Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2010, 05:42 PM

1 posts, read 3,894 times

Advertisements

I am getting married in July and really need a good caterer for a reasonable price. I'm not from around here and am having so much trouble finding someone that doesn't charge out the ying-yang and will actually return my call. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2010, 06:34 PM

13 posts, read 51,691 times
I was married at Sacred Heart Cultural Center in downtown Augusta. Darlene with Special Occasions Catering did a fantastic job. I can't say enough good things about her, the food, the mood, the help, their speed (Sacred Heart charges by the hour and they're not cheap, so you want hired help in and out of there), their courtesy, their great price. I didn't even get a chance to eat at the wedding. Every time I sat my plate down, someone picked it up and threw it away. Darlene was even kind enough to let us take the remainder of the food home (not all Caterers will let you do that) and we ate it for over a week.

For what it's worth, my wife was very, very, hard to please. She had no complaints about Darlene or the job they did. That in and of itself was a miracle. ;-)

A Special Occasion Catering, Augusta, GA : Reviews and maps - Yahoo! Local

Regards.

Old 11-29-2010, 08:38 PM

1,163 posts, read 2,100,190 times
Newberry Hall in Aiken, South Carolina.

Old 11-30-2010, 08:38 AM

250 posts, read 580,655 times
Be My Guest Catering- 706-305-3734
Terry Freeman is a great lady who runs this place. She just opened up an event center in Martinez/Evans after catering different events for years. She has very reasonable prices as she does everything from weddings to football team pregame meals.

Rouxs Catering-706-724-2218
Will probably be much more but they are definitely one of the standards when it comes to catering in Augusta

Good luck

Old 03-21-2011, 09:45 PM

1 posts, read 3,632 times
I wouldn't touch Roux's Catering if I were you. I was going to hire him for my wedding but every single person I told warned me to stay away. From what I've heard he gives you one price but at the end of the wedding you are charged something completely different and he words his contract so craftily he can get away with it. One wedding coordinator told me he won't tell you this up front but he will charge $1 for every plate they have to wash, even if a dishwasher is provided. I have never heard a positive review about Roux's from anyone I know and I've only seen a few positive reviews online.
On the other hand I've heard wonderful things about Cindy's Catering, Berry's Catering & Florals, and Be My Guest.

Old 05-12-2011, 12:03 AM

3 posts, read 8,633 times
Default Answer

Yes, La Bamba of So Cal very inexpensive 10.00 / person and they cover all of S.D and L.A. county. They can be found on Facebook under their name La Bamba So Cal...check them out they are awesome!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweettart507 View Post
I am getting married in July and really need a good caterer for a reasonable price. I'm not from around here and am having so much trouble finding someone that doesn't charge out the ying-yang and will actually return my call. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Old 05-14-2011, 04:25 PM

Location: (Orginally From Ann Arbor, MI) Now reside in Evans, Georgia
560 posts, read 1,143,101 times
I was going to suggest Corporate Catering, Weddings, Luncheons, Augusta GA | Cindy's Catering they did my wedding. It was awesome.

there is a gal up at gordon who does cakes if you need one also. www.beconfectionate.blogspot.com rachel bee she did a cake recently for a Another Military wedding and it was a decent job and she was cheap. catering she doesn't do however.

here is the same lady's caterer she used. They showed up with a mobile food wagon I guess that be the word for it.

Rusty’s Catering 803-609-0432

http://rustyscatering.com

Rusty's Catering is a Special Event Caterer located in Columbia, SC

We can serve from as few as 35 guests to as many as 2000 guests anywhere in the Carolinas and Georgia. We have a full service DHEC approved Mobile Kitchen that enables us to cook onsite for Fish Frys, Steak Dinners or any event that needs the food prepared onsite. Our menu options include Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Buffets.

Whether you are interested in a Hot Drop Off (Hot wrapped food with all paper products and serving utensils), or the Full Service Setup (Chaffers, Beverage attendants, tablecloths, etc.) we are here to help you enjoy a hassle free event. Rusty’s Catering is family owned and operated with over twenty years of experience in the restaurant and catering business. We are committed to making each meal we prepare a special event.

You can give us a call at 803-609-0432 or visit our website for all of our menus, photos, services offered and referrals. The menus presented on our website can be tailored to meet your needs.

Are you in stages of planning your Wedding Reception or Rehearsal Dinner? Give us a call or email us and we can put a proposal together with your menu slection and services needed outlining the cost. We will be happy to work with you to help you stay within your budget.

http://rustyscatering.com

the other caterer she interviewed she said was www. tcrumpetcatering.com they quoted her 12.95 a plate and 10.00 per wait staff( an hour)

Prices range from $12.95 per person to $35.00 per person with soup and dessert extra; tax not included Servers are extra at $10.00 per hour.

Last edited by klmquiroz; 05-14-2011 at 04:36 PM..

Old 05-19-2011, 01:39 PM

1 posts, read 3,415 times
Default Aalizae's Catering

Hi, my name is Brandy. I am a caterer based in Lawrenceville Ga. I specialize in affordable and delicious meals, from Asian based dishes, Italian Cuisines and Southern Specialties. If you would like to see a menu contact me at [email]aalizae88@yahoo.com[/email]

Old 05-05-2014, 10:28 PM

1 posts, read 1,991 times
Hi everyone If I was you I would not use the catering company special occasions they are Unclean and very unprofessional I watched Darlene the women over everything tell her employees to just wipe off dirty glasses with a rag and set the table with those nasty glass for the guess the sliver wear had rust on it and she talked to one of her employees like s**t in front of people embarrassing the poor women in front of people and the roast was tough the green beans were hard special occasions is not a good catering company

Old 05-06-2014, 07:21 AM

1,157 posts, read 1,412,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Woman View Post
Hi everyone If I was you I would not use the catering company special occasions they are Unclean and very unprofessional I watched Darlene the women over everything tell her employees to just wipe off dirty glasses with a rag and set the table with those nasty glass for the guess the sliver wear had rust on it and she talked to one of her employees like s**t in front of people embarrassing the poor women in front of people and the roast was tough the green beans were hard special occasions is not a good catering company
You dig up a thread that is 3 years old for this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
View detailed profiles of: