Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 08:43 PM

1,327 posts, read 1,912,096 times

Advertisements

About 2 years ago, I thought about the concept of Georgia A&M. It would be a research university that I have designed to be built in downtown Augusta. It is just a concept so I dont need any riots to be started. I have a map of my proposal.

The yellow area is the proposal's site.
The red area is for future expansion.
Attached Thumbnails
Georgia A&M research university-georgia-m.png  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2011, 09:24 PM

934 posts, read 1,346,534 times
what currently at the yellow area?

Old 07-07-2011, 06:09 PM

937 posts, read 1,800,810 times
Where did this institution come from, is this from your imagination or are there actually plans to bring an agricultural and mechanic school to Augusta, Georgia?

Old 07-07-2011, 07:27 PM

120 posts, read 227,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by River_Dawg View Post
what currently at the yellow area?
it looks as though it borders Watkins, 7th, and Fenwick streets to the Canal over to Gordon hwy, A&W Oil a tanker fuel transport company that delivers mainly gasoline located on Fenwick between the R/R track and 5th, just behind them you have the Augusta Department of Family and Childrens Service aka Dfacs welfare office, also somewhere in the yellow border is the Augusta Rescue mission. Across the tracks you have that tractor trailer repair shop, Civic Center parking lot, a funeral home, a Georgia Power substation, Georgia Dept. of Corrections halfway house, ABC lumberyard, General wholesale alcholic beverage distributor, a couple of shot gun houses, a small rail yard and numerous R/R tracks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All4Augusta View Post
Where did this institution come from, is this from your imagination or are there actually plans to bring an agricultural and mechanic school to Augusta, Georgia?
It's a concept! I like it all of the above could easily be moved the one problem would be the R/R tracks and the stigma from a majority of this area recently going thru an expensive cleanup from Atlanta Gas and Light contaminating a majority of the area bordered by the Canal, 8th st., 7th st. and Walton way. It would really work if the city finally decided to move the Savannah R/R crossing down to I-520. Great idea

Old 07-07-2011, 07:42 PM

934 posts, read 1,346,534 times
Maybe GHSU could change their name again to GA A&M.

Old 07-07-2011, 07:48 PM

GHSU is a health and Science University and I doubt they would relocate downtown the highlighted spaces are smaller than their current locations along 15th and Walton. A start up or spin off from 1 of the states other institutions would do just fine. Maybe a spin off of Augusta State or Augusta Tech.

Old 07-07-2011, 07:52 PM

101 posts, read 166,754 times
Is all of this real or made up, I mean The made up interstate, runways ect, I want proof,

Old 07-07-2011, 08:32 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,962,519 times
It's all made up! Just a concept. Although I must say I like most of the concepts dpatt.marine1 comes up with. I wonder what he does specifically as a marine...

Old 07-08-2011, 06:25 PM

1,327 posts, read 1,912,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alco89 View Post
It's all made up! Just a concept. Although I must say I like most of the concepts dpatt.marine1 comes up with. I wonder what he does specifically as a marine...
I work with the airwing in North Carolina, I just turned 20 and I am studying civil engineering and urban and regional development. My only goal is to bring out the full potential of Augusta. The city has so many possibilites and if you look at it from a geographic stand point, Augusta fits every project I have designed perfectly. From I-63 from Tallahassee to Greenville SC, to the addition of a 3rd runway at Augusta Regional Airport, to bringing an interstate downtown, to making Riverwatch Pkwy a controlled access road, to making the regency mall the states next X games and super regional park with a huge canal and lake, to the creation of Georgia A&M. Augusta is bound to slowly receive each of these ideas in the future just off growth alone, plus with Fort Gordon, GHSU, the Masters, and the continue growth of west Augusta and Columbia County, Augusta will grow bigger even if the local population doesn't want it to. I have accepted this and I offer up my life to see that these type of ideas happen, because as I tell everyone, Augusta will be the next Raleigh.

Old 07-08-2011, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpatt.marine1 View Post
because as I tell everyone, Augusta will be the next Raleigh.
I hope not, i like growth it's a good thing though too much too fast can ruin everything that you wish to accomplish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area