Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2007, 12:04 PM

11 posts, read 60,069 times

Advertisements

Hi! I would really appreciate if people who live in Atlanta could answer my following questions about Buckhead.

What's the demographics?

Nightlife, restaurants, and shopping?

How's the crime rate?

How would you sum up the people who live in that area?

How's the quality of life in the area?

What's the average lifestyle?

What's the atmosphere like?

And any other information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2007, 12:10 PM

85 posts, read 586,947 times
Great thread!
We are relocating to Buckhead as well, I found cool the website from the city itselt.
Buckhead.com

It tells you all the shopping restaurants and stuff.
Read my postings as well, you may find them productive. Seems a nice place, we are relocating with kids so it does have life and good schools.
hope this helps

Old 06-06-2007, 12:13 PM

1,088 posts, read 6,340,169 times
Buckhead is a huge area so some of this stuff can vary greatly from one part to another. Buckhead is known as a the upper class, conservative part of town. There is a lot of shopping there (two very classy malls, lots of strip malls), lots of bars and restaurants. There has been a a lot of crime in the past but the local interests as well as the City of Atlanta has been doing a lot to fix up its image. There isn't much of a crime problem anymore relative to similar areas in other major cities. There are lots of massive mansions and high price condos in the area but there are also run down apartments which are filled with service workers. Residential can really range from one part to another so it depends on where you are talking about. I think Buckhead feels kind of stuck up and prefer other parts of the city but a lot of people like it so it depends on your preferences. There are many recent threads on Buckhead so do a search on Buckhead for more info.

Check this for recent threads on Buckhead: http://www.city-data.com/forum/searc...archid=1128801

Old 06-06-2007, 04:49 PM

3,972 posts, read 12,656,056 times
Buckhead is not a city, but is part of the City of ATlanta (just to claify)

Old 06-06-2007, 06:13 PM

11 posts, read 60,069 times
^^ I know. Thanks to everyone who gave me information!

Old 06-08-2007, 02:12 PM

85 posts, read 586,947 times
I've researched a lot.. to me this is the place we've found closest to our Bostonian life, lots of things to do and nightlife.

Old 11-11-2010, 02:02 PM

1 posts, read 6,308 times
Default Buckhead

I have lived in Buckhead for the last 15 years and love it. Crime is not a significant concern but as with any big city you can't be foolish.

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]<a href=”[/SIZE][/FONT][URL="http://www.toodoobuckhead.com"][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]http://www.toodoobuckhead.com[/SIZE][/FONT][/URL][SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]”>Buckhead</a>[/FONT][/SIZE]

Old 11-11-2010, 04:01 PM

2,590 posts, read 4,529,674 times
Hi! I would really appreciate if people who live in Atlanta could answer my following questions about Buckhead.

What's the demographics? It depends on what you consider Buckhead. A lot of people define it differently. Some say it starts just south of Lindberg Dr and others confine it to anywhere north of the P'tree Roswell intersection to Sandy Springs. That being said, it's pretty diverse demographically. There are a lot of hispanic immigrants on the edges near Sandy Springs. There are probably still some near the south end close to Lindberg too. A lot of young professionals(hate that term) live around the Buckhead CBD and the old money lives near W. Paces Ferry up to Mt Paran rd.

Nightlife, restaurants, and shopping? The old nightlife was wilder. I think the area is trying to attract an older more subdued crowd now. There are plenty of fancy restaurants and most of the upscale shopping in Atlanta is centered around Buckhead.

How's the crime rate?
It's fairly safe in the residential areas. I think the main problem may be an occasional robbery or carjacking at one of the malls. Even those are rare compared to the rest of the city.

How would you sum up the people who live in that area? A pretty broad range of people live there. A lot of expats from Europe seem to live near the cbd. You don't see a lot of what i'd consider working class people around there though. It's middle and upper class mainly. Of course the immigrant areas are more working class.

How's the quality of life in the area? It's fairly nice. I lived there for a while and i miss some aspects of it. The real concern is traffic but it can be avoided. Things are fairly conveniently located.

I was a broke student when i lived there but I managed fairly well. It runs the gamut from lower middle class to obscenely wealthy. You can live a fairly nice lifestyle with surprisingly little money in Buckhead.

What's the atmosphere like
? I believe it has changed a little since I've lived there(5yrs ago) but it's still fairly upscale. It's starting to fill in more in several areas which is cool. Sadly a few of my favorite institutions are no more(CJ's Landing, Brandyhouse). The wild party days are history unfortunately.

Old 11-11-2010, 06:43 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,752,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E. E. View Post

What's the demographics?

Nightlife, restaurants, and shopping?

How's the crime rate?

How would you sum up the people who live in that area?

How's the quality of life in the area?

What's the atmosphere like?

And any other information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
What's the demographics? Mostly white and young to middle 50s and rich.

Nightlife, restaurants, and shopping? Nightlife has pretty much died there since the city moved closing back to 2AM and all the clubs closed there. Restaurants are good and plentiful and shopping is good if you are rich. They have 2 malls which are Phipps Plaza for the super rich and Lenox Mall for the "poor rich"

How's the crime rate? Much lower now that the rap clubs have all been closed.

How would you sum up the people who live in that area? Snobbish but not especially bad.

How's the quality of life in the area? Pretty dam good. It is the best neighbourhood in Atlanta, City Of.

What's the average lifestyle? Money, money and more money

What's the atmosphere like? Beverly Hills or 5th Ave.

And any other information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks![/quote]

Old 11-11-2010, 07:13 PM

32,019 posts, read 36,763,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Nightlife has pretty much died there since the city moved closing back to 2AM and all the clubs closed there.
There's still tons of nightlife in Buckhead. Check out something like Yelp.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta