U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2010, 08:28 PM

11 posts, read 25,493 times

Advertisements

Caporiea, Takeahike, Rakensack RoslynHolcomb,

Thank you for the information on the hiking trails. I realize I will not be alone. I promise to stay on the trails and police any litter I may or may not generate. As per relocating, I realize that I can't have everything and the important thing is that I have a job that pays enough to feed, clothe and put a roof over my family. Again thank you for the great links and input.

IROBOT
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2010, 08:58 PM

25 posts, read 43,264 times
I don't know anything about Duluth, however we moved to Dunwoody almost 4 years ago from Orange County, CA. You've mentioned schools are important to you and you need to do some research on the schools here. I would much rather have my kids in the OC schools we were zoned for than our public school here. Also, Dunwoody schools are possibly going to be rezoned (again) in the '11-'12 school year. Schools are way overcrowded, kids get one recess, lunch starts at 10 a.m., the school year starts Aug. 9th this year, the air conditioning is sub par and with the heat and humidity here - the classrooms are unbearable.

Yes, most homes here are big and on big lots. Keep in mind it costs a lot to maintain - not everything is cheaper in Georgia.

Best of luck to you!

Old 05-19-2010, 07:28 AM

109 posts, read 335,561 times
Roswell's Department of recreation offerings are expansive. You can download their brochure from their website. There are some private companies that offer after school programs at area schools that include lego robotics, CSI, art drawing, chess, gymnastics and what not. Georgia state offers weekend enrichment classes to children who are classified as gifted. Dunwoody has an art center with tons of classes. John's Creek has an art center but with no where near the number of classes as Dunwoody. The Baptist Church in Dunwoody has many athletic programs including a fitness center with indoor saline pool. A good place to find activities for your kids is Atlanta parent. Some schools in the Atlanta area have science olympiad which is a fabulous program.

Old 05-19-2010, 11:13 AM

11 posts, read 25,493 times
208Happystreet,

Thank you for the informative post. I checked out Roswell via the net, and it looks like a great place. Unfortunatly it is just a wee bit too far north. I have learned that going South on 400 can be a pain in the mornings. I actually was looking at doing a combo car / Marta hop. That would be pushing the comute into an hour a bit less. Of course 30 minutes of that would be on Marta, and in theory I would be able to crack open the laptop or read to prep for the day's work. If the schools are fair enough in Dunwoody my wife and I will limit our search to that area. Lastly, I found a lost elementary school mate who lives in John's Creek. His daughter is enrolled in private school, but he still likes the area. Again thank you. After doing some assisted research, I find GA to quite nice. Of course I haven't had to deal with the heat and humitity yet, but on paper GA looks as sweet as a peach.

IROBOT
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or