Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 06:52 PM

101 posts, read 166,689 times

Advertisements

how will the on the go travelers see downtown if they are going around it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2011, 08:35 PM

2,217 posts, read 3,384,990 times
I know what you mean. I alway wished that augusta build downtown where the augusta exchange is located. It has both i20 and i520 like right there. I bet you if augusta was build in that location we probably will be like charlotte. NC. Atlanta would have to watch their back lol. Can you just imagine how many people will be downtown every day and the tourists that we will attract. See that what i20 and i520 can do if we close to the traffic unlike the way downtown is now. We have to waste taxpayers money to build something that we already have but someone made a bad decision they chose the river over the interstate. We still hurting from that mistake because downtown is build around the hood but they trying to turn it around now.

Old 06-15-2011, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amlovingit View Post
I know what you mean. I alway wished that augusta build downtown where the augusta exchange is located. It has both i20 and i520 like right there. I bet you if augusta was build in that location we probably will be like charlotte. NC. Atlanta would have to watch their back lol. Can you just imagine how many people will be downtown every day and the tourists that we will attract. See that what i20 and i520 can do if we close to the traffic unlike the way downtown is now. We have to waste taxpayers money to build something that we already have but someone made a bad decision they chose the river over the interstate. We still hurting from that mistake because downtown is build around the hood but they trying to turn it around now.
Yea what I was thinking like charlotte or birmingham. oh yea and augusta was built in the 1700's after savannah so I-20 wasn't born yet but I'm sure it was a road or a rail back then so they still had a choice. they should have built augusta where I-20 and i-520 are and built ship ports by the river.

Old 06-15-2011, 08:52 PM

1,138 posts, read 2,693,414 times
You guys do realize that when Augusta was established there wasn't even a West Augusta right? Plus, there's a reason why I20 wasn't built closer to downtown...interstates take a lot of land to build, and when they were building I20, it would have cost a LOAD of money to buy out property owners downtown so it could be built there, it was a lot cheaper and easier to build out in an undeveloped area.

Heck, until the Augusta Exchange was built in the 90's, that area wasn't anything but woods and farms.

Old 06-15-2011, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastsideDave View Post
You guys do realize that when Augusta was established there wasn't even a West Augusta right? Plus, there's a reason why I20 wasn't built closer to downtown...interstates take a lot of land to build, and when they were building I20, it would have cost a LOAD of money to buy out property owners downtown so it could be built there, it was a lot cheaper and easier to build out in an undeveloped area.

Heck, until the Augusta Exchange was built in the 90's, that area wasn't anything but woods and farms.
Wow thats a good thing but just cheap

Old 06-16-2011, 05:37 PM

937 posts, read 1,799,999 times
We have had these discussions about the interstates being built closer to downtown and the way it looks the only way we will get close to having an interstate run through or directly around would be the proposed interstate 3. But honestly downtown isn't where developers want to go it on the westside not mainly because of the interstate but because of the population , median income, and promise of that end of the city. Nortonguy where you at brother? Lol

Old 06-16-2011, 06:07 PM

934 posts, read 1,345,860 times
Augusta should create a "new downtown" by shifting towards the medical district and Riverwatch Parkway.

Old 06-16-2011, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by River_Dawg View Post
Augusta should create a "new downtown" by shifting towards the medical district and Riverwatch Parkway.
Give it sometime augusta exchange will be the new downtown

Old 06-16-2011, 07:04 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,507 posts, read 15,088,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All4Augusta View Post
We have had these discussions about the interstates being built closer to downtown and the way it looks the only way we will get close to having an interstate run through or directly around would be the proposed interstate 3. But honestly downtown isn't where developers want to go it on the westside not mainly because of the interstate but because of the population , median income, and promise of that end of the city. Nortonguy where you at brother? Lol
I guess you want me to name some of the recent projects downtown lol.. I think alot of the developments downtown go unnoticed...

1. Emporium
Rex Group Agents | Rex Property & Land, LLC

2. Whites Building
Rex Group Agents | Rex Property & Land, LLC

3. Rural Sourcing
Rural Sourcing, Inc. Home Page - The Future of Outsourcing in America

4. Green Building
1019 Broad Street, Augusta, GA, 30901 - Office Building Property for Lease on LoopNet.com

5. Johnson Building
758 Broad Street, Augusta, GA, 30901 - Mid/High-Rise Property - Off-Market on LoopNet.com

6. ESI corporate headquarters
ESi911

7. Granite Mill
Granite Mill LEED Gold Building Augusta GA - Enterprise Mill

8. Sutherland Mill
Sutherland Mill

9. Queensborough Bank Enterprise Mill branch
Home · Queensborough National Bank & Trust

10.Sprint Food & Metro Market is opening at 851 Broad street
851 Broad St, Augusta, GA, 30901 - Free Standing Bldg Property - Off-Market on LoopNet.com

Last edited by nortonguy; 06-16-2011 at 08:11 PM..

Old 06-16-2011, 09:07 PM

I like how Nortonguy can quote things about Augusta like a preacher quote the bible. Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area