Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Audi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 08:14 PM
JL JL started this thread

8,515 posts, read 14,454,235 times

Advertisements

Has anyone thought of buying one? Are you able to negotiate a good deal on this car considering the popularity of Audi in the past year or two? for those who have recently bought one, how is your experience so far? Any recent issue with it that you don't like? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2010, 08:45 PM

5,994 posts, read 19,878,204 times
I think the A5 is gorgeous but I'd take a 335 for the money.

Old 08-08-2010, 10:12 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,349,894 times
335 Coupe for pure performance.

A5 coupe for a bit of everything.

You should be able to negotiate a fine deal on one. They are beautiful but not exactly limited production.

Old 08-08-2010, 11:35 PM
JL JL started this thread

8,515 posts, read 14,454,235 times
I don't like the look of the 335. Thanks for the replies.

Old 08-09-2010, 03:00 AM

1,963 posts, read 5,592,897 times
I might bite the bullet & splurge on an A5 next yr if other plans (like grad school) don't come to fruition.

One thing I've noticed about Audi's is that they don't seem to subvent their leases the way that BMW does: their residuals are typically much lower than comparable BMW models. Also if they do offer dealer/buyer cash it only applies to sales, not leases. Another annoyance is that their Audi Care maintenance pkg is an extra $800. By the time you add the Premium Plus Pkg, Audi's cost almost as much as MB's to lease!

That being said, I don't want to dissuade you from the A5 cause it's freakin gorgeous. The only competitor is an E-class coupe imho. But definitely do your hw, checking out target prices on Edmunds ( TMV new car prices, used car pricing, used car values at Edmunds ) and truecar.com . Also be sure to see if there are any rebates or special financing offers going on ( New car incentives, auto rebates, dealer incentives at Edmunds (http://www.edmunds.com/incentives/RebateController?step=1&setzip= - broken link) ) And of course if you're going to lease, I recommend checking out ridewithg.com to see what the going residuals & money factors are, so you can state that to the dealer.

And lastly, you'll get a much better price if you shop in a large metropolitan area with several Audi dealerships. When I went with my coworker to work up numbers for her A4 there was a couple that flew in all the way from Oregon to pick up their Q5, just because dealers here in LA were quoting them $1500 to $2500 less than what their local dealer was willing to offer. Definitely shop smart and email the Internet Sales Manager of several dealerships for specific pricing. Tell them the exact A5 you want with options & colors. And always tell them you know the invoice price & available rebates.

Happy car hunting!

Old 08-09-2010, 08:42 AM

5,007 posts, read 15,349,894 times
The MB E-Class coupe is hideous. The A5 is gorgeous.

Old 08-09-2010, 09:04 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,465,675 times
I would personally highly recommend buying the car used as a 1 or 2 year old CPO. You will get virtually the same car and save thousands on it. IMO buying a new luxury car minus significant rebates or financing incentives is a very poor investment. Leasing a new one can be a good move as long the terms are favorable, but you need to do your homework and make sure the lease will work for you. Audi residuals are set low for a reason. Despite their popularity, they tend to depreciate very quickly.

Old 08-09-2010, 10:31 AM

747 posts, read 2,744,381 times
Test drive it first to make sure you're ok with the performance. The 2.0T is pretty torquey for a 4, but the lack of horsepower sometimes leaves it wanting at higher speeds. You can chip it (ECU tune/flash) if your dealer is known to turn a blind eye or if the dealership itself is a retailer for the tuner. Some of the well-known names in Audi/VW tuning are GIAC, APR, Unitronic, Revo, etc. See if your dealership is an installer/retailer for any of these names.

Old 08-10-2010, 10:03 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,575,838 times
I'd probably buy a used one. Certainly can not afford a new one. I haven't flipped my old audi and have been holding on to it for a bit longer than expected. That one I got off lease and it was basically in new condition.

Old 08-11-2010, 06:40 PM

6,114 posts, read 12,477,913 times
I looked at the A(S)5 a few months ago, but ended up getting an S4 (for FI engine..... another story for another thread). I've had several audis in a row, and i love them.

There is money in the car ... you should be able to negotiate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Audi