U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-19-2010, 04:00 PM
 
Location: Tyrone, GA
126 posts, read 184,474 times
Reputation: 53

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
Yes, of course I said that carrying a gun in such places is ridiculous. The places themselves aren't.

I just can't figure out how you've needed a gun in so many instances. I've lived for over 40 years in places all over the world and have NEVER wished I had a gun for any reason. I think someone is being a little over dramatic about life in general.
you've never been a victim, congrats...

you actually believe violent crimes do not exist in safe places?
sheep...

-a|ex
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-19-2010, 04:08 PM
 
Location: Tyrone, GA
126 posts, read 184,474 times
Reputation: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
Gun ownership is fine with me, but I don't see the point in carrying one in
another contradiction.

it's okay to believe in that. just don't contradict yourself. for you, gun ownership is not fine. you even said so...

for once i just want an anti-gun person to just tell me their true feelings. just say guns are evil and people that carry them in public places are insane. you see, i can't argue against that because i use reasoning and they don't.

-a|ex
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2010, 04:10 PM
 
Location: On the Rails in Northern NJ
12,381 posts, read 22,650,231 times
Reputation: 4504
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
Ummm...the "wackjobs" that create mass casualty events don't normally abide by gun laws anyway, so your point is moot. Having a law forbidding the carry of guns in airports, train stations, etc., isn't going to stop someone who is intent on committing a crime from doing so, though the thought that many of the people in the facility may be carrying can act as a deterent. Why do you think Florida's crime rates have consistently dropped since they started allowing concealed carry??

And what "good security" are you talking about on mass transit and in malls?? There's rarely, if ever any security on a train, and the unarmed rent-a-cops at the mall aren't exactly major crime deterrents.....
Bob , i love you when you attack my views & Transit here & most of the region has very good security since you left New Jersey we have turned into a Police state , there are cameras and cops everywhere. Maybe its time you guys down there follow suit.

Last edited by DarkWolf; 05-19-2010 at 05:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2010, 05:31 PM
 
705 posts, read 917,627 times
Reputation: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
Yes, of course I said that carrying a gun in such places is ridiculous. The places themselves aren't.

I just can't figure out how you've needed a gun in so many instances. I've lived for over 40 years in places all over the world and have NEVER wished I had a gun for any reason. I think someone is being a little over dramatic about life in general.
OK, what "someone" are you referring to as being a litte over-dramatic, if you mean me I'd be glad to tell you about each and every encounter, without any editorial drama or embelishment. Just the facts. I think someone is being very closed-mnded and again, short-sighted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2010, 05:35 PM
 
Location: Marietta, GA
7,844 posts, read 14,527,425 times
Reputation: 3484
Quote:
Originally Posted by a|ex View Post
constant gun violence here in GA? but didn't you just say hatsfield airport is crime free? please make up your mind.
You twist my words....is Hartsfield the entire state? No.

Do you watch the news? Shootings upon shootings in this state. When you move here from somewhere like MA where there are very few shootings, it can be startling.

Look, some of you are just convinced that arming every citizen to the teeth is a suitable and viable solution, despite little evidence that shows it works, and there is absolutely no fact, no argument, and no common sense that will change your mind.

Enjoy the thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2010, 05:53 PM
 
Location: Tyrone, GA
126 posts, read 184,474 times
Reputation: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
You twist my words....is Hartsfield the entire state? No.

Do you watch the news? Shootings upon shootings in this state. When you move here from somewhere like MA where there are very few shootings, it can be startling.

Look, some of you are just convinced that arming every citizen to the teeth is a suitable and viable solution, despite little evidence that shows it works, and there is absolutely no fact, no argument, and no common sense that will change your mind.

Enjoy the thread.
it's gona be hard to convince victims of violent crimes not to pursue their 2nd amendment rights... i don't watch tv, so i'm not aware of what the media flavour of the month is. but i do frequent the CDC and FBI data bases. yes, GA has more crime than MA, but it's not an alarming amount of crime as you say the media puts it.

which is more reliable? media or factual data bases.. that was rhetorical. there are parts of GA with zero gun deaths and there are parts of MA with more gun deaths. so don't preach about how safe MA is.

i will twist your words if you can't be honest with yourself. just admit that you hate guns and that people who carry in public are insane. this is the anti-gun sentiment that i used to believe in.

what will change my mind is a psychological study which proves that gun ownership causes a chemical imbalance in the brain which leads that owner to become irresponsible.

-a|ex
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2010, 06:05 PM
 
705 posts, read 917,627 times
Reputation: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
You twist my words....is Hartsfield the entire state? No.

Do you watch the news? Shootings upon shootings in this state. When you move here from somewhere like MA where there are very few shootings, it can be startling.

Look, some of you are just convinced that arming every citizen to the teeth is a suitable and viable solution, despite little evidence that shows it works, and there is absolutely no fact, no argument, and no common sense that will change your mind.

Enjoy the thread.

Again, I'm at a loss reading this response. "Look, some of you are just convinced that arming every citizen to the teeth is a suitable and viable solution, despite little evidence that shows it works, and there is absolutely no fact, no argument, and no common sense that will change your mind."

I'm trying to find a place to start.........no one said anything about arming everyone to the teeth. It seems every time a gun control advocate speaks they use exagerated rhetoric that has absolutely no application to the matter at hand.

Little evidence, again I suggest John Lott's book, or do some internet research, or talk to a few other cops, ones that will shoot straight, metaphorically.

Common sense that will change our minds...HMMMM....I'm gleaning little common sense from your words. I would respond with; walk a mile in my shoes. I have very good reasons and experiences as a basis for my opinoins and choices. The choices I make work for me. They might not and probably don't work for you. And that is the point and the issue. What works for some will not work for others.

If you choose not to arm yourself, OK, cool, no problem. But unless I or someone else puts you in harms way, how in the h*ll is it yours or anyone elses place to tell me or someone else that we can't make a choice to stay safe. That's the problem with most gun control advocates. They want their views and mandates adhered to by everyone. Well, not everyone shares those views.

While I have nothing but respect for your opinion, you are way out in left field with some of your observations.

Last edited by axemanjoe; 05-19-2010 at 06:15 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2010, 06:29 PM
 
7,848 posts, read 17,820,121 times
Reputation: 2762
Quote:
Originally Posted by axemanjoe View Post
OK, what "someone" are you referring to as being a litte over-dramatic, if you mean me I'd be glad to tell you about each and every encounter, without any editorial drama or embelishment. Just the facts. I think someone is being very closed-mnded and again, short-sighted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by axemanjoe View Post
you've never been a victim, congrats...

you actually believe violent crimes do not exist in safe places?
sheep...

-a|ex
I guess you liked my post so much you felt you needed to respond twice...okay then.

My friend, you have lived a rough and tumble life if you've needed to have a gun THAT many times in your few short years. You have my sympathies...and I would suggest using some caution regarding the choices you make.

I am far from closed-minded, but that's neither here nor there. The issue is carrying a gun in a non-gun area such as an airport - and I certainly would not be in favor of someone like you going around armed. You seem a little short-fused, and that combination is a shooting just itching to happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2010, 06:46 PM
 
705 posts, read 917,627 times
Reputation: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
I guess you liked my post so much you felt you needed to respond twice...okay then.

My friend, you have lived a rough and tumble life if you've needed to have a gun THAT many times in your few short years. You have my sympathies...and I would suggest using some caution regarding the choices you make.

I am far from closed-minded, but that's neither here nor there. The issue is carrying a gun in a non-gun area such as an airport - and I certainly would not be in favor of someone like you going around armed. You seem a little short-fused, and that combination is a shooting just itching to happen.
OH my gosh, now according to you I have lived "a few short years" and I have a "short fuse" PULL-EZE. Fella, I'm 54 and if you infer a short fuse from my posts then I'm truly sorry for you.

Back to the topic. Bottom line, is if some one is allowed to carry in one place what's the difference of carrying it in another place. The whole idea is to allow self protection. Now if you think crime and criminals are specific to certain places which do not include airports and bars and malls then again, I'd have to say you are being short-sighted. Or is my choice of words indicative of any irascibility, or am I sounding too hot-headed. On that note I'll "retire to bedlam," to quote Dickens.

More info here;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_YTM...A&feature=grec
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2010, 06:56 PM
 
7,848 posts, read 17,820,121 times
Reputation: 2762
Quote:
Originally Posted by axemanjoe View Post
OH my gosh, now according to you I have lived "a few short years" and I have a "short fuse" PULL-EZE. Fella, I'm 54 and if you infer a short fuse from my posts then I'm truly sorry for you.

Back to the topic. Bottom line, is if some one is allowed to carry in one place what's the difference of carrying it in another place. The whole idea is to allow self protection. Now if you think crime and criminals are specific to certain places which do not include airports and bars and malls then again, I'd have to say you are being short-sighted. Or is my choice of words indicative of any irascibility, or am I sounding too hot-headed. On that note I'll "retire to bedlam," to quote Dickens.
Oh okay...sorry, I made some assumptions from reading your posts. Don't be sorry for ME - it's just the way your words come across.

Locust Grove must have pretty significant crime for anyone to be this afraid to appear in public without a gun. Again, I would review the choices I've made if I had to live my life in constant fear of being attacked.

Good day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top