Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2007, 11:08 PM

2 posts, read 11,239 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone, I am relocating from NYC and I have been looking at the apartments online to find one in my budget - about 650-750 for 2 bedrooms. I'll be in Atlanta next week to check out these places in person. Problem is I've been checking the reviews on apartmentratings.com and all the ones that I'm considering have such horrible reviews. I don't know if that site is reliable or if people just make stuff up. Can anyone recommend a nice apartment complex in the atlanta area thats close to public transportation? I'll be attending GSU so I prefer something thats not too far away from school. I'll be using public transportation for a few months until I get a car so being close to public transportation is important. I don't go out much, work and school and occasionally a movie or eating out so not having a car for a few months will be OK. I just need to find a safe apartment with reasonable rent.
I appreciate any help you guys can offer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2007, 12:24 PM

279 posts, read 472,213 times
some of those bad reviews are exaggerated and posted cause the office charged them late fees etc...some people just like to complain.

i doubt you can get a 2 br. for 650-750 that is in a safe area close to gsu or a marta station. I think most good 1br apts go for 7-900 dollars.

i am familar with many apts in the NE area if you can tell me a few of the names maybe i could tell you my opinion of the area

also, see the previous post by marissa, i was looking for her and saw a very nice place named glenridge walk that is 1/2 mile from the subway station and is in a very nice safe area...they have new 1br for 680

Old 06-09-2007, 12:42 PM

1,517 posts, read 6,739,537 times
Will you be living alone and do you mind a 30 minute commute? If so, Glenridge apartments and anything near the Dunwoody Station may be worth checking out.

Old 06-09-2007, 01:26 PM

2 posts, read 11,239 times
Thanks for the replies. I don't mind a 30 minute commute at all. I've taken the subway all my life in NYC so I'm used to it, if you live in the outerboroughs of NY then 30 mins is not much at all. I would prefer to be closer to GSU but its not a must. Whats a must for me since I don't have a car yet is to be close to transportation and be in a safe environment. I can trade being close for longer commute times as long as its in a safe neighborhood and as long as I can get to the bus or train from there.

Old 06-09-2007, 01:47 PM

1,517 posts, read 6,739,537 times
I think you should look around Perimeter Mall. I'd say midtown but I lived there and I wouldn't recommend it (The Marta Station isn't very active, especially at night) for a single female. Brookhaven could be a choice...I think there's a popular Post complex (Post Glen?) that's walking distance from the Marta Station but again, not too much foot traffic at night.
If it were me (and I've lived in both Atlanta and NYC), I'd check out the Perimeter Mall area, even though it's a bit inconvenient to GSU. Feel free to PM me for more specifics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: