U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 06:29 AM

20,893 posts, read 32,892,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bthomas56 View Post
[SIZE=3]Charlotte is the new Atlanta…. I lived in ATL for about 10 years, moving to Charlotte was hard cause real estate is way more expensive than it is in ATL… There is a lot more going on in Charlotte than Atlanta… 5 years ago ATL had more going on, but as I said Charlotte is the new Atlanta… Did I mention Cleaner? Charlotte is such a beautiful and clean city, Atlanta is dirty and crime infested… I will say, people are way more snobby in Charlotte, a lot of Charlotte folks are rich bastards… [/SIZE]
Oh yeah, way more going on in Charlotte...
A dead thread was revived for this?

Old 11-23-2010, 07:23 AM

4,688 posts, read 6,403,041 times
LoL

You cant even compare Charlotte to Atlanta..lol. That is like comparing Atlanta to NYC....two totally different cities. If you are looking for a boring city with nothing to do go to Charlotte. If you are looking to have fun in a big city with a cheap cost of living I highly recommend Atlanta. Atlanta has better shopping options, better nightlife, more middle class AA, better schools, more plays, sports teams, etc. On average Atlanta has more to do in one month verses the entire year in Charlotte.

Dont compare Charlotte to Atlanta. Compare it to Jacksonville, Norfolk, etc. Compare Atlanta to Dallas, Houston, DC, etc

Old 11-23-2010, 10:39 AM

442 posts, read 678,491 times
Could someone define "Quality of Life" in the sense that Charlotte's is somehow better? I would like to know how.

Old 11-23-2010, 10:45 AM

28,110 posts, read 24,639,595 times
We recently watched the documentary "Sprawling from Grace: The Consequences of Suburbanization" and Charlotte's mayor was featured with some great comments about what the city was doing with the future.

Old 11-23-2010, 12:42 PM

633 posts, read 1,168,591 times
How is there a lot more to do in Charlotte than Atl......and people say my comments are dumb.....so I guess Charlotte has more to do than Houston Dallas and Miami.........and sorry Charlotte is far more dangerous than Atlanta......and Charlotte is 40 years behind Atlanta not 10

Old 11-23-2010, 01:45 PM

8,190 posts, read 11,844,605 times
Why are people resurrecting threads over 3˝ years old?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajjam View Post
sorry Charlotte is far more dangerous than Atlanta
You've got to be kidding me. Unfortunately, Atlanta often ranks high nationally when it comes to crime; in the most recent ranking, thankfully it did slips a few spots but it's still #25 while Charlotte ranked #118. But of course, as with any city, it all boils down to where in the city/metro one chooses to live.

Old 11-23-2010, 01:59 PM

1,666 posts, read 2,344,445 times
SOmeone that was banned reopend it

Old 11-23-2010, 09:56 PM

1,158 posts, read 2,259,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
Why are people resurrecting threads over 3˝ years old?

You've got to be kidding me. Unfortunately, Atlanta often ranks high nationally when it comes to crime; in the most recent ranking, thankfully it did slips a few spots but it's still #25 while Charlotte ranked #118. But of course, as with any city, it all boils down to where in the city/metro one chooses to live.
This is what is strange about crime in the Charlotte - you would not expect to happen where it does. For example - Concord Mills Mall is notorious for car break in's. Same thing for a gym I used to go to - Peak Fitness. One afternoon in broad day light some thugs were braking into cars in the parkin lot of Peak Fitness (located off of Tryon). So I would say that the crime is similar if you calibrate the size of Atlanta to Charlotte.

Old 11-23-2010, 09:58 PM

1,158 posts, read 2,259,109 times
Last story - there was consulant who worked at he company I work for. One night while walking arounf uptown he was held up. The robber shot at him after stealing his laptop.

Old 11-24-2010, 06:01 AM

8,190 posts, read 11,844,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdkb View Post
This is what is strange about crime in the Charlotte - you would not expect to happen where it does. For example - Concord Mills Mall is notorious for car break in's. Same thing for a gym I used to go to - Peak Fitness. One afternoon in broad day light some thugs were braking into cars in the parkin lot of Peak Fitness (located off of Tryon). So I would say that the crime is similar if you calibrate the size of Atlanta to Charlotte.
If that were the case, the crime rates would be similar but they aren't (and of course one can't do a citywide "crime calibration" based on a few isolated instances; you need access to comprehensive data for that). Honestly, those things are mild compared to some of the things I hear in metro Atlanta but Charlotte has its crazy crime stories also. Like I said, in terms of day to day living, it really depends on where one lives exactly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or