Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: When was the last time you saw a Confederate Flag?
No never or rarely.I live in the city limits 10 17.54%
No never or rarely ,I live in the suburbs 9 15.79%
Occasionally.Usually on a shirt or tag at best.Occasionally displayed from a poll 24 42.11%
Too often everywhere.Its so annoying 8 14.04%
Do not live in the Atlanta area.But visit.See them all the time 4 7.02%
Do not live in Atlanta,but visit never really seen or paid much attention to them 2 3.51%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 11:17 AM

9,067 posts, read 15,794,327 times

Advertisements

When was the last time you saw a Confederate Flag?Meaning in the 28 county Metro Atlanta area.How prominately was it displayed?Was it on a shirt or a car tag?I hear some haters from other areas sometimes bashing Atlanta as if these are everywhere.Personally I live Downtown and do not go much the suburbs anymore uinless to visit parents.I rarely see the symbol.Or are we just use to seeing them that we don't even notice anymore?

Last edited by afonega1; 06-04-2010 at 12:01 PM..

Old 06-04-2010, 11:24 AM

168 posts, read 560,996 times
Your poll is flawed. The answers relate to "how often do you see", not "when was the last time you saw".

Old 06-04-2010, 11:25 AM

128 posts, read 352,882 times
ITP: a few months ago; it was a sticker on some truck driving on 10th Street by Tech.
OTP: Canton, where my parents live, has no shortage of them, though it's by no means on every other vehicle.

Old 06-04-2010, 11:33 AM

2,642 posts, read 8,259,583 times
I rarely see them in my daily life. Occasionally I see the Rebel Flag as a bumper sticker. However, I think the last time I remember seeing one was in Helen, over my son's spring break. We were going to Dahlonega to go hiking but decided to stay overnight the night before in Helen where there was a hotel with an indoor pool so my son could go swimming. While we were in the pool, which is a glassed in room, a guy in a pickup truck, with a regular flag pole attached to the bed and a GIANT Rebel Flag on it, came ROARING through the parking lot, made screeching circles around the few cars there, and then ROARED out.

My son, who is nearly 9, looked completely perplexed at this behavior and said, no lie, "What a douchebag."

So then I had to have a discussion about vulgar language (thanks, DAD!) as well as stupid behavior.

Old 06-04-2010, 11:37 AM

969 posts, read 1,959,032 times
I just saw one on a front license plate today in Marietta.

Old 06-04-2010, 11:43 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,641,967 times
I work ITP and live OTP. I'm pretty sure I see at least one every day (spotted ITP as well as OTP), but I can't really be certain because I no longer notice them. They are so ubiquitous here they have begun to blend into the background. When I first moved here though, I saw them EVERYWHERE, ALL THE TIME. I'll pay closer attention for the next few days and let you know how often I see them. Again, I bet I see at least one a day. In fact, I'm going to narrow my search to ITP only. Bet I'll still spot one daily.

Old 06-04-2010, 11:48 AM

388 posts, read 1,125,609 times
I don't really notice them. I've got no problem with the Rebel flag though.
That being said I don't have one and have never owned anything with one.
When I was growing up the Rebel flag was just used as an identifier for the redneck Skynyrd crowd. I'm not sure when it got "owned" by the racist crowd. Shame really.

Old 06-04-2010, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windu View Post
Your poll is flawed. The answers relate to "how often do you see", not "when was the last time you saw".
Geez sorry.Too late now.

Old 06-04-2010, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plessthanpointohfive View Post
I rarely see them in my daily life. Occasionally I see the Rebel Flag as a bumper sticker. However, I think the last time I remember seeing one was in Helen, over my son's spring break. We were going to Dahlonega to go hiking but decided to stay overnight the night before in Helen where there was a hotel with an indoor pool so my son could go swimming. While we were in the pool, which is a glassed in room, a guy in a pickup truck, with a regular flag pole attached to the bed and a GIANT Rebel Flag on it, came ROARING through the parking lot, made screeching circles around the few cars there, and then ROARED out.

My son, who is nearly 9, looked completely perplexed at this behavior and said, no lie, "What a douchebag."

So then I had to have a discussion about vulgar language (thanks, DAD!) as well as stupid behavior.
LOL.Imagery is such a wonderful thing.....Not in this case.But Helpful to get the point.LOL

Old 06-04-2010, 12:02 PM

128 posts, read 352,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plessthanpointohfive View Post

HA! That's funny. Just goes to show that trash is trash is trash - city, suburb, or hick town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta