in Connecticut.

Old 02-27-2010, 02:47 PM

71 posts, read 274,337 times
Pantera, Hey I am considering moving down there this summer myself. Funny Peach Tree City is attracting folks from the east to middle coasto i can't forget the west coast ... hee hee... i am going down there this spring to check it out to see if i can really dig it.. I'm from IL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta