U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-02-2010, 01:27 AM

2,250 posts, read 1,851,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
I was talking about afonega1 with the energy comment, so it's not false.
But you were responding to me mentioning it as if we were the same person, You can't say everytime that statement is was false.
Quote:
As far as the medical things go, you should go dig up the old Houston vs Atlanta threads, because a lot of that was debunked. Biotech and nanotechnology are big in Houston (nanotech is growing like weeds in Houston). Atlanta is big on research with the CDC, but the TMC has more specific areas. Go look at hospital rankings for specific cares. Houston tops Atlanta in all of them (including the Children's Hospital): Top American Hospitals Rankings - US News Best Hospitals

That is why I said Houston and Atlanta are not close in the medical industry...and this isn't to discredit Atlanta either, because it has a strong medical industry. The stronger our medical industries are, the healthier we become.

Their's only a few areas Houston dominates Atlanta like Urology, Cancer and etc other than those their actually on pare with each others in most fields. I cut off after 30. Did actually look at your own source? Than The Significance of CDC canít be ranked, diffrent reasonability. As well as the American Cancer Society Center so there not included in the list. Keep that in mind.

Urology Hospitals
#9 University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
13 Methodist Hospital
Rheumatology Hospitals
23 Methodist Hospital
Respiratory Disorders Hospitals
22 Methodist Hospital
Rehabilitation Hospitals
4 TIRR Memorial Hermann
9 Shepherd Center
Psychiatry Hospitals
#9 Menninger Clinic
10 Emory University Hospital
22 Methodist Hospital
29 Atlanta VA Medical Center, Decatur
Orthopedics Hospitals
29 Methodist Hospital
Cancer Hospitals
1 University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
29 Methodist Hospital
Diabetes & Endocrine Disorders Hospitals
24 Methodist Hospital
Digestive Disorders Hospitals
16 Methodist Hospital
23 University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
Ear, Nose & Throat Hospitals
#2 University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
21 Methodist Hospital
22 Emory University Hospital
Gynecology Hospitals
#12 University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer
Geriatric Care Hospitals
13 Emory University Hospital
28 Methodist Hospital 
Heart & Heart Surgery Hospitals
#5 Texas Heart Institute at St. Luke's Episcopal Hospital
19 Methodist Hospital
Kidney Disorders Hospitals
23 University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
25 Emory University Hospital
27 Methodist Hospital
Best Neurology & Neurosurgery Hospitals
13 Methodist
14 Emory university
Ophthalmology
9 Emory University Hospital
13 Cullen Eye Institute, Methodist Hospital
28 Children's Healthcare of Atlanta

The gap between Houston and Dallas in energy is significantly larger than the Gap between Houston and Atlanta in medical, I put that way. Houston beats Atlanta in medical yes by a wide shot NOOO. Don't over milk the cow.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2010, 01:59 AM

8,044 posts, read 7,149,751 times
Quote:
Win in what? There are certain areas where all three cities win in a landslide over the other. It just seems like certain posters don't want to give credit to the Texas cities, but if they do, they only lead "slightly", yet if Atlanta leads in something, it's by a lot. How can you say Atlanta just has a "slightly" smaller energy industry than Dallas and Houston (what afonega1 said)? Would you like to point out and tell me what I said was so wrong? I've been respectful through all of this, but receive backlash because I'm from Texas, and am suppose to not speak about Atlanta. LOL!
When I was talking about energy I was talking in terms of that it has a decent sized sector for a city its size.I admit the word slightly was not the best word but more that it is substantial especially compared with most other major cities to actually have such an energy sector.I admit that was not the best choice of wording.

Old 06-02-2010, 02:01 AM

8,044 posts, read 7,149,751 times
Quote:
Wait, so when you try and point out "inaccurate" things I said, it's okay, but if I do the same with you, it's sad and the site "isn't serious"? The hypocrisy is through the roof. And I really have no idea what you mean by this:

Where are you getting this from?
That was not meant for you at all.Chill out.LOL.

Old 06-02-2010, 02:24 AM

8,962 posts, read 8,351,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
But you were responding to me mentioning it as if we were the same person, You can't say everytime that statement is was false.
Maybe I should have made it more clear that it was afonega1, but I did list both of you.

Quote:
Their's only a few areas Houston dominates Atlanta like Urology, Cancer and etc other than those their actually on pare with each others in most fields. I cut off after 30. Did actually look at your own source? Than The Significance of CDC can’t be ranked, diffrent reasonability. As well as the American Cancer Society Center so there not included in the list. Keep that in mind.
Of course I looked at my source. The list you posted prove my point. Also, are you familiar with what the American Cancer Society does?

Quote:
Urology Hospitals
13 Methodist Hospital
Rheumatology Hospitals
23 Methodist Hospital
22 Methodist Hospital
Rehabilitation Hospitals
4 TIRR Memorial Hermann
9 Shepherd Center
Psychiatry Hospitals
#9 Menninger Clinic
22 Methodist Hospital
Orthopedics Hospitals
29 Methodist Hospital
Cancer Hospitals
29 Methodist Hospital
24 Methodist Hospital
16 Methodist Hospital
21 Methodist Hospital
Gynecology Hospitals
Geriatric Care Hospitals
28 Methodist Hospital 
19 Methodist Hospital
27 Methodist Hospital
13 Methodist
14 Emory university
Ophthalmology
So every category goes in Houston's favor, except for two. This is one reason why I said the medical industry in Houston is much larger than the one in Atlanta.

Quote:
The gap between Houston and Dallas in energy is significantly larger than the Gap between Houston and Atlanta in medical, I put that way. Houston beats Atlanta in medical yes by a wide shot NOOO. Don't over milk the cow.
Maybe not a wide shot, but Houston leads Atlanta in the medical industry by a significant margin. It becomes more apparent with the list you provided. The CDC is a great asset to Atlanta, but as much research is being done in Houston. It's just that the CDC is a government agency (so that's why they call Atlanta and not Houston). Out of 49 institutions in the TMC, only 13 are hospitals. They rest are schools and research institutions. Not to mention there have been more "medical firsts" in Houston than in Atlanta (just an example, at one institution). I don't think Atlanta can compare to those numbers, but that's not discrediting Atlanta's medical industry. It just isn't as large as Houston's. Just like Houston can't compare with Atlanta in the retail and telecommunications industries.

Texas Medical Center - Facts and Figures (http://www.texasmedicalcenter.org/root/en/GetToKnow/FactsandFigures/Facts+and+Figures.htm - broken link)

Texas Medical Center - Institutions of the Texas Medical Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
That was not meant for you at all.Chill out.LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
When I was talking about energy I was talking in terms of that it has a decent sized sector for a city its size.I admit the word slightly was not the best word but more that it is substantial especially compared with most other major cities to actually have such an energy sector.I admit that was not the best choice of wording.
NOW we're getting somewhere I see.

Old 06-02-2010, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Maybe I should have made it more clear that it was afonega1, but I did list both of you.

Of course I looked at my source. The list you posted prove my point. Also, are you familiar with what the American Cancer Society does?

So every category goes in Houston's favor, except for two. This is one reason why I said the medical industry in Houston is much larger than the one in Atlanta.

Maybe not a wide shot, but Houston leads Atlanta in the medical industry by a significant margin. It becomes more apparent with the list you provided. The CDC is a great asset to Atlanta, but as much research is being done in Houston. It's just that the CDC is a government agency (so that's why they call Atlanta and not Houston). Out of 49 institutions in the TMC, only 13 are hospitals. They rest are schools and research institutions. Not to mention there have been more "medical firsts" in Houston than in Atlanta (just an example, at one institution). I don't think Atlanta can compare to those numbers, but that's not discrediting Atlanta's medical industry. It just isn't as large as Houston's. Just like Houston can't compare with Atlanta in the retail and telecommunications industries.
Yes I know ACS is a voluntary health organization.

The CDC has a responsibility in medical that no intuition in Houston has. Besides the research of itís own. The CDC also has the reasonability of coordinating the general health, prevention and control above just treating or even research, And your right itís federal, the CDC under the Department of Health and Human Services, the CDC it self give out grants to support health institutions. And making sure the "medical firsts" by institutions A get to institutions B. That why I said the significance of the CDC canít measure or ranked. As someone said earlier itís a different animal.

No, I have already stated Houston beats Atlanta in medical the affirmative was for Atlanta to not be far behind, in most fields Atlanta wasn't too far behind which actually provide my point. You do know you contradict yourself. but whatever you want to call it Maybe not a wide shot, by a significant margin

Old 06-02-2010, 06:34 AM

657 posts, read 881,890 times
Dude, who really cares? Your spelling errors and slapdash writing style make every single one of your posts impossible to comprehend to anyone but yourself. Scarface's posts are quite enjoyable and his easy-to-read facts and give-and-take writing style have me convinced that Dallas and Houston are leading Atlanta in many ways.

Quote:

Their's only a few areas Houston dominates Atlanta like Urology, Cancer and etc other than those their actually on pare with each others in most fields. I cut off after 30. Did actually look at your own source? Than The Significance of CDC can’t be ranked, diffrent reasonability. As well as the American Cancer Society Center so there not included in the list. Keep that in mind.

Urology Hospitals
13 Methodist Hospital
Rheumatology Hospitals
23 Methodist Hospital
22 Methodist Hospital
Rehabilitation Hospitals
4 TIRR Memorial Hermann
9 Shepherd Center
Psychiatry Hospitals
#9 Menninger Clinic
22 Methodist Hospital
Orthopedics Hospitals
29 Methodist Hospital
Cancer Hospitals
29 Methodist Hospital
24 Methodist Hospital
16 Methodist Hospital
21 Methodist Hospital
Gynecology Hospitals
Geriatric Care Hospitals
28 Methodist Hospital 
19 Methodist Hospital
27 Methodist Hospital
13 Methodist
14 Emory university
Ophthalmology

Old 06-02-2010, 06:48 AM

12,799 posts, read 18,951,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by back2dc View Post
Dude, who really cares? Your spelling errors and slapdash writing style make every single one of your posts impossible to comprehend to anyone but yourself. Scarface's posts are quite enjoyable and his easy-to-read facts and give-and-take writing style have me convinced that Dallas and Houston are leading Atlanta in many ways.
So you can make this determination from the perceived quality of posts on C-D? Remind me to never trust your judgment.

Old 06-02-2010, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2dc View Post
Yeah it's that bad, but some how people still comprehend

I make mistakes but I study logic so I would like to point out, how you receive your conclusion is fallacious to the extreme. Who really cares about my facts I made grammar errors, when Scarface's posts are quite enjoyable.

Ad hominem

Appeal to ridicule

Old 06-02-2010, 08:50 AM

8,962 posts, read 8,351,348 times
Quote:
Yes I know ACS is a voluntary health organization.

The CDC has a responsibility in medical that no intuition in Houston has. Besides the research of itís own. The CDC also has the reasonability of coordinating the general health, prevention and control above just treating or even research, And your right itís federal, the CDC under the Department of Health and Human Services, the CDC it self give out grants to support health institutions. And making sure the "medical firsts" by institutions A get to institutions B. That why I said the significance of the CDC canít measure or ranked. As someone said earlier itís a different animal.

No, I have already stated Houston beats Atlanta in medical the affirmative was for Atlanta to not be far behind, in most fields Atlanta wasn't too far behind which actually provide my point. You do know you contradict yourself. but whatever you want to call it Maybe not a wide shot, by a significant margin
I fail to see how giving out grants to other institutions is the same thing as those institutions doing the research, treating patients, etc. The CDC is VERY valuable, but when you stack up the CDC and other medical institutions in Atlanta and then compare them to what's in Houston, Houston comes out on top. And the CDC doesn't give out grants to everybody, either. Houston has many more employees in the medical industry, more institutions associated with the medical industry, a MUCH higher numbers of domestic/international patients than Atlanta, more students studying in the medical industry, etc.

Old 06-02-2010, 10:16 AM

Quote:
I fail to see how giving out grants to other institutions is the same thing as those institutions doing the research, treating patients, etc. The CDC is VERY valuable, but when you stack up the CDC and other medical institutions in Atlanta and then compare them to what's in Houston, Houston comes out on top. And the CDC doesn't give out grants to everybody, either. Houston has many more employees in the medical industry, more institutions associated with the medical industry, a MUCH higher numbers of domestic/international patients than Atlanta, more students studying in the medical industry, etc.
ďI fail to see how giving out grants to other institutions is the same thing as those institutions doing the research, treating patients, etcĒ Itís Not, itís over seeing the one doing the research that needs to be funded, And CDC does give out grants for medical intuition, this is beside the research they do there selves. And also the CDC has the reasonability of coordinating the general health. Regional medical intuition donĎt do this they just treat in comming patients.

Grants.gov - Find Grant Opportunities - Opportunity Synopsis

CDC Grants - LoveToKnow

CDC | CDC Responds to the Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill

You just tried posting hospital ranking and ended up proving my point, Again I said Houston has the edge, the affirmative is Atlanta is not far behind. This at Ad nauseam now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta