Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 09:30 AM

1,498 posts, read 3,107,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellomrwest View Post
Hate to say it bub....but u still sound like a racist. Ill be sure to say a prayer for you tonight.

Racial issues have prevented this city from becoming all that it can really be. Some tend to think that having MARTA around a certain area would lead to lower property values and higher crime, but the proven evidence would say other wise. I can think of all the areas around MARTA stations, at least on the northside anyway, and the property values of these places are thru the roof. Areas around transit are more expensive and attractive to developers because there is functional use of that area. Let me say it again. Transit increases the FUNCTIONAL use of an area. I even know of some mostly black parts of Dekalb like Stone Mtn and Lithonia who bought into the same lie that MARTA would bring lower values and higher crime. Not true at all. Bad investment and not raising your kids properly brings crime to ANY area. Just look at how many drug busts occur OTP? I can honestly say, from formerly hangin around folks that are heavy in the dope game if u want great dope for low prices and high quantities, u dont go to the East side or the SWATS or even Clay Co......u go str8 to Gwinnett or Cobb. Between these local dopebois and the mexican mafia the whole Northside is sown up with Illegal activites...none of which had to do with Marta.

But back to the OP. MARTA is sorely needed in ClayCo, due to Atl's policy of displacing poorer residents (mostly blacks that have been disenfranchised by the state and country) and just dumping them on the southside, we now have a situation where those in Clayco, poor or not, both black AND white, cannot get to work to provide for themselves. These are taxpayers Im referring to. I know personally friends of mine who are now jobless due to the lack of transit and the fact that these are income tax payers to the state I feel as if it is VERY much the states' obligation to fulfill their financial obligation to the residents of Clayton Co.

Anything less is silently a form of state sponsored apartheid. When will Atl get past its racial issues to become the city that it intends to be? The city that outsiders view it as? I feel as if their are some natives that wish Atl never grew from what it used to me.....a small southern one horse town. I mean c'mon....that what Atl used to be...right? Ive seen the photos from my family and atltimemachine.com ......this city, while a very nice city for years, was just a medium to small southern city in the middle of a state chock full of rednecks and peanut farmers. (no disrespect b/c farming is a VERY honorable profession that needs to make a comeback in this America).

So Cobain, dude u need to chill. ur words label u as something u might not want to be known as on here....a BIGGOT!!!!

And for your benefaction good sir, Im far from backwards and have alot more on the ball than you could ever hope to have. Id watch whom u call backwards or sensitive b/c its those same folk in my generation that will one day have to foot the bill for YOUR social security and health care.

That is all.........

smh........why does Atl have to be in such a region full of racists and bigots? And the irony is that these same folk have the nerve to call themselves Christians....lol the nerve.....
Pay for my social security? Im 24 years old. And yeah, im sure you have way more on the ball, especially when it comes to finding good "dope".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2010, 08:19 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,566,031 times
I live in the College Park side of Clayton and the C-tran thing was very 1963...I am moving to Fulton after my lease is up. Clayton had their chance. Not impressed.

Old 06-05-2010, 08:42 AM

2,390 posts, read 4,404,404 times
lol why do people even address this cobain dude. Honestly I'd love to have this discussion with him face to face to see if he's still as passionate about it as he is on the internet.

Old 06-05-2010, 11:17 AM

2,757 posts, read 5,643,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
lol why do people even address this cobain dude. Honestly I'd love to have this discussion with him face to face to see if he's still as passionate about it as he is on the internet.
I doubt that he'd still be passionate about this issue. I can break down his "Equilibrium" philosophy easily (we all can). Clayton County isn't perfect but it isn't a dump either. MARTA is something necessary for Clayton County (the entire ATL metro honestly).

Old 06-05-2010, 11:27 AM

5,185 posts, read 7,566,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
Emotional?

Old 06-05-2010, 12:03 PM

4,843 posts, read 6,101,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackCobain View Post
Well I guess I should have known a comment like this would arise. But of course, how could I forget, everything is about race. Even in a discussion where race or charges of racism have no relevance, they must be injected into the discussion anyway.

Obviously you harbor to the same old "we-are-always-the-victim-everyone-is-against-us" hypersensitive persecution complex similar to some of the other backwards people here on city data. FYI, not every discussion revolves around black people. Get over yourself.
Still race baiting?

You didn't bring up race huh? really? than what's this

Quote:
I guess I should make it clear that I am not against MARTA or its expansion per say. I think MARTA has reached a balanced equilibrium in serving both middle-class white collar commuters and blue collar areas. Expanding into Clayton would completely throw that balance out of wack.
Let connect the dots

Thread A, Your taking about a “Black agenda“
Thread B. Your obsessed with generalizing the urban crowd as interchangeable with thug, which is predominately the black youth.
Thread C. Your talking about the inncome and the educational levels of blacks coming to Atlanta, like you have a fear, Remember

Quote:
the black relos seem to be evenly split between college educated blacks and single mothers on section 8.

Thread D. Now you have a fear about some type of off balance. That Marta could become off your perceive “middle-class white collar commuters” balance, by adding Clayton county interestingly majority black....... WOW what's next.

Old 06-05-2010, 10:23 PM

2,390 posts, read 4,404,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
Emotional?
Would you like to discuss it instead?

Old 07-11-2010, 11:03 AM

4,586 posts, read 7,708,686 times
Clayton MARTA strategy on the skids *| ajc.com

Quote:
Although the state Legislature voted this year to allow the county's voters to decide for themselves whether to join MARTA, it is now possible they will not get that chance any time soon. Instead, they will vote in November on a nonbinding referendum to gauge their interest -- essentially a poll with no force to enact anything
Hmm...

Old 07-11-2010, 04:26 PM

5,845 posts, read 6,155,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKCorey View Post
Let Clayton hold the non-binding referendum and go from there.

Old 08-26-2010, 06:17 PM

11 posts, read 26,409 times
I say No to Marta
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta