Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Audi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 07:45 AM

450 posts, read 588,817 times

Advertisements

Not being familiar with the brand I didn't know there was such a car. Impressive inside and out and handled very nicely. He drove it here (Georgia) from NJ and dropped in unexpectedly. After two days the power locks quit working so he took it to the local dealer who hadn't seen one either. While he borrowed my ten year old, trouble free Nissan truck I researched the Audi. Wow! Sticker shock. The car cost him eighty bucks over two hundred grand. And the power locks had the nerve to quit? After six days they finally fixed his car and he headed back up north. Nice car but maybe quality issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2015, 12:12 PM

359 posts, read 773,247 times
You sound like someone here rustle some jimmies.

I guess your 10 yr old Nissan ruck is actually better than the 100k Audi A8L.

Old 05-28-2015, 02:18 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,927,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worren View Post
The car cost him eighty bucks over two hundred grand.
Where did you come up with this figure?

Even if you get the W12 model of the A8L, it is 137,900.

As for the door locks, Audi fixed the car and your son was on his way. It wasn't like the engine grenaded or body panels fell off, it was something that can (and does) go wrong on cars that cost 10 grand to cars that cost a million dollars. No manufacturer is 100% perfect in their production runs.

Old 05-28-2015, 03:31 PM

450 posts, read 588,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
Where did you come up with this figure?

Even if you get the W12 model of the A8L, it is 137,900.

As for the door locks, Audi fixed the car and your son was on his way. It wasn't like the engine grenaded or body panels fell off, it was something that can (and does) go wrong on cars that cost 10 grand to cars that cost a million dollars. No manufacturer is 100% perfect in their production runs.
He ordered the long wheelbase model with every option known to man. The car, vanity plates, expedited shipping, gas guzzler tax and local taxes drove the car's price to astronomical heights. That car even has heated steering wheel and interior panels.

Old 05-28-2015, 03:36 PM

5,994 posts, read 19,878,204 times
Quote:
He ordered the long wheelbase model with every option known to man. The car, vanity plates, expedited shipping, gas guzzler tax and local taxes drove the car's price to astronomical heights. That car even has heated steering wheel and interior panels.
At most its a $160k car prior to sales tax. That's with the W12 engine and every single available option checked which most people don't do. The 3.0T A8L starts at a little under $80k.

Old 05-29-2015, 07:02 AM

359 posts, read 773,247 times
Quote:
You are so full of ****. So are your posts.

Vanity plates
They will cost the same on any car or bike. So it's not part of the car's value. Actually your 10 yr old POS Nissan truck could use the same plate and they'll cost the same. Unless he bids on a special plates like
"HOUSTON" sold for $25k same with "BENTLEY".

Options
As regards heated steering wheels and panels, you my friend, need to come out of the cave you're living in or stop lying blatantly as regards your son's expensive car's reliability. Heated steering and panels were standard on my E-550 in 2007. And they are optional on a lot of much much cheaper cars.

Gas guzzler tax
My GTO had 1300 gas guzzler tax.
My C63 had 2100 gas guzzler tax.
A lamborghini Gallardo (you've probably never heard of the brand or the model based on your knowledge here) gas guzzler tax has been as high as $5000.
So you say the gas guzzler tax was another cost. Mandated by the govt / EPA. Because guess what, gotta pay to play.

Expedited shipping

Again, so full of ****, Audi would certainly make a car as you wish. Brand new. But "expedited shipping doesn't exist".
There are over 8 A8L W12s with all options available for sale now. You son paid neither Expedited shipping, not mark-up.

This is what you should have lied abt

Your son paid a mark-up
People, at time, end up paying mark-up for rare vehicles. Or for collectibles.

Your son used Audi "individual" program for adding bespoke options.
Offered by a few marques, it inflates the value.

Checking all the boxes on Audi A8L W12 - it comes to a grand total of $157k

Assuming he doesn't negotiate one bit. and his taxes and fees were 7% (New Jersey). He paid $167k.

You seem to have a fairly nice idea abt it costing 80 bucks north of 200k.

Old 05-29-2015, 02:50 PM

3,373 posts, read 9,150,561 times
What ever the amount that is some serious money. What kind of work does he do?

Old 05-29-2015, 03:25 PM

16,979 posts, read 21,613,699 times
Weird post........but I'll bite!

Great car, no chance it cost that much unless it came with a 2nd car in the deal! I had one in 2004, A8L and it was one of the best I have ever owned. We broke the cupholder and the air suspension developed a slow leak.....that was it for 50K miles of use!

Old 05-29-2015, 04:08 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,634,822 times
Did your son have his dipped in chrome like the sheiks in the Middle East and Justin Bieber do it?

Old 05-29-2015, 07:33 PM

3,373 posts, read 9,150,561 times
Wow the sales tax on that car would be more than my Jetta is worth!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Audi