Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 01:17 PM

24 posts, read 93,687 times

Advertisements

I would like to know which Macy's close to Atlanta is the biggest. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2010, 01:22 PM

1,228 posts, read 2,388,624 times
Macy's at Perimeter Mall and Macy's at Lenox Square on the northside of town.

Old 03-16-2010, 01:45 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,227,108 times
I dunno, seems like the one at Lenox has more bra's in it...could be wrong...wow, and who woudn't want to drive more to see pretty much the finest stuff Malaysia has to sew and offer? Whoa!!!!! where would we all be without knowing, precisely, where the LARGEST Macy's is......

Imagine what would happen if she had asked for the largest Super Target or worse, Super Wal-Mart!!! The chaos that would ensue.....

Yo, go to the nearest. I am quite sure they have the same assortment of goods from around the greater sweat shops in Asia. I am equally sure that they will have the same dis-interested clerks manning tepid, cash resister stations with equally slow performance and equally absence of alacrity in getting you out of the line and on your way.....

For my money, I would tend to go to the ones on the outside of town. Less chance of them being bum rushed for cheesy jeans late the night before. Just my opinion.

I never thought one would want to spend anymore time in one of these than they absolutely have to. Just like Sears (ever notice when you go into Sears you go to EXACTLY where you need to go to get EXACTLY what you need to get and then get the shiite out of there EXACTLY as fast as you can....why is that?).

Also, when you get there, do us all a favor, throw some attitude on the perfume counter chicks. Not sure what's in the potions but, it tends to help them get their noses out of joint....one week they are slingin' hash and eggs at the waffle/awful house, the next, they are "cosmeticians" complete with all 3 days of Jean Nate training....laughable.....God how I hate those broads....

Federated Stores Represent!

Old 03-16-2010, 02:08 PM

288 posts, read 958,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midtown mile girl View Post

Old 03-16-2010, 02:26 PM

24 posts, read 93,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midtown mile girl View Post

Thank you for the short yet helpful reply

Old 03-16-2010, 02:53 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,853,346 times
With the demise of the Rich's brand name, I know the Town Center Macy's and it's former Rich's were both operating at the same time with the Macy's name. Sorry, haven't been there in some years since my move west, but if the two were both opened, would their combined area make them the largest?

Somebody with more recent information... Are both Macy's spots still open at Town Center in Cobb? The original Rich's took on the more standard Macy's lineup, the original Macy's became a home store with funiture and other home furnishings.

Old 03-16-2010, 02:55 PM

1,228 posts, read 2,388,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonamestill View Post
Thank you for the short yet helpful reply
Well, it's all you asked for! If you have any other mall questions let me know, I grew up going to these malls.

Old 03-16-2010, 02:56 PM

2,531 posts, read 6,247,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
With the demise of the Rich's brand name, I know the Town Center Macy's and it's former Rich's were both operating at the same time with the Macy's name. Sorry, haven't been there in some years since my move west, but if the two were both opened, would their combined area make them the largest?

Somebody with more recent information... Are both Macy's spots still open at Town Center in Cobb? The original Rich's took on the more standard Macy's lineup, the original Macy's became a home store with funiture and other home furnishings

Yes they are. The original Rich's has the Women's clothing while the Original Macy's has the furniture store on the top two levels and the Men's clothing store on the first level.

Old 03-16-2010, 03:27 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,706,146 times
The Perimeter Mall Macy's doesn't seem that big...

The Macy's @ Lenox is 3 or 4 floors, if I'm not mistaken? Ranks up there with Hearld Square in NYC to me (obviously, I know the one in Herald Square is way bigger)

Guess, we would have to find the square footage reports...

Old 03-16-2010, 05:25 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,853,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindin View Post
Yes they are. The original Rich's has the Women's clothing while the Original Macy's has the furniture store on the top two levels and the Men's clothing store on the first level.
Would this not then make the combined Town Center Macy's the largest in Atlanta? Are any of the other malls running double Macy's like this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta