U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 04:01 PM

2,047 posts, read 3,886,927 times

Advertisements

Dang, usually I'm better than this. Fell for the troll bait. Sorry folks.

Old 05-17-2010, 04:42 PM

9 posts, read 8,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoslynHolcomb View Post
Dang, usually I'm better than this. Fell for the troll bait. Sorry folks.

First off i am not a troll. I was asking about the women only because what i have heard about them from people. It is on the new women can't find men. But for those that want to know me and some friends robbed a liquor house. just so happens the police where watch the house and i got changed with a robbery and got 10 years and 5 years suspended so i got 5 years. But like i said i am not trying to get the best job just trying to get a new start on life and being home is not good because i am in the same area that i grew up in.

Old 05-17-2010, 04:53 PM

13 posts, read 29,207 times
BLak12, why are you explaining what your crime was, or why your not this or that? You did your time, now move on...who cares if your a troll or not lol? I mean, I'm kind of laughing right now, but seriously, if you just need something for right now maybe try a restaurant job to start. For sure one of them will hire you. Ya, it sucks ass to work at a restaurant but if you play your cards right, you might find a decent one. Someone will give you a chance, as I stated earlier. Word to the wise, screw what people think of you, screw even thinking about chicks right now, and get ready to work on your life!

Old 05-17-2010, 05:02 PM

9 posts, read 8,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by josiegirl31 View Post
BLak12, why are you explaining what your crime was, or why your not this or that? You did your time, now move on...who cares if your a troll or not lol? I mean, I'm kind of laughing right now, but seriously, if you just need something for right now maybe try a restaurant job to start. For sure one of them will hire you. Ya, it sucks ass to work at a restaurant but if you play your cards right, you might find a decent one. Someone will give you a chance, as I stated earlier. Word to the wise, screw what people think of you, screw even thinking about chicks right now, and get ready to work on your life!
Well i am still young and women are very important. one of the reason i am picking Atlanta to come to.

Old 05-17-2010, 05:19 PM

11,991 posts, read 10,839,066 times
Straight up man. sacrifice the girl and get yourself fiscally inclined. My original question. Was that lost on you?

Old 05-17-2010, 05:20 PM

Lol ok! I am a woman and not trying to knock you, but just be careful. I learned in life to focus first, men second. The opposite sex can sometimes cloud our minds, while trying to be focused with our goals.....My humble opinion

Old 05-17-2010, 05:27 PM

One more thing....when I was younger, my focus was in this stuff, and in this order:
Men, My hair, clubbing, school, work, then money! haha! Then when I finally decided to grow up, in my 30's, I drastically changed my game plan. Once I got focused, work, getting out of debt, getting back in school, not being around what I call toxic people, and getting myself together, is what has helped me in the end, and the boyfriend just came without much effort The fake ass friends, the men, and worrying about bull**** held me back in life. Yes you are young, but that doesn't mean you HAVE to worry about women right now. You just got out of jail man......****in FOCUS!

I reccomend getting tunnel vision, for real

Old 05-17-2010, 05:58 PM

263 posts, read 944,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLak12 View Post
Well i am still young and women are very important. one of the reason i am picking Atlanta to come to.
Is it women that are important or s3x that is important? I assume that you came out of jail with both hands intact. Let them continue to serve you well. The little head will lead you into problems if you let it. You have other fish to fry right now. Don't baptize yourself in unnecessary drama. You really don't need that.

You are getting some good advice as well as some good questions. I will repeat some of those questions:

What is your work history pre-jail?

What are your skills?

What are your interests?

Did you do any studies in jail?

What if any work did you do in jail? My brother worked on a slaughterhouse production line when he was in a state penitentiary (he was a juvenile offender and went into trustee status after a while behind the walls). After he came out, he skinned cows in a meat processing plant for a while. Took the jobs he could get when he was ready to move on. He went on to work as an iron worker and later still doing aluminum enclosures (which he still calls "baby iron") in business for himself. He says that prison saved his life.

Rule 1: Don't lie about your conviction on a job application. It's too easy to find out the truth.

Rule 2: You don't need to tell everyone you meet about your conviction. There is a difference between telling a lie and not telling everything that you know.

Rule 3: Geographic therapy is only effective if you hook up with a different crowd when you get to your destination. Wherever you go, you need a support circle when you land - as soon as you land. That might be an AA group, a church, or a club of some kind. But you don't need to find yourself lonely in a strange city. That's a recipe for trouble.

You are obviously bright and capable. I'm rooting for you!

G
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or