U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2010, 09:55 PM

10 posts, read 20,936 times

Advertisements

Hey all. I am moving to atlanta from the savannah ga area in a month or two. I am looking for either an apartment or condo to rent in the atlanta area.

I am looking for either a 2 or 3 bedroom with each bedroom having its own bathroom

Budget- Im looking to pay about 350-500 a piece. So for a 2 bedroom 700-1000 and 3 bedroom 1000-1500.

Demographics: Looking for a place with a lot of young adults. I just graduated college and am looking to meet some cool new people. Also, not really looking for a place where I get the cops called on me if I have some friends over on the weekend.

Location: Walking or short driving distance to nightlife in atlanta would be ideal.

Thanks for all your help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2010, 07:22 AM

8,862 posts, read 14,413,843 times
Do you have any idea which part of the metro area you might prefer?

Somewhere ITP/inside the perimeter is probably the place to find more young adults.

Old 06-01-2010, 02:03 PM

10 posts, read 20,936 times
Even though I went to high school around atlanta it has been a while so I am not too familiar with the area.

Inside the perimeter sounds ideal if it can fit my budget

Old 06-01-2010, 02:24 PM

8,862 posts, read 14,413,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstone4 View Post
Even though I went to high school around atlanta it has been a while so I am not too familiar with the area.

Inside the perimeter sounds ideal if it can fit my budget
The midtown neighborhoods are listed on the right side--VaHi, Candler Park, Inman Park and so on.

http://www.atlanta-midtown.com/neighborhoods/index.html

Many of these areas are discussed in this thread>>>
Where in Atlanta shall new college grads live?

and another one>>>>
Which area is more progressive, more intellectual and with more trees and space?

Old 06-07-2010, 10:15 PM

2,642 posts, read 7,246,561 times
Well, it would be hard to get a 2 bedroom in Candler Park for 700-1000. We own a duplex and the apartment we rent is a 1000sqft 2/1 and we EASILY get $1200 for it. Meaning, we don't even advertise on craigslist. We put a sign with fliers out front and SNAP it's taken. Well, full disclosure, we only tried once. When we bought the place it came with a tenant and when she left (fyi, because she bought her own home, not because she didn't like us) we put up a sign w/fliers and w/in 2 weeks we had a new tenant.

HOWEVER, our property is especially nice. It's location, layout, and view make it so people tend to love it. Damn, I can't wait to convert the place so all that layout and view is MINE. But, still have expensive brick repair reno to go....and replace electrical....

I have seen that you can get rentals in Candler Park to fit your budget but it will be smaller and likely more cheaply outfitted. If you're cool with that and location is your true criteria then I still encourage you to look in 30307 for a rental.

Best of luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or