U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 05:03 PM

17 posts, read 13,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tckr83 View Post
Enterprise Mill sounds like a good match... don't know how much sqft of living space you're looking for, but it's a very nice place to live downtown. Might be worth looking into...
I checked this place out. Only had 2brs left and they were out of my budget. Cool place though. My wife is a sustainable architect in the USGBC and this place had her attention. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2012, 05:06 PM

17 posts, read 13,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonguy View Post
I meant to say chose Olde Town, as the neighborhood is right outside of the CBD(downtown)..

Summerville and Forest Hills are right next to Central Ave/Monte Sano Avenue/Kings Way.. There aren't any clubs near the neighborhoods, but several trendy businesses are within walking distance...

I lived in Evans before in Columbia County, and now live in the CBD.. Crime(break ins, burgalries, and sometimes robberies) was more of a issue in Evans compared to downtown.. I can't speak for Olde Town personally, but none of the people I know have had any problems except two who had their cars broken into last year... My comments come from my personal experience, and not hearsay or the local media, etc... The people who bring up certain issues usually live outside of Richmond County, and don't spend much time in these areas... They tend to get information from other suburbanities who don't visit inner city neighborhoods either..
I ended up in Olde Town between 3rd and 4th. HW floors, utilities included, gated parking, lots of sun. Thanks for the recommendations.

Old 08-23-2012, 03:53 AM

1 posts, read 294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crockpot2001 View Post
Thanks in advance for any comments you might have.

It is likely that I will be relocating to the Augusta area in the next few weeks for a job. The job is actually in North Augusta.

I am a foodie and historic architecture fan. I would also like to be in an area where I can entertain my wife and other visitors when they come to visit. I'm looking for a reasonably priced single bedroom or large studio with hardwood floors. Vinyl sided, burber carpet, suburbia stuff next to fast food joints and Wal-Mart is not my style.

Can anyone identify an area of town that will provide more of these options? Where should I avoid due to crime or poor access to the above mentioned points?

Many thanks in advance.
Hey if i did it all again i would go for the downtown Augusta it is being redone, lots of good food bars and music. 1st Friday is always fun. The Hill area is the best for the historic architecture if you can afford it.

Old 09-06-2012, 12:08 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
6,234 posts, read 7,308,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahankaur View Post
Hey if i did it all again i would go for the downtown Augusta it is being redone, lots of good food bars and music. 1st Friday is always fun. The Hill area is the best for the historic architecture if you can afford it.
Olde Town and the CBD both have their share of historic architecture too...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area