Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2007, 04:42 PM

1 posts, read 3,803 times

Advertisements

I don't really know what’s going on but there's some really strange things going on with rental homes in Atlanta, GA. There have been several incidences of landlords placing cameras and listening devices in their units. In fact, I know someone who worked for one place where this was done to a family and every time they left their home people where going inside. GOD only knows what they were doing in there. I was told that the people suspected something was going on but could never get anyone to help them. They later moved. So the corruption here is real and very disturbing.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/27/us/27atlanta.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2007, 05:13 PM

88 posts, read 491,231 times
Oh my gosh!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-15-2007, 05:52 PM

997 posts, read 4,643,523 times
Do you know where this was? If we couldn't find something when we sold our home we were thinking of renting until we found something.

Old 10-16-2007, 11:58 AM

11,334 posts, read 26,074,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by #2lighthouse View Post
I don't really know what’s going on but there's some really strange things going on with rental homes in Atlanta, GA. There have been several incidences of landlords placing cameras and listening devices in their units.
Wow... If a landlord were to place a hidden mike in my home it would really BUG me.

Seriously, though, that seems a little weird. Cameras on the outside of the house, cool, but on the inside?

Old 04-22-2009, 11:42 PM

1 posts, read 3,336 times
Default loganville

I don't know about Atlanta but in Loganville,I rented out a house and the Renters where horrible I am still trying to find the last one . So, I can understand listening devices, camers and whatever these people are nott to be trusted. This maybem wrong but people are not trusworthy. I have yet to find an honest person in georgia.

Old 04-23-2009, 12:50 AM

184 posts, read 511,043 times
Why bump this now?

The article linked in the OP isn't even about this issue. Unless the article has changed since this was posted, the only mention of anything related was that the police falsely claimed the house was equipped with surveillance equipment- not to monitor tenants but to give the residents warning before police broke in.

As far as landlord-installed equipment goes, I think it is a lot more common than people suspect. You can buy tiny cameras online for next to nothing and it is pretty easy to hide them in air vents, lighting fixtures, and other places where people won't find them. I guess the best thing to do is just check everything very closely when you move in.

Old 05-22-2010, 06:34 AM

1 posts, read 2,836 times
Smile need help finding affortable housing

hello every one . i need help finding apartment or room im on disab and im a lesbian i live with my sis dont want to live here forever . i need my own place .so if you could pass the word i very much appreciate it . ty so much
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: