U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 03:22 AM

9 posts, read 8,220 times

Advertisements

Just getting out of jail after doing 5 years in va. But i feel that being in my home state i will be back in jail because of the people i know. So what community college are in the area? And jobs

Old 05-17-2010, 09:27 AM

50 posts, read 110,767 times
I think a fresh start in a new state and away from bad influences is a good idea and can be a great way to make a new start. I know there is Perimeter and Dekalb community college. All the best to you.

Old 05-17-2010, 01:16 PM

9 posts, read 8,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roterjo View Post
I think a fresh start in a new state and away from bad influences is a good idea and can be a great way to make a new start. I know there is Perimeter and Dekalb community college. All the best to you.

thanks i will look into it. How are the women i am hearing that some of them are stuck up or real ghetto.

Old 05-17-2010, 01:22 PM

9,124 posts, read 32,110,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLak12 View Post
thanks i will look into it. How are the women i am hearing that some of them are stuck up or real ghetto.
Yup- some of them are real stuck up, and some of them are real ghetto- and some of them are both. Then there's a whole bunch that aren't either.....

Old 05-17-2010, 01:35 PM

4,688 posts, read 6,405,918 times
Try the Army

Old 05-17-2010, 01:38 PM

826 posts, read 2,734,550 times
This will not end well

Old 05-17-2010, 01:41 PM

11,970 posts, read 10,769,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLak12 View Post
Just getting out of jail after doing 5 years in va. But i feel that being in my home state i will be back in jail because of the people i know. So what community college are in the area? And jobs
Do you have any existing skills, hobbies or interests?

Old 05-17-2010, 01:59 PM

2,047 posts, read 3,875,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
Try the Army
Hmmm, I'm don't think so. If he actually did five years he was probably sentenced to something like fifteen (or more, typically you do a third). And he sounds fairly young, under 25 at least when the crime was committed. Thus, it was either a drug crime, or some serious violence possibly with a gun or weapon of some type involved. With those strikes against him I don't think the military is a good option. They will take some felons, but not violent or drug ones. Same reason I wouldn't suggest Job Corps (presuming he's under their 24 yo cut-off limit.)

I can understand wanting to get out of your home state, but I'm not sure Atlanta is the best choice for a young convicted felon either. It's going to be very hard to find a job. Competition is fierce here and no one is going to hire a convicted felon when they have so many more attractive options available to them. As for school depending on your status you might not qualify for federal aid student loans, either. Young, unemployed in a city that rolls fast like this one, and you're asking for trouble.

You might want to look into smaller towns, if you have relatives somewhere a little more isolated and off the beaten track. Some of those small towns have community colleges and of course, with the internet you can do distance learning as well.

Old 05-17-2010, 02:45 PM

13 posts, read 29,152 times
Every city and every state in the united states of america have ghetto and or stuck up women! It is up to you to weed out the good women from the bad. If you are just ending a jail sentence, trying to find a woman should be near the last thing on your list! You need to be focused on staying away from the bad influences that got you in trouble in the first place, looking for some type of legit work, school is a great start, and as one person mentioned, why not try the service? Btw, every city and every state in america also has amazing, educated, humble women to meet. It was silly for you to even make that comment! hahaha

Old 05-17-2010, 02:52 PM

13 posts, read 29,152 times
Lol I just read the above post! Blak12, you need to stay as positive as possible. Someone will hire you. There will always be person willing to give you a second chance. I would try some warehouse or factories. I know a guy who has a warehouse job and has been in trouble way too much in the past, but he was given a chance and has a decent job with benefits. Don't let anyone tell you that there is no jobs for you because of a conviction. The whole damn city is hiring illegal immigrants left and right, so why not you? :-) I mean that in the nicest way possible! and what would moving to another city do? Crime and dumb ass people live all over the states. Running will not exactly help. I say face this problem and push yourself for a better life! Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or