Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 03:33 PM

5,616 posts, read 8,650,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonguy View Post
Okay, but Richmond County is growing daily too. I've been hearing about BRAC since 2007/2008 so Muscogee county gaining 25,000 people in a few months remains to be seen...

Magician... Keep in mind estimates are diffrent from the actual census... Also, your post is about the A-RC population and Richmond County..
Augusta is but not nearly as fast as Columbus right now. BRAC's population growth started this month. It will peak in May and June as families move due to school being out. Those 30,000 will all be in place by September according to the military.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2011, 04:51 PM

91 posts, read 243,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus1984 View Post
It will peak in May and June as families move due to school being out. Those 30,000 will all be in place by September according to the military of which 75% will live in Columbus.That would put Columbus at around 215,000 making it Georgia's 2nd largest city by the end of this year.
I think otherwise maybe about 50% the rest will move to areas around Fort Mitchell, AL

Old 03-17-2011, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Stats View Post
I think otherwise maybe about 50% the rest will move to areas around Fort Mitchell, AL
Reports have it at 75%. Guess we will find out later this year.

Old 03-17-2011, 05:56 PM

115 posts, read 243,806 times
Don't forget about the NSA expanding in Augusta.

Old 03-17-2011, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Augusta is but not nearly as fast as Columbus right now. BRAC's population growth started this month. It will peak in May and June as families move due to school being out. Those 30,000 will all be in place by September according to the military.

But will columbus ever be the biggest metro outside Atl like the Aug? I don't think so.

Old 03-17-2011, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-town706 View Post
But will columbus ever be the biggest metro outside Atl like the Aug? I don't think so.
Could very well once Auburn-Opelika joins the MSA. It is already in the CSA. Fort Benning's growth will spur defense contractors to set up shop which will hopefully create lots of high paying jobs in the future. Columbus has a ton going for it right now. Like I always say, time will tell .

Old 03-17-2011, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Could very well once Auburn-Opelika joins the MSA. It is already in the CSA. Fort Benning's growth will spur defense contractors to set up shop which will hopefully create lots of high paying jobs in the future. Columbus has a ton going for it right now. Like I always say, time will tell .

Well augusta might as well have the entire csra added then. The csra is well over 700,000.

Old 03-17-2011, 07:18 PM

No sense in arguing about true populations of inner city areas example the same debate's going on in the Atlanta forum. Atlanta 0.8 percent growth and Augusta 0.4 it is obvious the count is low for the inner city areas not just these 2 cities but all the others in this state and the nation. Was there really an attempt to count all the residents who are not officially homeless but are illegally living in Section 8 housing / housing projects / rental homes and apartments that are not on any leases with the leased occupants of these current residences. What i'm trying to say is if a young mother or father has a section 8 voucher and has a live in boyfriend, girlfriend or roommate that is not on there lease and the Census worker shows up to the door do you really think the resident is going to voluntarily provide the illegal residents info to the Census worker. Or do you think a parent or relative will provide info on a family member who has some type of warrant what about a sex offender who is living somewhere illegally not to mention a legal hispanic U. S. citizen who has 8 to 10 ( forgive me for stereotyping hispanics but i have seen this ) illegal residents in their home or apartment going to. these are just a couple of examples that would make inner city population counts lower than they actually are. Georgia had a Census form return rate of less than 48% lower than surrounding states. Columbia county will show a higher percentage growth rate as it should but I would not be surprised if the true population count of that county were more accurate than Richmond. Facts are facts many still do not like to be counted for fear of big brother conspiracies and other nonsense they do not know the true benefits of being counted. In order to get a true population count of any given area you have to send out Census workers with cash in hand nothing is for free.

Old 03-17-2011, 07:35 PM

You mean to tell me that with all the new residences added to Richmond county in the last 10 years that it only added 700 people yeah right. I can go to Google Earth and count more than 400 single family homes added to the county between 2000-2010 and most are occupied. South Point, Walton Farms, Richmond Estates, Granite Hill, Willhaven, Eldeberry, Cameron, Cambridge, Pinehurst and The Hamptons to name a few.

Old 03-17-2011, 10:13 PM

1,138 posts, read 2,694,761 times
While ARC added less than 1000 people when you compare 2010 to 2000, you have to remember than ARC's population was decreasing pretty substantially until 2005, where it hit a low of about 194,000. Since then, however, the population has been increasing to the 200,000 we had in 2010.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area