U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 10:22 AM

71 posts, read 202,637 times

Advertisements

Hello Everybody. I am a 31 year old African American Male. I am thinking about attending a Black Writers Reunion Conference that will be held on June 23-26 2010 at the W Atlanta Perimeter Hotel. I was wondering if anybody knew of any upscale bars or clubs that I could venture out to at night time that was in the area of the hotel where the conference will be held at. I will be staying at a hotel that is near the conference. Any responses would be greatly appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2010, 10:41 AM

285 posts, read 754,872 times
There aren't really any clubs around that area...

Old 05-20-2010, 10:45 AM

The bar at the W is pretty decent though, maybe hang out there and figure out what everyone else is doing.

Old 05-20-2010, 10:45 AM

1,666 posts, read 2,344,445 times
oKAY JUST RESTAURANTS AND BUISNESSES

Old 05-20-2010, 11:06 AM

7,732 posts, read 11,765,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JV1330 View Post
Hello Everybody. I am a 31 year old African American Male. I am thinking about attending a Black Writers Reunion Conference that will be held on June 23-26 2010 at the W Atlanta Perimeter Hotel. I was wondering if anybody knew of any upscale bars or clubs that I could venture out to at night time that was in the area of the hotel where the conference will be held at. I will be staying at a hotel that is near the conference. Any responses would be greatly appreciated
floyd242's suggestion of the bar at the W is a good one.

This area is primarily a big office and retail district. There are some decent restaurants, but really not what you are looking for.

The beauty of the neighborhood though is the great train access it provides into town. There is a station (Dunwoody) directly behind the Perimeter Mall that is a direct ride into Buckhead. You could get off at the Buckhead station and walk to several places, including Whiskey Blue - a cool rooftop lounge at the Buckhead W that is literally across the street from the station. One station further is Lindbergh Center. There's a great club there called Tongue & Groove that is just steps from the train.

Have fun if you decide to come!

Gerber Group

Tongue and Groove Atlanta Night Clubs, Buckhead - Lindbergh City Center

Old 05-20-2010, 11:23 AM

Just check and see when the last north bound train comes to whatever station you end up at. They stop running at 2, but you'll probably have to get there by 1:30 at the latest. If not you'll be taking a cab back to your hotel.

Old 05-20-2010, 11:27 AM

71 posts, read 202,637 times
Okay well can anybody tell me how far Magic City or any other gentlemen's club is from that area?

Old 05-20-2010, 11:36 AM

7,732 posts, read 11,765,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JV1330 View Post
Okay well can anybody tell me how far Magic City or any other gentlemen's club is from that area?
Magic City is in the heart of Downtown, in an area you would want to cab to - even though the train is nearby. I personally would not hoof it from the train at night.

I'm guessing the nicest upscale place would be the Cheetah in Midtown.

Someone else will want to chime in on this subject, not my forte.

Old 05-20-2010, 11:41 AM

The Cheetah is definitely the most upscale gentlemen's club in Atlanta. If you're looking for AA entertainment only, I would go to Strokers. You can hit up Pin-Ups for the after hours, they are open until 8 (no booze after 2:30)

Old 05-20-2010, 11:51 AM

Location: Originally from Cali relocated to Inman Park/Old 4th Ward/Westside Atlanta
987 posts, read 3,451,841 times
Thumbs up I think It's fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
Magic City is in the heart of Downtown, in an area you would want to cab to - even though the train is nearby. I personally would not hoof it from the train at night.

I'm guessing the nicest upscale place would be the Cheetah in Midtown.

Someone else will want to chime in on this subject, not my forte.
I would take a train to Magic City in a hearbeat (I live on a major Urban Marta Line inside of the perimeter and ride all times of the night) the Garnett Station is right across the street from Magic City and there is a Greyhound Station adjacent to the station and the strip club as well. Plenty of people around there at night It wouldnt be a problem for me. Like the poster said before your going to want to get to the train station around 1am to make it back to your station or get a cab.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or