U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 08:38 AM

5 posts, read 10,438 times

Advertisements

HI! It is downtown Atlanta - he has a flexible schedule and is an early bird, already used to a 1 hour commute to Boston now! So, he would be gone from the house before 6.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2013, 09:59 AM

119 posts, read 169,130 times
Jobs in Fayetteville and other surrounding towns pay next to nothing. Unless you can make it on minimum wage then I would look for a job in the city. As for the comute I did it for two years. The comute wasn't bad but getting to HWY 74 and onto the expressway was a total nightmare!! If your hubby leaves before 6 he will be fine. 6:30 and after he will have trouble getting in the expressway. Other than that Peachtree City is a lovely place to live...,

Old 02-17-2013, 02:47 PM

Thank you! I didn't consider Atlanta as so many forums state don't bother there isn't any work! My income would be supplemental. But I do need to work How about Decatur? That seems promising!

Thanks for your input - it is appreciated!

Old 02-17-2013, 04:35 PM

119 posts, read 169,130 times
There are jobs in Atlanta.. You have to have good contacts and be willing to work. Atlanta pays more than Fayetteville too. Decatur is nice and you will be close to the city but it's kinda expensive. It depends on if you want a house or an apartment though. Just keep your options open!

Old 02-17-2013, 08:28 PM

Thanks again! all sounds good - except the contacts! Being from the northeast I won't have any of those. But maybe thru my husbands work - you never know Willing to work is my middle name - lol. I have never burned a bridge from the east to the west.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or