Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 11:12 AM

92 posts, read 162,211 times

Advertisements

I would recommend the Hill area or west Augusta. These areas are safe and have a lot of charm as compared to Columbia County. The Hill/west augusta is close to downtown. Lots of great local restaurants are located downtown and on the Hill. (Frog Hollow Tavern, 5 oclock Bistro, The Polka Dot Pig, Sheehans, Bees knees, Roosters Beak,Crums, Blue Moon to name a few. Restaurants in Columbia County tend to be chains.
Also in my opinion there is an over abundance of housing inventory in Grovetown, Houses in Grovetown turn relatively fast due to military transfers. And because there is always a new subdivision coming on the market, a "used" home is sometimes difficult to resell
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2011, 01:28 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,508 posts, read 15,101,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanCoco View Post
I live in Augusta, but would personally recommend #1 Evans, #2 Martinez, #3 Grovetown. Whatever you do, do NOT move to south Augusta! I ignorantly bought a house in Augusta, before I knew the surrounding area better.

There are far better restaurant choices in Evans, and they just opened up a dog park.. okay I am jealous lol I wish I would have rented first, instead of bought. The price was great.. but the area not so much it turns out. It's tough when you are coming from another state.. I learned my lesson.
From living in both Columbia and Richmond counties Grovetown(demographics) is basically a smaller South Augusta.... The new military families keep the housing market growing in both areas.. I can't understand somebody mentioning stay away from South Augusta, but move to Grovetown..

Did you mean there's far better restaurant choices in Evans compared to South Augusta or all of Augusta?? I'm asking because 93% of Columbia County residents shop/dine outside the county.. The majority of shopping/dining in the metro is located in West Augusta..

Last edited by nortonguy; 09-12-2011 at 01:52 PM..

Old 09-12-2011, 05:07 PM

6 posts, read 43,816 times
norton guy, I read some of your previous posts, and since it seems you are here as an Augusta PR guy, I wont waste my time arguing with you. I said my PERSONAL opinion as somebody who moved from out of state... if you don't like my opinion, that is fine. Since the OP is looking to rent first, I think they will come to find out for themselves what area they will want to live in.

Several of my friends who chose to rent in Augusta, MOVED to the area's I mentioned. I wish I would have rented first. I'd be living in Evans now

Explain to me one thing, since you know so much about Augusta.. why don't we have sidewalks on most neighborhood streets? I don't mean the main strips, or the hill area. It seems very weird to me, and so unsafe.

Old 09-12-2011, 05:38 PM

Quote:
norton guy, I read some of your previous posts, and since it seems you are here as an Augusta PR guy, I wont waste my time arguing with you. I said my PERSONAL opinion as somebody who moved from out of state... if you don't like my opinion, that is fine. Since the OP is looking to rent first, I think they will come to find out for themselves what area they will want to live in.

Several of my friends who chose to rent in Augusta, MOVED to the area's I mentioned. I wish I would have rented first. I'd be living in Evans now

Explain to me one thing, since you know so much about Augusta.. why don't we have sidewalks on most neighborhood streets? I don't mean the main strips, or the hill area. It seems very weird to me, and so unsafe.
Epic fail.. Both Richmond and Columbia counties are apart of Augusta.. There's no choice in terms of being a homer, since were not comparing Augusta vs another city..

Okay Expatriado, Par4ham, Disgustasucks, Jacksonahole, Disgustatruth, etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriado View Post
The Augusta section is not a forum, it's a cheap publicity stunt by the city and Augusta businessmen to get free advertising space on the web, if you peruse this section, you'll find that the spinners and fluffers who get paid to post here will tell you that this place is Shambala on golden roller skates. Nothing further from the truth. If you DO want to know the truth, log on to WRDW, WAGT, WJBF and the Augusta Chronicle for accurate local news, don't be surprised if one of the PR men who pump this place tell you not to believe your eyes...

Old 09-12-2011, 06:41 PM

6 posts, read 43,816 times
Why are you so hateful towards people that don't favor Augusta? We all have different taste.. so what? We disagree, is that a reason to type childish things like "Epic Fail" ?

Old 09-12-2011, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Why are you so hateful towards people that don't favor Augusta? We all have different taste.. so what? We disagree, is that a reason to type childish things like "Epic Fail" ?
How would you even know if you supposedly just join the forum?? I didn't say anything but Grovetown and South Augusta have similar demographics.. Didn't you begin the childish comments a few minutes ago? 'PR Guy''

Both Richmond and Columbia county are apart of Augusta... You're the only person who goes out of their way to try and separate Augusta(city) from Columbia County...

I don't understand why you have to make multiple screen names to get your point across..

Old 09-13-2011, 08:32 AM

11 posts, read 58,943 times
My boyfriend is opening 2 restos so we need to live close to where those are. Prob need to find out the locations. We are coming in October to check things out.

As far as CRIME? I live in Jackson, Mississippi!! In the arts district -- I heard gunshots at 6:30 in the afternoon yesterday -- I feel sure anywhere in augusta will be better than what I am in now bc we are one of the most violent cities in the South

Old 09-13-2011, 08:38 AM

11 posts, read 58,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonguy View Post
Epic fail.. Both Richmond and Columbia counties are apart of Augusta.. There's no choice in terms of being a homer, since were not comparing Augusta vs another city..

Okay Expatriado, Par4ham, Disgustasucks, Jacksonahole, Disgustatruth, etc...
I love that nortonguy is such an advocate for urban development and believes in his city. I am that way with Jackson, so I can't wait to move to another town and believe in that one as well. If we don't change things -- no one will

Old 09-13-2011, 03:43 PM

1,138 posts, read 2,695,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbrooks601 View Post
I love that nortonguy is such an advocate for urban development and believes in his city. I am that way with Jackson, so I can't wait to move to another town and believe in that one as well. If we don't change things -- no one will
There's nothing wrong with believing in your city and wanting to succeed and bragging when good things happen to it, but nort takes it to the extreme by not recognizing the negatives about Augusta and downright attacking people who have views who don't perfectly mesh with his. It's childish, if you don't agree with what someone is posting, just ignore them, don't constantly make fun of them and call them a troll. These people aren't trolling but are presenting their opinions on where Augusta needs improvement. I could see if they just come on here and say 'Augusta sucks' and that's it, that's trolling, but nort attacks someone and calls them a troll if they simply disagree with him.

Old 09-13-2011, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastsideDave View Post
There's nothing wrong with believing in your city and wanting to succeed and bragging when good things happen to it, but nort takes it to the extreme by not recognizing the negatives about Augusta and downright attacking people who have views who don't perfectly mesh with his. It's childish, if you don't agree with what someone is posting, just ignore them, don't constantly make fun of them and call them a troll. These people aren't trolling but are presenting their opinions on where Augusta needs improvement. I could see if they just come on here and say 'Augusta sucks' and that's it, that's trolling, but nort attacks someone and calls them a troll if they simply disagree with him.
You mean like the way you attacked me, because I think Augusta needs a 17k seat arena... Why didn't you just ignore my post??

Name one person I've called a troll except for Disgustasucks, Disgustatruth, Expatriado, Par4ham, Jacksonahole, etc?? I noticed some of those posters were banned..

I did ignore Expatriado lastest rants, he posted the exact comment on four diffrent threads..

Have you noticed all these posters make a few comments and never return...

Last edited by nortonguy; 09-13-2011 at 04:30 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area