Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 04:28 PM

543 posts, read 1,316,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonguy View Post
Most housing projects before they're demolish aren't vacant... The residents have to be giving time to relocate first...
And why hasnt that process started yet? Its seems to be common knowledge that Sunset is being demolished, where are your facts? How long will it take?

Quote:
The value of the Sunset property/surrounding area can't be compared to the riverfront property.
Its still valuable none the less. Close to Paine College and surrounds MCG, access to Fifth street bridge etc No one said its as valuable as the riverfront property, so I dont know who you are aiming this statement to.

Quote:
The city isn't going to make MCG pay for the surrounding land.. Did MCG pay for Gilbert Manor? The answer is no they didn't...
That was that one time bro. MCG was in bad need of dorms and it was an noble gesture on the city's part. Just because I lend you $5 this Monday doesnt mean Im going to do it next Monday. Is there some clause or gentlemen agreement stating that Augusta must forfiet all former public housing properties to MGC? The answer is no they isn't.

Quote:
ASU is definitley not moving downtown... They're clearing dedicated to building up their West Campus.. They're building a $30 million college of education building on a 9 acre lot off Wrightsboro/Damascus.. They're also building new dorms and a workout facility. The patch is still a golf course and could go either way....
Oh ok....I knew that, I was just stating what I think would have been nice to see. Like I said ASU is in a win-win situation.

Quote:
The state wants to make money of the property. There's no guarantee they're willing to transfer the land to GHSU for free....
Where you get that the state want to make money on GGHOF? What article? I read the state wants to increase its doctor population because of a shortage. You are right, there is no guarantee.

Quote:
Actually it would make more sense for the Green Jackets to move downtown. To go along with the numerous other projects happening/planned..
But why does it have to be on the GGHOF? Why not the Water Mark area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2011, 05:14 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,507 posts, read 15,100,025 times
There are no current plans to demolish Sunset at the moment. I'm saying Sunset and the surrounding area could be demolished in the future.

Of course the state might want to get paid..... But then again GHSU is a powerful player, and their leader's vision is top notch..

Old 01-08-2011, 05:53 PM

543 posts, read 1,316,838 times
Senator Davis will take the purposal to Atlanta this week. It will be interesting to see whats Gov Deal take on it. Cal Ripken and Deke must make a good case for that auction. Do you, Nort, know what hotels, restaraunts, office etc would be part of this project? Im all for the new park downtown or anywhere but with the track record downtown have with big private investment(Hyatt? Water Mark?) Im leaning towards stability(MCG).

Old 01-09-2011, 07:41 AM

The Watermark and Hyatt fail victim to the economy... The Tee Center didn't break ground until July/August.... It ended up pushing the Hyatt's ground breaking back also... The Hyatt will start construction this year...

The land would have to go to auction first and then sold, before Jim Jacoby and Cal Ripken can share their final plans to the public..

Dr. Azziz or nobody else can tell the public what biotech and pharmaceutical companies would relocate to the park... Therefore the details of both projects are still unknowed..

Old 01-09-2011, 07:50 AM

The idea of the biotech park is to draw private investment... A baseball stadium attached to a mix-use entertainment venue is already private investment...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area