U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2010, 05:02 PM

873 posts, read 1,351,432 times

Advertisements

I'm just curious as I am planning a move to the area in 2011. I am looking for liberal areas that have people around the 22-30 age range. I plan to live in the Vinings area, but I also heard the perimeter mall area has people that are around my age(24,25). but im also a rather liberal, open minded individual so i want to know what areas I can look to hang out or maybe live in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2010, 06:02 PM

8,862 posts, read 14,799,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by futureATLien View Post
I'm just curious as I am planning a move to the area in 2011. I am looking for liberal areas that have people around the 22-30 age range. I plan to live in the Vinings area, but I also heard the perimeter mall area has people that are around my age(24,25). but im also a rather liberal, open minded individual so i want to know what areas I can look to hang out or maybe live in?

Apt or house or condo?

Contact ProMove Apt Locator Service>>
Apartments for Rent - Apartment Locator Service | PROMOVE.com

Honestly--you have so many choices it would be too time consuming to list them all.
Midtown--the young professionals congregate in Midtown.
http://www.atlanta-midtown.com/

Old 05-12-2010, 06:03 PM

719 posts, read 1,474,143 times
Quote:
I might start looking along the corridor between the campus of Emory University in the Druid Hills area and Decatur, say along North Decatur Road between Clairmont Rd and Scott Blvd. But further in either direction on this road might also be suitable. There are lots of options meeting your descriptions along this route.

Old 05-12-2010, 07:26 PM

1,432 posts, read 4,345,374 times
Quote:
If you're open-minded, why would you choose to only surround yourself with people your own age, politics, and demographic?

Old 05-13-2010, 12:32 PM

873 posts, read 1,351,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioNative View Post
If you're open-minded, why would you choose to only surround yourself with people your own age, politics, and demographic?
I wasn't saying I wanted to surround myself with people like me, I was asking where they hang out so I know where to look. Plus if I'm liberal, why would I want to be around conservative individuals. Thats a disaster
waiting to happen

Old 05-13-2010, 01:14 PM

8,862 posts, read 14,799,455 times
Quote:
I wasn't saying I wanted to surround myself with people like me, I was asking where they hang out so I know where to look. Plus if I'm liberal, why would I want to be around conservative individuals. Thats a disaster
waiting to happen

Well--regardless of political affiliations we mix and mingle in metro Atlanta. Politics--a part of life--but hopefully we can see the forest for the trees.lol--go to Midtown--lots of trees there as well as a progressive vibe.
http://eventful.com/atlanta/events/this-weekend

Last edited by TakeAhike; 05-13-2010 at 01:26 PM..

Old 05-13-2010, 08:02 PM

1,320 posts, read 3,811,059 times
Emory Village, Virginia-Highland, Candler Park, Midtown, Inman Park, City of Decatur, Midtown West
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or