U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 08:20 PM

3,463 posts, read 4,121,140 times

Advertisements

Awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorDude View Post
Atlanta is a teeming hive of scum and villainy. It's not South Central, L.A., but you will see spectacular crime stories occuring throughout the metro area. Nice neighborhoods are not immune because hoodlums have cars. If you move too far out, you get into banjo people and deliverance stuff. Atlanta has downtown African-American urban crime, suburban Hispanic/Asian gang crime, and in outlying areas "Deliverance" redneck/hillbilly crime. If you move to Atlanta, just use basic common sense - alarms, locks, a dog, don't flash cash, don't jog in remote wooded areas, don't gas up in sketchy areas, use the ATM during the day, don't leave anything of any value visible in your car, etc.

However, Atlanta does have a lot to offer, a lot of amenities, sports teams, shopping, and a lot of excitement. We miss Ikea. We miss the Varsity. We miss Bass Pro Shop. We miss the availability of the Aquarium, the High Museum, and the World of Coke. We miss NASCAR races. We even miss seeing the rappers and athletes in Bentleys and Aston-Martins. We would move back to Atlanta in a heartbeat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2010, 10:54 PM

3,129 posts, read 5,152,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antwuan View Post
I know this kinda messed up because im from Atlanta and I don't know how to go into detail with this question or like answer the question.

But someone IM me this question. Does ATL have 2 different Hood Sections that are connected, are the same but different? You know how Harlem and Bronx are the same but different and BK and QB are connected.
Atlanta's Projects are freaking million dollar condos compared to QB and other NY projects. Its not even close.

Old 10-25-2010, 01:39 PM

11,319 posts, read 21,929,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorDude View Post
Atlanta is a teeming hive of scum and villainy
LOL! Such drama! You make Atlanta sound like the beginning of a Batman comic.
Not a Star Wars fan?

Old 10-25-2010, 09:30 PM

439 posts, read 698,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YBF View Post
LMAO I know my friends and I were having this conversation recently. Up in the camp creek area you have these brand new beautiful house and then you will see old abandoned houses next door or down the street. Its very weird because Most of the time either an area is bad or maybe even a street but Ive never seen the hood and the NICE areas so close together. Then you wonder why their is crime.
LOL! In the same area you have a decent wine shop and the most ghetto Family Dollar one block down.

Old 10-26-2010, 04:11 AM

106 posts, read 191,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expensivetaste12 View Post
The closest thing I can come up with is the difference between the 'hoods' in North Atlanta and South Atlanta. North Atlanta has more gang banging and the South has more drug dealing, generally speaking, the South is worse, because the poverty rate is so high. These are really the only two major 'hood' areas, but they are like two completely different worlds.
Actually, you got it completely backwards. In the North Atlanta area, your less likely to be shot. More transactions take place. Down in S. Atlanta, your more likely to be shot. More transactions take place. Yes they do have their differences I've noticed growing up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or