Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2010, 10:47 AM

21 posts, read 86,115 times

Advertisements

Anyone currently living (or recently lived) at any of the following apartment communities?
-Calibre Woods
-Post Briarcliff
-Gables Sheridan

Those are our top three choices right now. However, we would like to get inside information from current and recent residents. We read apartmentratings.com but it seems like the reviews on the website are a little extreme (mostly from angry residents). We want to know more about:
-Safety
-Sound insulation (Calibre Woods and Post claim there is poured concrete between floors but some Post reviews say sound insulation is still poor. Gables admits there is no concrete between floors.)
-Parking convenience (None of these communities have assigned parking and we were wondering if parking becomes difficult during peak hours.)
-Bugs (We know that there are bugs everywhere but it seems some apartment communities have worse infestations than others.)

We would appreciate any other information you can provide. If you have photos you can share, those would also be much appreciated.

THANK YOU in advance for your help and insight!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2010, 11:59 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,477,939 times
I live 'near' the listed apt complexes and although I cannot answer your questions I can confirm that these properties are in general above average.

Several previous posters have been happy with Calibre Woods.

Old 03-19-2010, 01:03 PM

1,123 posts, read 6,535,704 times
Looking at a map, it appears as though Gables Sheridan is the old Windsor at Briarhill? If so, I lived there...I had a termite infestation and a foundation leak on my 1st floor unit, but then everything was cool in the 3rd floor unit. Parking was no issue at all. Had a buddy living in Post Briarcliff...parking was more difficult there (not crazy, just not ideal) and they had a much better pool scene there. Seemed like tons of Emory kids there. Both complexes (like most in the area) suffered car break-ins if you left stuff sitting in plain sight.

Old 03-19-2010, 01:35 PM

21 posts, read 86,115 times
Thank you both for your replies!

@spacelord75: The former Windsor at Briarhill is now called Briarhill Apartments. Gables Sheridan was built in late 2007.

Old 03-22-2010, 05:42 AM

1,123 posts, read 6,535,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoryBound View Post
Thank you both for your replies!

@spacelord75: The former Windsor at Briarhill is now called Briarhill Apartments. Gables Sheridan was built in late 2007.
Gotcha...well, that should be a nice place then. Typically the Gables are nice and the fact that it is new is even better. I really liked the area overall, really convenient for both Midtown and the Highlands, and a pretty quick commute to Emory for you as well.

Old 03-27-2010, 01:23 AM

2 posts, read 7,819 times
I've been living in Post Briarcliff too long to even want to admit here, and as such, I think that makes me a good candidate for review! In all the years I've been at this complex, I have only had the best service and speak very highly about the community. Management has changed a few times through the years, but I've felt that they've been consistently friendly and easy to work with. At any rate, they seem to take most of my concerns or maintenance requests seriously and I can never remember a time in nearly a decade here that I had to wait more than 2-3 hours for maintenance, as long as I called them during business hours. The grounds are always immaculate and barely look a day older in my time living at the complex, which is a true testament to their staff and heavy emphasis on landscaping. Some complaints I've read talk about the high cost that Post spends on landscaping, but I think it keeps the complex bright and fresh looking and keeps it from looking run-down, which is key.

Even after so much time, my apartment continues to look current, not dated, and the Post leasing office has been great about changing out carpet, repainting and repairing as needed through the years. While the security gate has broken down from time to time, it is almost always in perfect working condition and helps to give me peace of mind. Just like most complexes around Atlanta, there have been break-ins and car thefts throughout the years (luckily nothing has ever happened to me) but I dont feel that it is fair to blame the management team or the complex for any of that - it is a normal occurrence around here and there is nothing they can do to prevent it more than they have. After 1 particular safety issue a few years back, they really stepped up the security and implemented an around-the-clock guard, adding even more peace of mind.

Again, there is nothing negative I can say about this complex and think that it is a great, affordable apartment complex with a homey feeling in a terrific and convenient part of Atlanta!! I highly recommend it to anyone who is considering living here!

Old 05-28-2012, 04:44 PM

1 posts, read 5,088 times
Default Post Briarcliff was great

I just moved out of Post Briarcliff, I'd highly recommend it. It's really popular with Emory and Tech grad students, as well as Jewish families (very large synagogue right around the corner).

-Safety: Never an issue. Lots of students walk out to meet cabs at the entrance of Post late on Fri/Sat nights without worry. The doors have double deadbolts, and there are all the usual warnings not to leave windows open on the ground floor or valuables out in your car...just use common sense.

-Sound insulation: I lived on the top floor, never heard my neighbors at all.

-Parking convenience: Living in the middle of the community (400 building), I never had to hunt for parking, even on weekdays after rush hour.

-Bugs: The dumpster is outdoors, so there are lots of bugs if you go to throw out your trash at night (it's pretty gross), but I was on the top floor, so I never had bugs in my apartment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta