Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2007, 02:07 PM

63 posts, read 282,295 times

Advertisements

I have been looking for a home (with a garage) to rent in the Atlanta area. Many people have said to look in the North Atlanta area but am not really sure of the exact areas where crime is low. How far is Stone Mountain from Atlanta? it looks far on the map, so I don't know how long it will actually take, considering traffic, etc.

My boyfriend, who will be moving with me, owns a motorcycle and we love our privacy. Any other places come to mind?

Is there a popular website in the Atlanta area to locate homes for rent? I have looked on rentlist.net as well as Craig's List but have found homes in less desirable areas. Any ideas would be VERY helpful in my search.

I wouldn't mind a half-hour to an hour commute each way, but I'd prefer NOT to drive a long way to get to work. Any suggestions??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2007, 02:23 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,288,075 times
Stone Mountain is 15 to 20 miles from Atlanta, I think.

You could consider Tucker, too. It's between Decatur and Stone Mountain. It's 12 miles from downtown and is safe.

Old 06-19-2007, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
Stone Mountain is 15 to 20 miles from Atlanta, I think.

You could consider Tucker, too. It's between Decatur and Stone Mountain. It's 12 miles from downtown and is safe.
Thanks a lot for the input. Does anyone else have any suggestions? I am moving July 20th with all my things and NEED to find a place to live ASAP.

Old 06-19-2007, 05:26 PM

16 posts, read 74,252 times
Default july 14th

us too, us too!
We are moving July 14th so our last day of work in Arizona will be Friday the 13th!! Good Luck with everything....We are scared silly!!

Old 06-19-2007, 06:25 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,477,939 times
Default Have you tried AJC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortcut2k View Post
Thanks a lot for the input. Does anyone else have any suggestions? I am moving July 20th with all my things and NEED to find a place to live ASAP.
AJC=Atlanta Journal & Constitution--local paper
ajc.com | Atlanta Journal-Constitution
and you can Google--

I don't know what you might find but it's worth a look.

Tucker would be a good place to look--the Brockett Rd/Lawrenceville Hwy/Chamblee Tucker area. 50's-70's homes in most subdivisions.
(Before you get to Stone Mt)

Just beyond Stone Mt --maybe 3/4 miles is Snellville--you could look there.

It would probably take 45 minutes/allowing for steady traffic from Snellville.

Beyond Snellville --you could try Loganville or Grayson.

sls

Old 06-19-2007, 08:39 PM

Smile Good luck to you too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seacook View Post
us too, us too!
We are moving July 14th so our last day of work in Arizona will be Friday the 13th!! Good Luck with everything....We are scared silly!!
Wow--so I'm not the only crazy person who's picking up and moving across the country!??! Good luck to you too!!

Old 06-20-2007, 06:35 AM

88 posts, read 491,231 times
Try craigslist.com, it is really full of informative info. That is where we found our rental home.

Old 06-27-2007, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroule View Post
Try craigslist.com, it is really full of informative info. That is where we found our rental home.
Did you have a good experience with CraigsList? In what area did you decide to live? I will be working in Midtown, so I am looking in Decatur, Smyrna, Vinings, etc. Something near Atlanta.

Good luck with your move!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta