U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-17-2010, 12:59 AM
 
Location: Decatur, GA
160 posts, read 591,318 times
Reputation: 78

Advertisements

I know this kinda messed up because im from Atlanta and I don't know how to go into detail with this question or like answer the question.

But someone IM me this question. Does ATL have 2 different Hood Sections that are connected, are the same but different? You know how Harlem and Bronx are the same but different and BK and QB are connected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-17-2010, 07:22 AM
 
12,928 posts, read 21,014,421 times
Reputation: 4088
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antwuan View Post
I know this kinda messed up because im from Atlanta and I don't know how to go into detail with this question or like answer the question.

But someone IM me this question. Does ATL have 2 different Hood Sections that are connected, are the same but different? You know how Harlem and Bronx are the same but different and BK and QB are connected.





Atlanta is not like a "Northern" city in this sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2010, 01:45 PM
YBF
 
Location: Atlanta, Ga
1,260 posts, read 2,924,549 times
Reputation: 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antwuan View Post
I know this kinda messed up because im from Atlanta and I don't know how to go into detail with this question or like answer the question.

But someone IM me this question. Does ATL have 2 different Hood Sections that are connected, are the same but different? You know how Harlem and Bronx are the same but different and BK and QB are connected.
if they are different how are they the same. Do you mean next to each other(connected? On one side of the street you can be in Queens and the other Brooklyn?



Oh and QB stands for Queens Bridge a PJs in Queens not for Queens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2010, 04:06 PM
 
802 posts, read 903,723 times
Reputation: 308
The question is.....confusing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2010, 04:26 PM
 
Location: 30080
2,124 posts, read 3,396,445 times
Reputation: 1461
Umm..... blank stare
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2010, 02:44 AM
 
Location: Beautiful Buckhead
128 posts, read 159,734 times
Reputation: 96
Atl is funny. You can have a subdivision of nice homes, the hood, some projects, a forest, a farm, a horse ranch, a mall, million-dollar homes, a trap house (that is, a drug house for those that arent familiar with urban dialect lol), a strip club, and a church.......ALL ON THE SAME STREET!!!!

All this well within the city and not less than 2 miles from I-20 lmao..........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2010, 07:29 AM
 
Location: Atlanta
3,463 posts, read 4,118,630 times
Reputation: 2162
I wish I could answer this. When you say "hood" are you simply meaning a typical black neighbohood, or are you talking about the projects? Because there are plenty of black neighborhoods in Metro Atlanta & the outlying counties that are located right across from each other & usually are only seperated by a main road.

Maybe you should flesh this question out little more, because you seem to be leaving the intended audience wanting for minutia. Just sayin', I guess...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antwuan View Post
I know this kinda messed up because im from Atlanta and I don't know how to go into detail with this question or like answer the question.

But someone IM me this question. Does ATL have 2 different Hood Sections that are connected, are the same but different? You know how Harlem and Bronx are the same but different and BK and QB are connected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2010, 09:14 AM
 
281 posts, read 519,720 times
Reputation: 197
Basically anything south of I-20 is considered the hood. There are other areas like the Fourth Ward where all the males wear white T-shirts and baggy pants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2010, 11:14 AM
 
Location: 30080
2,124 posts, read 3,396,445 times
Reputation: 1461
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvez View Post
Basically anything south of I-20 is considered the hood. There are other areas like the Fourth Ward where all the males wear white T-shirts and baggy pants.
Ok so cascade is the hood? The new development on camp creek is the hood? Anything near and around the airport is the hood? Hell out of here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2010, 07:26 PM
YBF
 
Location: Atlanta, Ga
1,260 posts, read 2,924,549 times
Reputation: 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellomrwest View Post
Atl is funny. You can have a subdivision of nice homes, the hood, some projects, a forest, a farm, a horse ranch, a mall, million-dollar homes, a trap house (that is, a drug house for those that arent familiar with urban dialect lol), a strip club, and a church.......ALL ON THE SAME STREET!!!!

All this well within the city and not less than 2 miles from I-20 lmao..........
LMAO I know my friends and I were having this conversation recently. Up in the camp creek area you have these brand new beautiful house and then you will see old abandoned houses next door or down the street. Its very weird because Most of the time either an area is bad or maybe even a street but Ive never seen the hood and the NICE areas so close together. Then you wonder why their is crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top