Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 12:05 AM

41 posts, read 113,788 times

Advertisements

This only supports my points why Augusta does not support quality.

Stonecrest Steakhouse closes | The Augusta Chronicle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2010, 07:03 AM

77 posts, read 157,811 times
stonecrest was a decent steakhouse and I am sad to see it go. It always had the problem with location. It was located on a one way road with rarely any traffic and the restaurant seemed hidden. if you gave directions to stonecrest, most people would have to stop by a gas station to ask where it was. I have been there twice and enjoyed both times. they had good food and service. Hopefully whoever comes in (chain restaurant is fine as long as it is something new and different) will get with the county and repave the road or access to the restaurant so it can get some visibility. the road has an outlet to washington road, but you cannot enter the road from washington (big problem)

Old 07-13-2010, 09:32 AM

250 posts, read 580,441 times
Agreed, its not that Augusta does not support quality. This was in a very poor location. Absolutely no visibilty from Washington Road.

Old 07-13-2010, 02:14 PM

197 posts, read 611,319 times
P.F. Changs, Chop House, Public House, California Dreaming just to name a few are quality. Like footdock said, the location not market is what killed the restaurant. Chillis which does very well in Augusta is struggling in Evans due to its location. Stonecrest was counting on Marshall Square being built which would have brought in the traffic to support this type of restaurant but that fell through. They should have either built in a better location like Riverwood or Mullins Crossing or waited on Marshall Square and they would have done allot better.

Old 07-13-2010, 03:04 PM

998 posts, read 1,549,260 times
Oh my gosh! A restaurant closed! The sky is falling, the sky is falling! - PB

I'm sure if I cared enough to google "Kennesaw restaurant closings"... i'd find a few.

I've lived in Augusta all my life and have only heard of this place, I've never seen it... And I worked at a doctors office for 2 years a mile away on Belair Road, driving through that area of town everyday... I'm going to Monterrey in Evans tonight, I'll try to see it for the first time.

Old 07-13-2010, 03:35 PM

1,138 posts, read 2,694,317 times
I heard of the place, people told me it was good, never went to it though. Since I live in NA, I don't really go to Evans very often (probably got out that far about 5 times last year, all of those were to go to Academy Sports, but I digress), whenever I was driving through Evans, I never actually saw the place (wasn't really looking either, but still, it didn't jump out at me), so the whole 'Where the heck is it?!' argument is valid and probably the reason why it didn't take off.

I'll bet you 50 bucks that it would have done WAY better if it had located in downtown Aiken or downtown Augusta.

Old 07-13-2010, 04:10 PM

242 posts, read 596,268 times
It would have done better if it was visible. I never ever saw it and I'm on that road enough to notice places.
Was it south of I-20 on Washington Rd?

Old 07-13-2010, 04:11 PM

1,138 posts, read 2,694,317 times
It was somewhere way out near that Evans Town Center (but I don't even know where that is so I'm no help)

Old 07-13-2010, 04:14 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,781,346 times
Same thing happened here with Indigo Joe's. It was a good restaurant but in a TERRIBLE location. No visibility what-so-ever.

Old 07-13-2010, 04:17 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,507 posts, read 15,094,973 times
Stonecrest wasn't located on Washington road. It was located in Evans tucked away on North Belair Square...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area