Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 02:44 PM

2,217 posts, read 3,386,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandynoel728 View Post
I will check out yelp and uraban spoon. I just thoght some locals on this board may have some favorite places to recommend.
What type of food you like that will help us alot to help you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2011, 05:01 PM

250 posts, read 580,377 times
If you are moving near Patriots Park then youll have to check out Willie Sue's. Its right in front of the Ivy Falls subdivision. Good home cookin!

I would also say try the following- Goolsbys(home cooking) located across from Wal Mart on Washington Road
Sho Chins (Asian) - same plaza as Goolsbys
Papa N Sons(Chicago style dogs and such) -this was known as Dino's before hey changed their name. located across from Wal Mart also
Sunrise Grill(breakfast food)-Located next to Kmart on Washington road

I give thumbs up to Mellow Mushroom but I think Pizza Joint is ok also. The PJ is local while Mellow Mushroom is not.
If you like Mexican food then you shouldnt have a problem finding any Mexican joints to eat at. One of my personal faves is El Alazan located next to Food Lion on Evans to Lock and Furys Ferry.

Those are some of my faves...hope that helps

Old 07-07-2011, 06:15 PM

24 posts, read 58,545 times
Thanks Whitmans77 - that is exactly the kind of info I was looking for

Old 07-08-2011, 09:25 AM

Location: (Orginally From Ann Arbor, MI) Now reside in Evans, Georgia
560 posts, read 1,142,535 times
Columbia County : Restaurant Directory

Old 07-09-2011, 04:50 AM

661 posts, read 2,895,607 times
Welcome to the neighborhood! You're moving right up the road from us.
We love the Garlic Clove in Evans for Italian. Pizza Central in Evans is also good.There's a Chinese restaurant in the Food Lion plaza on the corner of Hereford Farm Rd. It looks pretty nondescript, but the food is excellent. Crum's on Central is yummy. Gotta head downtown for that one.

There's no shortage of shopping in the area. Two stores that are fun to wander around in are Mish Mash and Whatever, in Evans. Both are good for home decorating or gifts. Mish Mash has a reputation for being a little pricey, but you can find some good deals there.

Old 07-09-2011, 07:11 AM

Sounds great - We will definately being trying the garlic clove.

Old 07-11-2011, 05:42 PM

1,163 posts, read 2,099,121 times
Hula Dawgs (Grovetown) has the best hot dog I've ever had before. Good burgers, too.

Miss not being able to eat there anymore. One of a very few good/unique non-chain places to eat in the Augusta area.

Only others I'd recommend that aren't non-chain (Mellow Mushroom is good but those are all over) is Rhinehart's (place never got old). Willie Sue's was good. Outside of your area, I'd also recommend Janwiches for a quick lunch, Nacho Mama's for an awesome burrito, Rooster's Beak for slightly upscale TexMex, and then drive over to New Ellenton for BBQ at Carolina BBQ.

Unfortunately, Augusta doesn't have many unique and non-chain options for a city of it's size in my opinion.

Old 07-12-2011, 12:48 PM

2,217 posts, read 3,386,175 times
Big mama house wrightsboro rd augusta ga

Old 07-12-2011, 12:58 PM

Great info. Hula Dawgs sounds fun and we love a great tex mex place that has a bit of atmosphere so Roosters Beak will be on the top of the list.

Old 07-12-2011, 02:09 PM

Location: (Orginally From Ann Arbor, MI) Now reside in Evans, Georgia
560 posts, read 1,142,535 times
OK tried Shanes ribs. I give it 5 thumbs up.

BBQ | Shanes Rib Shack

We'll be back their for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area