Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Audi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2015, 02:06 AM

24,322 posts, read 26,692,720 times

Advertisements

So I've always bought second hand because of the value, but this time I'm going to really spoil myself and place a custom order. The total price with options comes out to $58,500. I understand negotiating isn't as flexible as buying second hand, so what would be a good purchase price based on an MSRP of $58,500?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2015, 02:30 AM

4,236 posts, read 8,078,191 times
Despite what the fat hipster claims on TrueCar. I'd unless you fostered some kind of relationship with this deal I'd say zero. There's not a dealer out there that wants to be stuck with a special order car.

Old 09-05-2015, 04:23 AM

3,373 posts, read 9,150,561 times
What about participating in the European delivery program? That gives you a discount.

Old 09-05-2015, 04:56 AM

8,272 posts, read 10,863,078 times
There is no such thing as a special order Audi. Sorry.
If the dealer doesn't have the one you want, the dealer will shop around to other Audi dealers.
Or wait for the next boat to arrive.
US cars and trucks can be ordered from the factory. But even then your options and colors are limited unless you are ordering a fleet vehicle.

Now if you are stating that the dealer does not have the colors and options that you want then the dealer will get one. Most cases these dealers just swap cars. So there could be a slight extra cost to the dealer. But usually not. As both dealers agree on the swap.

So we go back to the real question. How much does an Audi cost.

Old 09-05-2015, 06:10 AM

3,373 posts, read 9,150,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
There is no such thing as a special order Audi. Sorry.
If the dealer doesn't have the one you want, the dealer will shop around to other Audi dealers.
Or wait for the next boat to arrive.
US cars and trucks can be ordered from the factory. But even then your options and colors are limited unless you are ordering a fleet vehicle.

Now if you are stating that the dealer does not have the colors and options that you want then the dealer will get one. Most cases these dealers just swap cars. So there could be a slight extra cost to the dealer. But usually not. As both dealers agree on the swap.

So we go back to the real question. How much does an Audi cost.
Your post missed the mark.

You can get exactly the car you want with the European delivery program.

Special Order Your Audi | Audi USA

Old 09-05-2015, 08:21 AM

24,204 posts, read 16,893,747 times
Of course you can special order a car to be built with available options. When I bought my Ford truck years ago I built it off the computer clicking the option boxes as I went including a 2 tone paint that the manager thought was a lousy combination. When the truck arrived from the factory boy it was sharp, still is and the managers next demo was the same colour combo.

Special Ordering a vehicle doesn't give you much lee way to negotiating. You will receive any discounts, rebates or programs that are available of course.

What others wrote about finding a special car is true. If your dealer doesn't have it they will shop around to other dealers in the area to see if the car is in their inventory and if they want to trade it or sell it. If it is a hot car I doubt they would want to trade it out. We used to do this at least once a week when I worked at a dealer.

Old 09-05-2015, 08:28 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,544,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
So I've always bought second hand because of the value, but this time I'm going to really spoil myself and place a custom order. The total price with options comes out to $58,500. I understand negotiating isn't as flexible as buying second hand, so what would be a good purchase price based on an MSRP of $58,500?

Thanks!
You can do factory delivery with custom orders - have you thought about that ? Audi has a program just like BMW. I bought my 335 this way and it was a great experience.

Oh and I did pay less than list because Factory Delivery order do not come out of the dealer's allocation.

I suggest a target of 5-10% off list.

Old 09-05-2015, 10:21 AM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,661,210 times
You won't get much.

The dealer does not have to get the car off the lot, he is not carrying any insurance, he is not financing, or anything. He is just picking up his commission, or whatever, when de delivers it to you.

It is the price you pay for wanting it bad by special ordering. I have done so too, but recognized I was eliminating any and all but the most basic corporate discounts.

Old 09-05-2015, 10:33 AM

2,025 posts, read 4,138,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Of course you can special order a car to be built with available options. When I bought my Ford truck years ago I built it off the computer clicking the option boxes as I went including a 2 tone paint that the manager thought was a lousy combination. When the truck arrived from the factory boy it was sharp, still is and the managers next demo was the same colour combo.

This would be fine if he was ordering a Ford pickup, but the OP wants an Audi.

Old 09-05-2015, 11:13 AM

22,168 posts, read 29,135,431 times
When you custom order something there isn't really a discount. That car is specially made for you so if you don't purchase it and it's a horrible combo and doesn't sell, dealers are stuck with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Audi