Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2010, 09:06 PM

1 posts, read 2,064 times

Advertisements

I have had a situation that did not turn out good with veneer teeth/ crowns. I think they are supposed to last for atleast 10 years. I went to * Removed by moderator - do not name, names * and paid nearly $1000 each for 3 teeth to be replaced with crowns and less than a year my 2 front crowns broke and popped off.

He did not want to replace them until I threatened to sue. When he did replace them; removed by moderator and again in 2006; my front right broke off. I then went to him again, he bonded it back together. I did not go back to him. Then in June 2009, it popped off again. I found a new Dentist in Kennessaw, GA... * Removed by moderator - do not name names with no prior history here * I thought he did an excellent job. It looked great. He said it would not break. Now today May 03, 2010 "it broke again while eating some Popeyes Chicken"

Have anyone else had these problems with veneer teeth? Please help! I need to know a Dental School or Dentist that will volunteer to do dental work on my mouth. Can anyone help me?

Last edited by atlantagreg30127; 05-03-2010 at 09:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2010, 09:46 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,074,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawprofession View Post
I have had a situation that did not turn out good with veneer teeth/ crowns. I think they are supposed to last for atleast 10 years. I went to * Removed by moderator - do not name, names * and paid nearly $1000 each for 3 teeth to be replaced with crowns and less than a year my 2 front crowns broke and popped off.
My crowns are metal with a ceramic coating. I'd love to see one of those break. Then again, they aren't for front teeth.

However, I have a half plastic tooth in front (don't play frisbee football with an aluminum pan lid, I'm just sayin...) that lasted 25+ years. Not bad. I just had it replaced four years ago, and this one is still happy.

The dentist office I go to is expensive in some ways but does a very good job, IMO. Used to be Vinings Dental, but now are known as Dental Professionals of Vinings. I like Dr. Perez.

Old 05-03-2010, 11:43 PM

1,352 posts, read 4,373,576 times
I underwent massive dental work that lasted five months... so far so good. I paid dearly for years of neglect but my teeth are hollywood like.

A good dentist is imperative. Took a while to find somebody that is qualified and that has assistants that do good work (most overlook that part. your dentist is as good as their assistants). After months of sitting in that chair, i might as well have dated her

But i got my teeth done. I didnt even ask what it would cost - that is irrelevant.

Not going to post names and stuff because what worked for me might not work for you.... Word of mouth, consultations are your friends. If its for a filling you will get away at every office pretty much.. but more substantial things require research! Talk to clients, ask for references... talk to the staff.. Get a feel of the place

Old 05-04-2010, 03:59 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,074,740 times
You may want to check out a site like kudzu.com to see which offices near you get good reviews, etc. Make a list, and then check them out personally if you can. Cityrover is right ... the dentist is only part of the equation.

Old 05-04-2010, 06:23 PM

2,218 posts, read 4,369,560 times
I've encountered more quacks in the dental profession than anywhere else. Dentists that insist on appointments every 4 months, dentists that are adamant you have some sort of gum disease, dentists that put in fillings which only last a few years.... the list goes on. I hate most dentists anyway, and to come across these supposed professionals who sound more like used car salesmen than someone who holds a doctorate is just shocking. We were very fortunate when we moved to the Atlanta area 14 years ago to come across the best dentist I have ever known. We have gone to him religiously the entire time we've lived here. When we moved from Johns Creek to Woodstock last year my wife decided to find a dentist closer to our new home. I said "do what you want, but I will keep going to our old dentist." First checkup at the new place and she didn't even last through the cleaning. The assistant was so rude and condescending to her, telling her continuously what bad shape her teeth were in and how she was doing a terrible job taking care of them. She finally said "I want to leave now" and called our old dentist on the way to the car to make an appointment.

I will gladly make the 40 minute drive every 6 months to go see a dentist that I like and trust.

Old 05-05-2010, 07:04 AM

7 posts, read 12,379 times
I can highly recommend Dr. Ryan Friedrich. When my insurance wouldn't pay for an oral surgeon to remove my wisdom teeth, he told me they had to come out because they were moving my other teeth and he would pull them. He CLOSED his office on a Friday afternoon so his entire staff could focus on me when they did the extractions. He gave me his pager number and checked on me over the weekend throughout my recovery. When I had a migraine that lasted 5 days and my doctors were baffled, they sent me to him to check for TMJ. I puked in his office repeatedly and he was so concerned about my wellbeing that he had his staff call me at home the next day to make sure I was getting better. My GP didn't even do that!!!! If I still lived in the state of GA I'd still be going to him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: