U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 11:18 PM

1,667 posts, read 1,374,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Still smaller then the proposed / planned Septa system. But impressive ,i hope it happens....
Can I ask u one question.. Why are u so fascinated with Atlanta and it's transit system. I read the last thread on transit and half of the thread were your posts.. Why haven't you went to other regions on this forum and told them why they should model after DC and all the other transit systems.. Are u doing this just to get on someones nerves or under there skin.??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2010, 01:23 AM

12,284 posts, read 12,318,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandIke27 View Post
Can I ask u one question.. Why are u so fascinated with Atlanta and it's transit system. I read the last thread on transit and half of the thread were your posts.. Why haven't you went to other regions on this forum and told them why they should model after DC and all the other transit systems.. Are u doing this just to get on someones nerves or under there skin.??
hehe no , i love ATL......Its the Manhattan of the south with its Skyline size. I'm not really fascinated with it. Theres something that keeps attracting me to Atlanta and i don't know what it is , i guess i'll have to visit it. I have gone to almost every forum and gave my opinion on there transit projects and expansions , most of the times they use my state as an example. Due to the Jersey Transplants who live all over the country. Am i getting on you guys nerves , i didn't mean to? I'll try to ease up on the Transit bashing, and showing off.

Last edited by Nexis4Jersey; 05-11-2010 at 02:48 AM..

Old 05-11-2010, 06:09 AM

4,688 posts, read 3,067,061 times
Stop posting stupid threads!

Rail | Philly>>>Atlanta

Women, Things to Do, weather, cost of living, lifestyle, etc | Atlanta>>>Philly

Old 05-11-2010, 06:14 AM

7,652 posts, read 9,273,795 times
How can you compare the two? One is much older and made up of older railroads and transit lines, and the other was purpose built from 30 to 15 years ago.

Why can't SEPTA be SEPTA, and MARTA be MARTA? Atlanta isn't Philly, and Philly isn't Atlanta. Some people may cheer that difference, and others may lament it, but it exists, so who cares?

Old 05-11-2010, 08:52 AM

6,401 posts, read 6,220,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromGA View Post
Where can I find that map of the proposed Atlanta transit expansion? - that is, the source website. Thanks.
You can find it here at Citizen for Progressive Transit:

Citizens for Progressive Transit (CfPT) | Atlanta, Georgia

Old 05-11-2010, 09:11 AM

Quote:
hehe no , i love ATL......Its the Manhattan of the south with its Skyline size. I'm not really fascinated with it. Theres something that keeps attracting me to Atlanta and i don't know what it is , i guess i'll have to visit it. I have gone to almost every forum and gave my opinion on there transit projects and expansions , most of the times they use my state as an example. Due to the Jersey Transplants who live all over the country. Am i getting on you guys nerves , i didn't mean to? I'll try to ease up on the Transit bashing, and showing off.
It's not that.. The funny thing is.. Anytime Marta gets thrown people always talking about oh it doesn't go anywhere. They need to expand etc. But yet other major cities like Houston, Pheonix, Detroit San Diego etc none of these cities have extensive rail some don't even touch the suburbs... So Marta is fine until they expand.. Marta hits high density areas and it goes to some suburbs the ridership proves how affective Marta is... When they expand I ridership is going to shoot even higher and the density levels are going to grow also....

Old 05-11-2010, 09:22 AM

6,401 posts, read 6,220,669 times
Quote:
It's not that.. The funny thing is.. Anytime Marta gets thrown people always talking about oh it doesn't go anywhere. They need to expand etc. But yet other major cities like Houston, Pheonix, Detroit San Diego etc none of these cities have extensive rail some don't even touch the suburbs... So Marta is fine until they expand.. Marta hits high density areas and it goes to some suburbs the ridership proves how affective Marta is... When they expand I ridership is going to shoot even higher and the density levels are going to grow also....

LOL! Exactly. MARTA sucks so bad it has 250,000 subway riders and 230,000 bus riders every day.

If you want to see some bad transit numbers, look at Miami or Baltimore.

http://www.apta.com/resources/statis...rship_APTA.pdf

Old 05-11-2010, 03:23 PM

12,284 posts, read 12,318,274 times
Quote:
That wasn't a Fair fight , Detriot? Houston & Phoenix just started there systems , San Diego has lines that go into the suburbs......jeeez

Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
LOL! Exactly. MARTA sucks so bad it has 250,000 subway riders and 230,000 bus riders every day.

If you want to see some bad transit numbers, look at Miami or Baltimore.

http://www.apta.com/resources/statis...rship_APTA.pdf
Orly , Baltimore will get 2 key Extensions before you guys , i'm sorry to say that but its the truth and Miami seems to be going that direction Aswell. 470,000 is terrible for a city of Atlanta's size , embarrassing. It should be around 600,000+ About 460,000 people daily use the Northeast Corridor line & 1,200 trains. When Atlanta gets something like this , then call me....

YouTube - SB Bi-Level Express

or this

YouTube - NJ Transit ALP-46 #4624 leaving Little Silver NJ

or this

YouTube - NJ Transit ALP-44M #4428 at Little Silver NJ

one day i hope that Atlanta has a station like this.

YouTube - Amtrak & NJ Transit in Newark Penn Station Feb 2010

Old 05-11-2010, 03:27 PM

2,127 posts, read 2,026,862 times
This is like asking "Which is better: South Africa or the United States?"

SEPTA.... and it's not even close.

Old 05-11-2010, 03:46 PM

Quote:
That wasn't a Fair fight , Detriot? Houston & Phoenix just started there systems , San Diego has lines that go into the suburbs......jeeez

Orly , Baltimore will get 2 key Extensions before you guys , i'm sorry to say that but its the truth and Miami seems to be going that direction Aswell. 470,000 is terrible for a city of Atlanta's size , embarrassing. It should be around 600,000+ About 460,000 people daily use the Northeast Corridor line & 1,200 trains. When Atlanta gets something like this , then call me....

YouTube - SB Bi-Level Express

or this

YouTube - NJ Transit ALP-46 #4624 leaving Little Silver NJ

or this

YouTube - NJ Transit ALP-44M #4428 at Little Silver NJ

one day i hope that Atlanta has a station like this.

YouTube - Amtrak & NJ Transit in Newark Penn Station Feb 2010

Lets start with our ABC's Shall we

A. Why do we need to call you??

B. No one asked for your advice on how Atlanta should model its system

C.Who are you the regional transit coordinator..

D. Its not an embarrassment we have the most used system in the South

E. We are 8th or 9th most used system, in America

D. Those cities I named are bigger or almost same size in Atlanta and there systems or no where as extensive as Atlanta. I think you are really over doing it with all these videos and what nots on how Atlanta should be..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta