Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 02:20 PM

998 posts, read 1,542,234 times

Advertisements

Check out Old McDonald's fish camp and Gooldby's... Get a reservation for OMFC before you drive out there (open Thur-Sat off of Exit 1/I-20 in SC, about 5 miles towards Edgefield), but with kids there's plenty to keep their attention out there and you won't leave hungry.

OldMacFishCamp Restaurant & Dining
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2011, 04:53 PM

1,163 posts, read 2,091,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandynoel728 View Post
Great info. Hula Dawgs sounds fun and we love a great tex mex place that has a bit of atmosphere so Roosters Beak will be on the top of the list.
Thought you should know that Hula Dawgs is SMALL. Like, very small. A few tables inside and 2 picnic tables inside as well. Way worth it.

Also, Roosters Beak does have a great atmosphere and it isn't upscale or anything...it is just a few steps above your standard Mexican restaurant as far as atmosphere goes. They have crafts beers if that tells you anything. Again, I recommend.

Old 07-12-2011, 09:32 PM

120 posts, read 226,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tckr83 View Post
Check out Old McDonald's fish camp and Gooldby's... Get a reservation for OMFC before you drive out there (open Thur-Sat off of Exit 1/I-20 in SC, about 5 miles towards Edgefield), but with kids there's plenty to keep their attention out there and you won't leave hungry.

OldMacFishCamp Restaurant & Dining
This is a great place that you really don't hear much about on this side of the river.

Old 07-13-2011, 09:54 AM

Location: (Orginally From Ann Arbor, MI) Now reside in Evans, Georgia
560 posts, read 1,139,077 times
Ok were on a roll went to Mellow Mushroom and I am not much of a pizza person but they where really good Mellow Mushroom Pizza Bakers Happy weve found 2 new resturants we consider worth returning to more then once. The Old Mac Fish Camp seems interesting. Will have to try it.

Old 07-13-2011, 11:45 AM

998 posts, read 1,542,234 times
Its a rustic, family run restaurant... OMFC has been in business for a long time and I've never had a bad experience there. It's always busy and for good reason. There is a free grits and hush puppies (best ever) bar for appetizers if you like before your meal arrives. Good family setting and definitely worth at least one visit to try out a new dining experience in the Augusta area.

Old 07-19-2011, 11:35 AM

13 posts, read 20,290 times
Guiseppies....If you like italian food....pizza.....the best Pizza (it's real)...imho....all the food there is great....it's on Wheeler Rd. just up from the Hospital next to the funeral home.....you won't be disapointed.......

Old 07-19-2011, 04:02 PM

2,214 posts, read 3,368,394 times
Hibachi Grill & Supreme Buffet
1343 Augusta West Pkwy, Augusta, GA 30909-6437

The best japanese buffet in town read the reviews.

Google

Old 09-19-2011, 11:34 PM

4 posts, read 4,692 times
most of the good places to eat have been named:

CRUMS - the Chicken Florentine and mac & cheese are great there.
Sunrise Grill - always good service there, super quick
The Boil Weevil - Sandwich shop .. downtown ... bread is amazing there.
Blue Sky Kitchen - Cuban-styled sandwiches downtown. Great bread too. Nice sitting outside on Broad people watching.
New Moon - I only get the bacon, egg and chess croissant but it's great everytime ... hear the coffee was A1 as well. (also on Broad)
Guiseppe's on Wheeler and Luigi's on Broad the best Italians food you'll find in town ...

I've eaten almost most everywhere in Augusta ... I agree w/ whoever said we dont have many unique food options.

Old 09-25-2011, 03:52 PM

32 posts, read 60,509 times
We have now lived here in Grovetown two years and I can tell you nothing stands out as particularly exciting to us. However, we did get burgers at Hula Dawg last month and they were really good. We also just ate at Armando's pizza in the same shopping plaza just today and were pleasantly surprised. Very good pizza.

Old 09-25-2011, 04:34 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,504 posts, read 15,031,438 times
I would visit the restaurants downtown because there's several unique and diffrent places to choose from.. I can think of tons of restaurants that people don't know of, or haven't visited before..

Roosters Beak, Frog Hollow, Bees Knees, Cafe 209, Casa Blanca, Cotton Patch, Lugis, Sweet Lou's, Pauley's steakhouse, La Masion, Nacho Mamas, Sixth at Watkins, Beamies, Soy Noodle House, Wicked Wasabi, etc..

There's also the Sunday brunch at Patridge Inn, Villa Europa and Sconyers in South Augusta, 5 O'clock Bistro, Sheehans, and Helgas in Summerville/Midtown and the restaurants in the Surrey Center..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area