Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2010, 06:46 PM

6 posts, read 9,097 times

Advertisements

Comcast or Direct TV? We are having trouble deciding. We had Fios at our last home, and spoiled I guess. Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2010, 11:08 AM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,507 posts, read 15,095,909 times
Direct TV

Old 08-04-2010, 01:45 PM

1,138 posts, read 2,694,474 times
I'd go with the satellite...

But personally, I'd chose Dish Network over Direct TV...

I've had pretty much every single available option when it comes to tv: cable, Dish Network, Direct TV, Primestar, over-the-air antenna. Dish Network is my personal favorite out of all of them, plus they have that free HD thing going on now...

Old 08-04-2010, 04:27 PM

1,163 posts, read 2,099,454 times
I'd go with cable simply because all the features are the same AND you are most likely going to have cable internet (DSL...eh)- so why not get it bundled? Also, during storms or other outages- cable is still there. You usually also have to sign contracts with satellite companies- so think about that.

We have DVR, full HD package, and every other channel plus mid-grade internet (I get 10-12mbps usually) for $79.99 which ends up being about $90 a month.

Old 08-04-2010, 07:05 PM

6 posts, read 9,097 times
Thanks I see everyone is divided Fios was awesome, so it is hard to make a decision. Yes I would like a bundle we need internet and the phone. We had DVR which would record in one room watch in another. I think only direct tv does that here. I just worry with direct tv how much it will be out due to weather. Any more thoughts? We close next week so I need to get something going lol

Old 08-04-2010, 08:52 PM

250 posts, read 580,472 times
In the past year I have had Knology for cable/internet, Dish Network for tv while AT&T dsl and now I have Comcast. The reason I am with cable is because of internet speed. DSL just wasnt fast enough for the price they want. One downside about DISH network is they dont offer locals in HD, May not see that as a problem but I sure did during football because the Fox affiliate apparently broadcasts its signal with 9 volt batteries(In other words it sucks). But Dish does offer the DVR where you can start in one room and finish in the other, and you can get DISH without signing a contract.
Personally I did not have any major issues with Knology or Comcast. Both were solid
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area