Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 02:43 PM

188 posts, read 594,682 times

Advertisements

I had this exact same problem, and I also moved from PA. I looked at both Aylesberry Farms and Johns Creek Walk. Hands down, JCW is much nicer. It's newer, and I thought the management staff was more on top of things. Since then, I've known a few people who've lived there, and like I said, they loved it.

We ended up renting in Gwinett, because we needed a really short lease. But I otherwise would have picked JCW.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2010, 12:10 PM

10 posts, read 39,279 times
Did you decide where you wanted to live yet ? John's creek walk is newer although small apartments. Avonlea is well kept and nicer with all the outside landscaping campared with Cameron River which is older and basic looking. Avonlea and Cameron are next to each other by the way. They both are next to Whole Foods Store (big one) ,Publix Grocery Store ,Target and Home Depot.
John's creek walk is close to the Korean grocery store called HMart. Aylesbury Farms is nice like Avonlea too and is located beside across street from John's creek walk. Honestly Medlock bridge and and Wilson are both great schools with many afterschool opportunities ie: chinese afterschools will come pick up your child right from the school directly ! The chinese afterschools are also on the same Medlock Bridge (141) Road so that is nice and convienient.

Old 04-22-2012, 11:45 PM

1 posts, read 1,574 times
Hi, We're moving from west coast to Atlanta. I looked for apartments associated with Wilson Creek Elementary school and ended up with Reserve at Johns creek and Aylesbury Farm.But JCW looks costlier. Can anyone give review on Aylesbury apartment?

Old 04-23-2012, 02:54 PM

1,362 posts, read 4,317,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkav View Post
Hi, We're moving from west coast to Atlanta. I looked for apartments associated with Wilson Creek Elementary school and ended up with Reserve at Johns creek and Aylesbury Farm.But JCW looks costlier. Can anyone give review on Aylesbury apartment?
'There is Aylesbury Farms.

There are 2 communities at Johns Creek Walk. One of them just got built (I think that is the Reserve). Cant recall what the name of the first one is.

All of three are right next to each other. But I am not sure if the new one at JCW is for Findley Oaks or Wilson Creek.

Aylesbury is a regular apartment (no idea about quality). JCW-1 was probably built 5-6 years back, and is probably a step above regular apartments. JCW-2 is brand new, and I think they are branding them as luxury.

I live very close to these, so let me know if any questions. My kids are at Wilson Creek. It is pretty decent for Georgia, but not thegreatest or anything like that.

Old 04-26-2012, 09:15 AM

528 posts, read 1,284,235 times
I know this thread is old but see fromGa has kids that go to Wilson creek. We r actually considering st Ives again. Can anyone give me spEcific info about this school. What they like and don't like? How come u said its not that great? Thx

Old 04-26-2012, 10:28 AM

1,362 posts, read 4,317,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinginbuffalo View Post
I know this thread is old but see fromGa has kids that go to Wilson creek. We r actually considering st Ives again. Can anyone give me spEcific info about this school. What they like and don't like? How come u said its not that great? Thx
We had a good experience at Wilson Creek. It is a solid school. Just not great. I have not looked at any other elems in Atlanta metro, so I dont know how to compare.

edit/add: I am guessing that Wilson Creek will compare favorably (that is, same as) with most North Fulton or South Forsyth schools. The other poster was coming from out of state. So just letting him/her know not to expect the national best or anything like that.

Last edited by FromGA; 04-26-2012 at 10:36 AM..

Old 04-26-2012, 12:19 PM

528 posts, read 1,284,235 times
Thanks FromGa. I did go visit Wilson way back when I didn't like what the woman had to say but she was obviously prejudice against anyone that wasn't white so it was definitely a skewed view of the school. I just was wondering what actual parents have to say. Thanks

Old 06-16-2014, 02:21 AM

1 posts, read 1,137 times
The Regency at johns creek walk is Findley oaks and the oaks apts are
Shakerag so you were told incorrectly. I don't know too much about Shakerag but Findley oaks is a great school. Good luck

Old 11-15-2017, 05:48 PM

26 posts, read 33,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anadyr21 View Post
Just wondering why you chose those particular apartments (John's Creek Walk vs Avonlea on the River). There are several that service Medlock Bridge Elem, some cheaper, some more expensive. All have plenty of kids. I know that Avonlea sometimes hosts activities, like pool parties and movies through Perimeter Church.

There is a large asian and Chinese population in the area, including several of the apartments. I know of several children who take Mandarin classes on the weekends and a few girls taking some type of Chinese dance lessons nearby. There are several parents working on their English via private tutors and free ESL classes at the library.

I do believe Medlock Bridge Elementary has afterschool art classes, as well as piano/keyboarding and chess. There are also art classes that can be taken via City of Duluth, John's Creek, or Alpharetta. On their city's websites, they list all the classes, times, and fees.
do you know some aparmtents that have many Chinese ? THX!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta