U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2010, 10:02 AM

3 posts, read 2,853 times

Advertisements

We are considering relocation to Atlanta, can you help with infomation based on the following:

Can you suggest areas to preview when we do a location scout the first weekend in April?

Research is showing us Conyers might work , any feedback on that location? It also seems there are many foreclosures in Atlanta, is that right? Any area not to consider?

Work would be close to the airport, across 75. A commute of 30 to 40 minutes is OK. We would like to be in the $200,000 range; something near a lake or creek would fit great for us, and country living is a plus. We live in a 110 year old historic house and would like try a newer house this time.

We are younger empty nesters (45+), with grown children, who love the outdoors. A good school system is still important for resale, however.

We have a big dog, Mastiff, so anywhere we would consider has to allow fences.

Thanks for your help,

Melissa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2010, 10:04 PM

504 posts, read 1,308,708 times
Conyers would be pretty close to the country-side, but it's quite far from the area around the airport. I can't recommend much by way of neighborhoods near the airport that have great schools. Peachtree City might be a better fit for you though.

Best Places to Live 2009 - Top 100: City details: Peachtree City, GA - from MONEY Magazine

Old 03-23-2010, 10:08 PM

2,642 posts, read 7,254,959 times
You ARE young empty nesters! Let me guess...married early 20s, kids soon after? I'm right, huh? Or close.

My husband and I are following the same path. I have a friend, he's 47 and he just had his second child. When his son was born I said, "Hey, Bill, when I'm 47 my son will be 21."

Sorry, I can't help you with your query other than to second the notion to check out Peachtree City. However, I don't think that's quite country living, either. Though, there may be areas that are less developed.

Peachtree Citizens? Comment?

Old 04-05-2010, 10:34 PM

64 posts, read 187,413 times
You should look at Newnan ga its only 20 mins to the airport Newnan has ever store u need and every thing else

Old 04-15-2010, 01:06 PM

4 posts, read 5,199 times
Which part of Kansas City are you moving from? Which part of Kansas City do you like? I might be able to give you some answers as I grew up around Atlanta but moved to Kansas City for a year and a half for work, before I moved back. While in KC, I lived in the Plaza and then North KC for a bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or